Enemies Among Us

If it's news, but not politics, then it goes here.
Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ned Flanders » Thu Feb 22, 2007 9:48 pm

"Zubair Ahmed, 27, and Khaleed Ahmed, 26, were charged with conspiring to commit terrorist acts against Americans overseas. They were arrested Wednesday in Chicago and are scheduled to appear in U.S. District Court there Monday."
http://www.cleveland.com/terrorism/plai ... xml&coll=2

"Four more people â?? including two suburban Toledo men and two others from the Chicago area â?? have been indicted in federal court in connection with an alleged Toledo-based plot to train terrorists fighting U.S. forces in Iraq, The Blade has learned.

Ashraf Zaim, 39, an Ottawa Hills resident and owner of A-Z Travel in Toledo; Bilal Mazloum, 22, of Sylvania, a brother of one of three terrorist suspects indicted last year; and cousins Zubair Ahmed, 27, and Khaleel Ahmed, 26, both of the Chicago area, were named in indictments that were unsealed today in U.S. District Court in Toledo. The indictments were handed up by a federal grand jury in Cleveland on Feb. 7."
http://toledoblade.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ar ... /FRONTPAGE
Last edited by Ned Flanders on Thu Feb 22, 2007 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Talon Newsman
Forum Addict

Postby Talon Newsman » Thu Feb 22, 2007 9:50 pm

Ned Flanders wrote:"Zubair Ahmed, 27, and Khaleed Ahmed, 26, were charged with conspiring to commit terrorist acts against Americans overseas. They were arrested Wednesday in Chicago and are scheduled to appear in U.S. District Court there Monday."
http://www.cleveland.com/terrorism/plai ... xml&coll=2

Holy shit, Ned!

Please tell me they weren't on the GOP's donor list, too.

Old School Johnny
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Old School Johnny » Fri Feb 23, 2007 2:00 am

Talon Newsman wrote:Holy shit, Ned!

Please tell me they weren't on the GOP's donor list, too.

Post of the Year right there, Talon Newsman. Maybe O'Reilly will float ya one of his Peabodys.

And one can't help but notice ol' Ned has avoided the multiple GOP-terrorist-donor threads on this here messageboard. If anyone can solve that mystery, I have a Polk for ya...

Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ned Flanders » Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:06 pm

WASHINGTON â?? A former Navy sailor was arrested Wednesday for allegedly e-mailing military secrets â?? including detailed information on Navy battle groups and their missions â?? to a suspected terrorism financier that were later posted on Web sites used to raise funds for Al Qaeda.

Hassan Abujihaad, 31, of Phoenix, is accused in a case that began in Connecticut and followed a suspected terrorist network across the country and into Europe and the Middle East.

He was arrested in Phoenix on charges of supporting terrorism with an intent to kill U.S. citizens and transmitting classified information to unauthorized people.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,257619,00.html

Chuck_Schick
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Chuck_Schick » Thu Mar 08, 2007 4:21 pm

Are you going to make your usual racist commentary on the matter, Ned, or have you been reduced to simple cut 'n' paste?

Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ned Flanders » Thu Mar 08, 2007 4:59 pm

I'll keep posting information and you can keep spinning as per usual.

Prof. Wagstaff
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Prof. Wagstaff » Thu Mar 08, 2007 5:11 pm

I think Ned has a point.
As long as we only apply the word "terrorist" to Muslims, only Muslims can be terrorists.

goofticket
Forum Addict

Postby goofticket » Tue Mar 13, 2007 11:36 am

And just who is going to prosecute these bad guys if Bush & co fired all 93 US Attorneys?

The twins?

Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ned Flanders » Tue May 08, 2007 8:49 am

FBI Arrests Six In Alleged Terror Plot Against N.J. Soldiers
NEW YORK -- Six men from New Jersey have been arrested in an alleged terror plot against soldiers at Fort Dix, according investigators.

Investigators said the men planned to use automatic rifles to enter Fort Dix and kill as many soldiers as they could at the N.J. base. Fort Dix was just one of several military and security locations allegedly scouted by this group, authorities said.

more...
The six suspects arrested Monday night will face terror conspiracy charges. Three of the men are brothers, all believed to be Islamic radicals. Authorities have told Newschannel 4 that some of the men were born in Albania and the former Yugoslavia. Investigators said most of the suspects have spent several years here in the U.S.

Some of the group's alleged planning was caught on videotape, investigators said. On the videotape there is significant discussion of Martyrdom.

"Who is going to take care of my wife and kids," one suspect asks. Another responds, "Allah will take care of your wife and kids." The alleged terror cell is described by investigators as disciples of Osama Bin Laden. Among the evidence seized was the downloaded will and testament of two Sept. 11 hijackers.
http://www.wnbc.com/news/13274813/detai ... =mainclick

Old School Johnny
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Old School Johnny » Tue May 08, 2007 9:44 am

Ned Flanders wrote:FBI Arrests Six In Alleged Terror Plot Against N.J. Soldiers
NEW YORK -- Six men from New Jersey have been arrested in an alleged terror plot against soldiers at Fort Dix, according investigators...

But... but... I thought we were fighting them over there so we wouldn't have to fight them over here? What the hell happened?

In any case, kudos to the authorities who thwarted this plot. Looks like John Kerry was right after all - terrorism is a law enforcement issue.

blunt
Forum God/Goddess

Postby blunt » Tue May 08, 2007 11:02 am

Ned Flanders wrote:your irrational hate of Christians and even your fellow Americans combined with your own self-loathing forces you blame them rather than the ones who are actually killing you.

Although I do loathe myself, I find Christians and Muslims even more repulsive.

Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ned Flanders » Tue May 08, 2007 2:07 pm

Old School Johnny wrote:
Ned Flanders wrote:FBI Arrests Six In Alleged Terror Plot Against N.J. Soldiers
NEW YORK -- Six men from New Jersey have been arrested in an alleged terror plot against soldiers at Fort Dix, according investigators...

But... but... I thought we were fighting them over there so we wouldn't have to fight them over here? What the hell happened?

In any case, kudos to the authorities who thwarted this plot. Looks like John Kerry was right after all - terrorism is a law enforcement issue.

Leave it to a provincial simpleton like 'ol Johnny here to not understand that the U.S. military, for obvious reasons, is not allowed to carry out operations on U.S. soil. So what other choice did the administration, FBI and other authorities have?

As for "fighting over there", well I haven't heard of any attacks on U.S. soil since 9/11, no thanks to Democrats. So the strategy seems to be working OK for now.

I'm sure 'ol Johnny boy, just like Komander Kerry and the Klintons would love to haul these and other terrorists into court, like some drunk driver or shoplifter.

That kind of thinking unfortunately lead to 9/11.

white_rabbit
Forum God/Goddess

Postby white_rabbit » Tue May 08, 2007 2:23 pm

Ned Flanders wrote:

The kind of thinking that lead to 9/11 was the thinking of the current administration that a memo entitled "Osama Bin Laden determined to strike US" was no big deal.

Marvell
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Marvell » Tue May 08, 2007 2:42 pm

Ned Flanders wrote: I haven't heard of any attacks on U.S. soil since 9/11, no thanks to Democrats. So the strategy seems to be working OK for now.

I'm sure 'ol Johnny boy, just like Komander Kerry and the Klintons would love to haul these and other terrorists into court, like some drunk driver or shoplifter.

Well, I see the sun is shining - which means Ned must be lying about something.

Care to add some teeth to your accusations that Democrats are somehow enabling terrorists? Or is this just more mindless neo-con rhetoric that were supposed to accept at face value, no matter how insulting it might be to our intelligence?

Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ned Flanders » Tue May 08, 2007 2:43 pm

Sure, start with the recent comments of Harry Reid.

Return to “Headlines”