WWPD? (What would Popeye Do?)

If it's news, but not politics, then it goes here.

How has the recent, as yet elusive, E. coli contamination of fresh leaf spinach affected your long-term spinach outlook?

Are you kidding me? In the first place, I'd rather eat shit than spinach. Never touch the stuff. Don't care.
15%
I never really liked it anyway, so this is as good an excuse as any to eliminate it from my diet completely.
8%
Used to eat it, but I'm steering clear for awhile. Sure you have two kidneys, but I'm pretty sure there's only one liver.
54%
I never should have conditioned my body for that all-bagged-spinach diet. I can't get it anywhere and I'm wasting away.
No votes
I've switched to watercress completely. You know what they say: Once you go 'cress, you'll never go â?Š wait â?Š what is it they say again?
8%
It's a conspiracy. Cheney did it. He took a shit in the Federal Salad Reserve when he went to get the fuses for the WTC 7 job. Don't you see how [ ... rambles on incoherently ... ]
15%

Total votes: 13

Chuck_Schick
Forum God/Goddess

WWPD? (What would Popeye Do?)

Postby Chuck_Schick » Fri Sep 22, 2006 9:58 am

Some days life just drops a shit crouton in your existential salad bowl. What're ya gonna do?

shelly
Forum God/Goddess

Postby shelly » Fri Sep 22, 2006 10:29 am

Well I am sure it is not just spinach. Any mass produced, factory farmed fresh veggie could have had this happen. Same as with hamburger, when you grow things in vast quantities and ship to vast quantities of people, these things can happen. I'm just saying that this situation isn't limited to spinach production.

Oprah
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Oprah » Fri Sep 22, 2006 12:35 pm

shelly wrote:Well I am sure it is not just spinach. Any mass produced, factory farmed fresh veggie could have had this happen. Same as with hamburger, when you grow things in vast quantities and ship to vast quantities of people, these things can happen. I'm just saying that this situation isn't limited to spinach production.

So you're saying that not only does Popeye have to be careful, but now Wimpy does as well. Will this madness never end?

meowzamusic
Forum God/Goddess

Postby meowzamusic » Fri Sep 22, 2006 12:45 pm

Popeye would close all of his shitty chicken establishments around town. I see he's already done that to the one on Northport--one down, three to go.

Learned
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Learned » Fri Sep 22, 2006 1:14 pm

meowzamusic wrote:Popeye would close all of his shitty chicken establishments around town. I see he's already done that to the one on Northport--one down, three to go.

I think there are only two left - Fish Hatch and MKE St.

jjoyce
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jjoyce » Fri Sep 22, 2006 1:41 pm

It's likely that Popeye, living in a garbage can as he does, has already been exposed to many parasites and other nasty things.

One should note, however, that he still like's to go swimmin' with naked women.

Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Fri Sep 22, 2006 1:49 pm

jjoyce wrote:One should note, however, that he still like's to go swimmin' with naked women.

I thought it was: "I love to go swimmin' with bow-legged women and swim between their legs." Or nevermind, I think that was Jan Jansen and not Popeye.

buckyor
Forum God/Goddess

Postby buckyor » Fri Sep 22, 2006 2:15 pm

I seem to recall Popeye eating spinach from a can. So I don't know that he'd be affected at all.

Return to “Headlines”