Tomato the Nazis...

If it's news, but not politics, then it goes here.

Should the Nazis be welcomed with a barrage of locally grown Tomatoes?

Yes
58%
No
42%

Total votes: 24

Paco
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Paco » Sat Aug 26, 2006 6:55 pm

A group of Snazi's were in the crowd, and were spotted by the Anti-racists in black from Milw and a fight ensued. 5 were arrested. But like I told some other people, that's about 70 less than on a football saturday at Camp Randall.

Bunnies!!!!!!!!!

dtray2064
Forum Addict

Postby dtray2064 » Sun Aug 27, 2006 11:49 am

altcountryman wrote:Not to discount the sickness that this belief system is in our society, but the overall spectacle of the thing was pretty interesting. Lots of geared-up police, and several on horseback. Many were stationary while others roved in regimented groups around the Capital area. At one point one of them went around and lowered the face shields of a couple others - made me wonder if he'd heard something was going on or was about to. No action, though, fortunately.

There were some officers with binocs on top of one of the tall buildings. Not sure if there were actual snipers, but I think a couple had riot helmets so I imagine there were. That's a more exciting story, so I'm stickin' to it.

Madison.com reported 5 arrests. Not bad for the number of people, I suppose, but a totally clean slate would have been a lot better. Hopefully the bastards will go back to wherever they came from and never return.

Isn't it funny, in the sickest way possible, that the riot police faced the protesters, enforced strict rules against the protestors, arrested protestors and set up snipers in a position to target protestors?

Since when have protestors killed nazis?

But of course, nazis have never killed anybody.

And thanks a lot, Nick Nice-- the 4 or 5 protestors who were arrested were apprehended for throwing tomatos.

BobArctor
Forum God/Goddess

Postby BobArctor » Sun Aug 27, 2006 12:29 pm

dtray2064 wrote: And thanks a lot, Nick Nice-- the 4 or 5 protestors who were arrested were apprehended for throwing tomatos.
Did any of the tomatoes connect?

cheetah_woman

Postby cheetah_woman » Tue Aug 29, 2006 3:34 pm

Paco wrote:I've heard that music before, where's it from...Star Wars??

2 best "overheard at the Nazi rally" lines:
1) Some shirtless guy about 22, "Hey Nazi's, why don't you kill yourself like Hitler did!

2) Mother, father, son & girlfriend from out of town, maybe out of country: "It's a shame the first time you come here, this has to be happening."

Nice to see the operations guys gave them the shittiest sound system in the midwest.

"Ride of the Valkyries" is from a Wagner opera, I'm not sure which one, but Hitler was a huge Wagner fan and Wagner himself was a huge antisemite. ROTV was never used in Star Wars, but it was used in Apocalypse Now, which was directed by George Lucas' pal Francis Ford Coppola. Interestingly, the Empire in Star Wars was based partly on Nazi Germany, and Darth Vader's helmet design was based on the helmets worn by the SS.

nicknice

Postby nicknice » Tue Aug 29, 2006 10:39 pm

dtray2064 wrote:
And thanks a lot, Nick Nice-- the 4 or 5 protestors who were arrested were apprehended for throwing tomatos.

No way! Really? Anyone get any photos of it? Would be a nice cd cover.
;)

What is the fine for throwing a tomato at a Nazi anyway?

BobArctor
Forum God/Goddess

Postby BobArctor » Tue Aug 29, 2006 11:37 pm

nicknice wrote: What is the fine for throwing a tomato at a Nazi anyway?

Probably about ninty bucks for a disorderly ticket and you get free drinks all over town for a month.

SidSeven

nazis

Postby SidSeven » Wed Aug 30, 2006 4:48 am

Ignore them.
Ignore them completely.
Ignore them utterly.
Ignore the presence of them.
Ignore the wisp of the idea that they even exist.
Ignore their parents.
Ignore their friends.
Ignore the possibility that they exist.
Ignore them.

They convert no one with thier rallies.
They exist for confrontation.
Don't give it to them.

Funny that a black-hole ideology is promoted by mostly skinny-white-punks whose primary fear is to accidently get a tan...

Who approved thier permit?

bmasel
Forum God/Goddess

Re: nazis

Postby bmasel » Wed Aug 30, 2006 6:15 am

SidSeven wrote:Who approved thier permit?

Capitol police. the other option was to have a Federal Judge order the issuance of a permit, and pay the ACLU attorneys.

spacecase
Forum Addict

Postby spacecase » Wed Aug 30, 2006 5:30 pm

nickled&dimed wrote:really what would they hate the most? some sort of gay-pride-multiracial-black-men-who-love-white-women parade.

in fact, make bumper stickers that say "my honor student is dating a black man", and stick them on their cars.

ROFLMAO!!!

Subversive!

spacecase
Forum Addict

Postby spacecase » Wed Aug 30, 2006 5:33 pm

nicknice wrote:C'mon it's just tomatoes! It'll be loads of fun. No one's going to get hurt, they'll just have their pride & clothes damaged. A little humor is much needed around here. Humor will defeat hatred! You have to admit the sight of a bunch of Nazis getting pelted by Tomatoes would be a good laugh.
:P

Seems like such a waste of tomatoes. Is there a citywide shortage of dog poo? I'm kidding.

kurt_w
Forum God/Goddess

Postby kurt_w » Thu Aug 31, 2006 8:33 am

cheetah_woman wrote:"Ride of the Valkyries" is from a Wagner opera, I'm not sure which one, but Hitler was a huge Wagner fan and Wagner himself was a huge antisemite.

Die Walküre (Act III).

Yes, Wagner was an anti-semite (see his 1850 essay, "Das Judenthum in der Musik", and also "Deutsche Kunst und Deutsche Politik"). On the other hand, my recollection is that later in life he retracted some of his earlier comments.

On the third hand [huh?], several of Wagner's descendents closely associated with prominent Nazis. In his recent book "Twilight of the Wagners", Gottfried Wagner lashes out at his relatives for their closeness to Hitler before and during the war. Gottfried accuses at least one elderly relative of continuing to reminisce positively about her "friendship" with Nazi leaders after the war. On the fourth hand [hey, we're halfway to an octopus here...] it's pretty clear that TOTW is laden with a lot of personal grudges, and Gottfried doesn't come across as even remotely objective in his views of the family.

For many years, Israel had an unofficial ban on the performance of Wagner's music. There's a fairly good essay about the evolution of Jewish perceptions of Wagner's music here. (I'm not sure about some of the allegations made about other composers in the essay -- it refers to Carl Orff as a Nazi party member, but is that correct? I don't think there's any evidence one way or the other. Orff was a personal friend of Karl Huber, who was executed in 1943 for his activities in the anti-Nazi group "Die Weiße Rose", but Orff's claims to be part of Huber's group don't seem to hold up.)

Return to “Headlines”