Tomato the Nazis...

If it's news, but not politics, then it goes here.

Should the Nazis be welcomed with a barrage of locally grown Tomatoes?

Yes
58%
No
42%

Total votes: 24

nicknice

Tomato the Nazis...

Postby nicknice » Sun Aug 20, 2006 10:18 pm

What better way to help the Farmers out and show the Nazis that they're not welcome here than by buying lots of locally grown tomatoes and starting a new Madison tradition of Tomato-ing the Nazis? Seems like the perfect non-violent (sort of) way to let our feelings be known and help out with the loss of income that the Farmers will suffer from the early shutdown.

Who's down for an old school Tomato welcome?
The squishier the better obviously.
:)
Last edited by nicknice on Mon Aug 21, 2006 2:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

cute hat
Forum God/Goddess

Postby cute hat » Sun Aug 20, 2006 10:26 pm

Only really disgusting, rotten ones, please.

I'll can the rest and give 'em away.

BobArctor
Forum God/Goddess

Postby BobArctor » Sun Aug 20, 2006 10:32 pm

For losing two hours of business, there might be some incentive on the part of vegetable merchants to give a really good deal to shoppers.

Seem to remember a Klan guy getting nailed by a thrown can of beans years ago at a Chicago rally. Strange.

harrissimo
Forum God/Goddess

Postby harrissimo » Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:06 am

Is there anyway we could have the laws against lynching suspended for a few hours so we could string a couple of these klanshits up? Make an example out of them.

hulk
Forum Addict

Postby hulk » Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:19 am

Like it or not these pieces of crap have as much right to rally or protest or whatever the hell they are trying to do as the rest of us.

Take the good with the bad.

Would you be in favor of pro-war people throwing tomatoes at an anti-war rally? How about at a LGB rally or protest? My guess is no.

Ignore these fools. Do not give them the attention they want!

BobArctor
Forum God/Goddess

Postby BobArctor » Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:36 am

Hulk say not smash. Hulk right.

This is a trick to get otherwise decent folks to act out as poorly as the cultists. Think of it as extreme trolling. Throwing the first punch is assault.

A physical confrontation would be a recruiting booster for the nazis. If we hurt them, twenty disturbed kids from elswhere will join the cult. This conflict must be kept at a symbolic level.

Since they aren't going to be ignored, take control of the focus. We won't stop oppossing their agenda when they leave. The agenda will still be here. The anti-gay marriage bill, the loitering law, and the amazingly racist remarks by the GOP.

No, we can't hurt them physically. That would make us subject to the same sanctions as the scumbags doing downtown muggings.

Keep your focus. We're smarter than that.

nickled&dimed
Forum God/Goddess

Postby nickled&dimed » Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:56 am

really what would they hate the most? some sort of gay-pride-multiracial-black-men-who-love-white-women parade.

in fact, make bumper stickers that say "my honor student is dating a black man", and stick them on their cars.

Peanutbutter
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Peanutbutter » Mon Aug 21, 2006 10:49 am

Openly advocating terrorist attacks is not a bright idea. If one of the Nazis saw & reported these threats, it could be enough to warrent a police investigation.

nickled&dimed
Forum God/Goddess

Postby nickled&dimed » Mon Aug 21, 2006 10:53 am

no- that only happens if the nazi works for the city and is threatened.

unconnected nazis are on their own.

nicknice

Postby nicknice » Mon Aug 21, 2006 10:58 am

C'mon it's just tomatoes! It'll be loads of fun. No one's going to get hurt, they'll just have their pride & clothes damaged. A little humor is much needed around here. Humor will defeat hatred! You have to admit the sight of a bunch of Nazis getting pelted by Tomatoes would be a good laugh.
:P

nickled&dimed
Forum God/Goddess

Postby nickled&dimed » Mon Aug 21, 2006 11:04 am

its the wasted tomatoes. i love tomatoes- especially ones that grew in the sun. how about water balloons? filled with objectionable bodily fluids? then you can call it an art installation/happening and get funding instead of getting arrested.

Bwis53
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Bwis53 » Mon Aug 21, 2006 11:12 am

The best thing would be for them to be ignored, but even as a child of German immigrants, I like the idea, of mocking them with a kick-dance chorus-line of "Spring Time for Hitler" I've gotten to meet folks with numbers on their arms, and I detest Nazis. But these guys are so disgusting, I couldn't get angry enough at them, so I think they should be mocked.

mrak
Forum God/Goddess

Postby mrak » Mon Aug 21, 2006 11:18 am

Bwis53 wrote:I like the idea of mocking them with a kick-dance chorus-line of "Spring Time for Hitler"

Best idea yet!

AmyW
Forum God/Goddess

Postby AmyW » Mon Aug 21, 2006 11:29 am

I'm with ND here.
What did the tomatoes ever do to you people? It seems cruel to throw them at "people" when they could be turned into some really yummy tomato sauce.

nickled&dimed
Forum God/Goddess

Postby nickled&dimed » Mon Aug 21, 2006 11:49 am

how about if we all just paint a greasestick swastika on our respective asses, moon them, and then furiously wipe off the swastikas with toilet paper?

Think of the photo op!!

although i still like the sticker idea best- we can just hand them out to them, with a friendly smile. Then take their picture!

Return to “Headlines”