This home protected by Smith and Wesson

If it's news, but not politics, then it goes here.

How do you protect your home?

Firearms
26%
Baseball Bat
32%
I hope the police will show up
26%
"These fists are a lethal weapon"
16%

Total votes: 19

Chuck_Schick
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Chuck_Schick » Fri Mar 17, 2006 12:38 pm

Ducatista wrote:The best protection is making your house secure and unattractive to intruders.

Which mudduck has already achieved, I believe, by repeatedly mowing the lawn without a shirt.

Heh.

kurt_w
Forum God/Goddess

Postby kurt_w » Fri Mar 17, 2006 12:38 pm

I'm a step ahead of Chuck. I keep a ravenous polar bear in the basement. Let 'im up into the living room when I go to bed at night.

No burglars yet, so it must be working. Kind of wish one would come nosing around, though. I've heard that Ursus maritimuscan charge at up to 40 km per hour for short distances. Given that mine weighs about 1500 pounds, that would be something to see.

Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ned Flanders » Fri Mar 17, 2006 12:41 pm

Anyone has a right to do anything they see fit if someone breaks into their home.

If some of you think you are smart enough to talk it out with a burgler at 3 a.m., all I can say is good luck with that one.

Anyone who feels the need to visit Neddy through a window at 2 a.m. will leave with an "empty" feeling guaranteed.

Paco
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Paco » Fri Mar 17, 2006 12:46 pm

Anyone walks into my house in the dark, they would kill themselves trying to walk the obstacle course some may call a living room, hallway, bedroom. I have the bruised shins to prove it.

I'm a light sleeper when I sleep, I'd hear them and they'd get a Louisville Slugger across the temples. They just better not bleed on my newly painted Tropical blue walls.

Prof. Wagstaff
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Prof. Wagstaff » Fri Mar 17, 2006 12:57 pm

Ned Flanders wrote:Anyone has a right to do anything they see fit if someone breaks into their home.

Except, that is, in America, where the courts have repeatedly ruled that this is not the case. But no surprise that what you know about rights and laws is at its usual, sub-par level.

Dumbbell.

Chuck_Schick
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Chuck_Schick » Fri Mar 17, 2006 12:58 pm

Ned Flanders wrote:Anyone who feels the need to visit Neddy through a window at 2 a.m. will leave with an "empty" feeling guaranteed.

Amazing! That's the very same sensation I get when I leave any one of the threads you start.

Guess you just bore 'em the fuck right out of your dwelling, eh Ned?

jjoyce
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jjoyce » Fri Mar 17, 2006 1:00 pm

It's starting to stink like machismo in here.

I prefer to kill 'em with kindness. Turn on the light, offer up a cold one. "Have a seat, friend. You look stressed. Strung out, even. Take a load off, traveller. Cuppa soup?"

You might find that you've lost an antagonist... and found a friend.

Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ned Flanders » Fri Mar 17, 2006 1:01 pm

Prof. Wagstaff wrote:
Ned Flanders wrote:Anyone has a right to do anything they see fit if someone breaks into their home.

Except, that is, in America, where the courts have repeatedly ruled that this is not the case. But no surprise that what you know about rights and laws is at its usual, sub-par level.

Dumbbell.

You can stand around while you family gets assulted or worse and have you day in court.

I'll deal with the situation at hand and take my chances with the legal system.

I suppose you're one of those fools who walks in front of a speeding dump truck because you have the right of way, right? Because you're part of the "reality based" community, right?

I have to admit that Schick is in a zone today. Must have had his fiber yesterday.

pulsewidth modulation
Forum God/Goddess

Postby pulsewidth modulation » Fri Mar 17, 2006 1:10 pm

No they don't. Links?

Prof. Wagstaff
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Prof. Wagstaff » Fri Mar 17, 2006 1:23 pm

Ned Flanders wrote:I suppose you're one of those fools who walks in front of a speeding dump truck because you have the right of way, right? Because you're part of the "reality based" community, right?

What in blue blazes are you babbling about now?
I said exactly nothing about how I would handle a home invasion, but that doesn't stop you from your usual idiotic flights of fancy.
All I said, you fucking buffoon, was that you were wrong (as usual) in your empasized (no less) assertion that you had the right to do anything to home invaders. That's true ... unless, of course, you're using the word "right" properly. Holy shit, but you're a stupid ape.
Now, kindly fuck off.

Lurdan.

GenieU
Forum God/Goddess

Postby GenieU » Fri Mar 17, 2006 1:32 pm

To all of you would be vigilantes:
Not long ago I got to hear Mary Thurber, the Madison Community Liason Police Officer give her presentation-it was very entertaining and alot of common sense...
During the Q & A someone asked what she thought about the (Since vetoed) concealed carry ammendment.
I forget the exact numbers, but she told us that a high number of officers who shoot someone in Justified circumstances are so disturbed as a result that they are off the force within five years. And these are people who are highly trained in weapons use.
Just something to consider.

P.S. Past locking the doors at night I don't waste a lot of time fretting about our house being broken into, because despite the climate of constant worry and paranoia its statisticly still not all that likely to happen.

buckyor
Forum God/Goddess

Postby buckyor » Fri Mar 17, 2006 1:43 pm

Paco wrote:I have a Bill Parsons autographed bat from Brewers Bat Day circa 1974 under my bed.

I have a Tommy Harper and a Danny Walton.

mrak
Forum God/Goddess

Postby mrak » Fri Mar 17, 2006 1:47 pm

GenieU wrote:P.S. Past locking the doors at night I don't waste a lot of time fretting about our house being broken into, because despite the climate of constant worry and paranoia its statisticly still not all that likely to happen.

Shhhh! Lots of companies make serious money selling fear to homeowners.

Prof. Wagstaff
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Prof. Wagstaff » Fri Mar 17, 2006 1:47 pm

GenieU wrote:Mary Thurber, the Madison Community Liason Police Officer ... told us ...

Duuuude ... don't you know that you totally can't trust cops, man!

Ducatista
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ducatista » Fri Mar 17, 2006 1:52 pm

buckyor wrote:
Paco wrote:I have a Bill Parsons autographed bat from Brewers Bat Day circa 1974 under my bed.

I have a Tommy Harper and a Danny Walton.

So if you break into Paco's house armed with your Walton, who wins?

Return to “Headlines”