Michael Moore, propagandist and obese phony bitch..

If it's news, but not politics, then it goes here.
Woe Now
Forum Addict

Michael Moore, propagandist and obese phony bitch..

Postby Woe Now » Mon Mar 12, 2007 1:33 pm

What a surprise. Maybe y'all can get your eight bucks back, considering you paid to view an infomercial. Shit you can get that for free all day on Air America.

Documentary questions Moore's tactics..

From the film about Moore, "Manufacturing Dissent."

Among their revelations in the movie, which had its world premiere Saturday night at the South by Southwest film festival: That Moore actually did speak with then-General Motors chairman Roger Smith, the evasive subject of his 1989 debut "Roger & Me," but chose to withhold that footage from the final cut.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070311/ap_en_mo/film_manufacturing_dissent

A movie titled â??KFC 9/11â?Â

Oprah
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Oprah » Mon Mar 12, 2007 2:37 pm

Yes, Michael Moore is a propagandist, and, yes, obese.

While this in itself is not a good thing, it is an absolute abhorance when propaganda underlies the decision-making and justification for a war initiated by Little Boy Georgie and the Dicks. But hey, at least Georgie and one of the Dicks are not obese.

ShaneDog
Forum God/Goddess

Postby ShaneDog » Mon Mar 12, 2007 3:38 pm

That's old news. I thought everyone knew that he does some creative editing and plays loose with the facts. I don't think that necessarily makes him phony. All
"documentaries" have a point of view.

The Tolerator
Forum God/Goddess

Postby The Tolerator » Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:00 pm

Oprah wrote:Yes, Michael Moore is a propagandist, and, yes, obese.

While this in itself is not a good thing, it is an absolute abhorance when propaganda underlies the decision-making and justification for a war initiated by Little Boy Georgie and the Dicks. But hey, at least Georgie and one of the Dicks are not obese.

Oprah,

You just couldn't help yourself could you? This thread is about the phoney Michael Moore and you tried to make about the war in Iraq. Don't you know that your talkingpoints.com strategy has been exposed. Stop trying to use it.

Oprah
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Oprah » Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:25 pm

The Tolerator wrote:
Oprah wrote:Yes, Michael Moore is a propagandist, and, yes, obese.

Oprah,

You just couldn't help yourself could you? This thread is about the phoney Michael Moore and you tried to make about the war in Iraq. Don't you know that your talkingpoints.com strategy has been exposed. Stop trying to use it.

How ironic of you to say that.

For the record, I did address the topic of Micahel Moore in my post and clearly stated my opinion that he is indeed a propagandist.

aaron
Forum God/Goddess

Postby aaron » Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:18 am

Where the hell did all these right wing whackos come from on here? Used to be there was only Ned.

Thank God I don't know anyone like that in real life.

white_rabbit
Forum God/Goddess

Postby white_rabbit » Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:24 am

aaron wrote:Where the hell did all these right wing whackos come from on here? Used to be there was only Ned.

Lemmings from madison.com following uncle jimbo.

The Tolerator
Forum God/Goddess

Postby The Tolerator » Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:46 am

aaron wrote:Where the hell did all these right wing whackos come from on here? Used to be there was only Ned.

Fact and reason can be exhausting sometimes. Discussing in a vacuum is easy and the only place that demos can walk lock-step without challenge.

Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ned Flanders » Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:47 am

God help you if you ever met anyone wiht a different point of view.

Madison's the perfect place for you my boy.

aaron
Forum God/Goddess

Postby aaron » Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:57 am

"Fact and reason can be exhausting sometimes. Discussing in a vacuum is easy and the only place that demos can walk lock-step without challenge"

That's the pot calling the kettle black if I ever heard it. Ever pay a visit to Lucianne.com or FreeRepublic.com? On those places, you actually get "banned" for posting anything except the most rabidly right-wing opinions.

The Tolerator
Forum God/Goddess

Postby The Tolerator » Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:17 am

aaron wrote: Ever pay a visit to Lucianne.com or FreeRepublic.com? On those places, you actually get "banned" for posting anything except the most rabidly right-wing opinions.

No I haven't visited those website, but I have seen people on this forum calling for posters with differing views to be banned.

DedeTate
Forum Addict

Postby DedeTate » Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:40 am

The team who made Manufacturing Dissent can also be termed propagandists - they put their film together to "expose" Moore within the film community, but the majority of the stuff they're pointing out was never a secret. The Roger & Me allegations, for example, are as old as the film - and Moore was sued at the time by a number of parties who felt that they were misrepresented in the film. This is just an easy way for the filmmakers to make a name for themselves - and the concept probably also helped it secure financing.

JMH

Postby JMH » Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:42 am

Ban the Tolerator for being intolerant of other people calling for bannings.

blunt
Forum God/Goddess

Postby blunt » Tue Mar 13, 2007 11:11 am

Oh, jeepers, different people seem to have different agendas.
Oh, lawdy, the left is trying the same underhanded tactics the right has wallowed in.
Holy moly.

Return to “Headlines”