RIP GLY?

If it's news, but not politics, then it goes here.

Deep six GLY?

Yes, please make him go away, that buzzing sound is getting annoying
33%
No, I enjoy kicking him, even tho' he keeps coming back for more.
67%

Total votes: 33

hank
Forum Addict

RIP GLY?

Postby hank » Sun Nov 23, 2003 3:43 pm

I don't know about the rest of you but I'm starting to think that getting this GoatLovesYew idiot off the Board isn't such a bad idea after all. If I remember right, Jason was all ready to pull the plug a few months ago but being the "liberals" we are, we said to wait. GoatLovesYew is gonna kick and scream and call us cowards but he's the coward: he posts all these inflammatory statements to bait us then doesn't defend his positions when challanged....because he can't. He's not engaging intelligently, he's basically spamming the board with his neocon spew.

skrattypants
Forum God/Goddess

Postby skrattypants » Sun Nov 23, 2003 6:21 pm

i don't know...sometimes reading gly is the only aerobic exercise i get.

Michael Patrick
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Michael Patrick » Sun Nov 23, 2003 7:14 pm

I ignore him most of the time, and the rest of the time I find replying to his stupid cut-and-paste posts mildly amusing.

snoqueen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby snoqueen » Sun Nov 23, 2003 7:39 pm

Without a few of these guys, the board would be dull and we'd all be more or less talking to ourselves. God brings up plenty of new topics and I get good ideas from the replies, even when I think the original post is crap.

And God's shown his human side once or twice, and he's occasionally even had a sense of humor. I vote keep him.

Seems we offended that other dude (Cotter?) -- he didn't last long (ha, was he surprised). God gets an extra point or two for endurance if nothing else.

I still have no idea what he's trying to accomplish here, but we all might ask the same question of our own selves.

GodLovesYou
Forum Addict

Postby GodLovesYou » Sun Nov 23, 2003 10:25 pm

I love you guys!

snoqueen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby snoqueen » Sun Nov 23, 2003 11:38 pm

God, did you just vote for yourself, you sleaze?? :D

Stuck at FSU

Postby Stuck at FSU » Mon Nov 24, 2003 1:14 am

snoqueen wrote:God, did you just vote for yourself, you sleaze?? :D

But maybe he voted to deep six himself.....................

dalschaef
Forum Addict

GLY's speech is quite offensive and deserves protection

Postby dalschaef » Mon Nov 24, 2003 2:04 pm

hank wrote:I don't know about the rest of you but I'm starting to think that getting this GoatLovesYew idiot off the Board isn't such a bad idea after all. If I remember right, Jason was all ready to pull the plug a few months ago but being the "liberals" we are, we said to wait. GoatLovesYew is gonna kick and scream and call us cowards but he's the coward: he posts all these inflammatory statements to bait us then doesn't defend his positions when challanged....because he can't. He's not engaging intelligently, he's basically spamming the board with his neocon spew.

I disagree. No one is more disgusted than I am with GLY's viewpoint, and that is why I think it is absolutely vital that he/she be allowed to do his/her neo-con bit as often as it pleases. I also feel rather bad for having responded to a recent post from GLY in an excessively vitriolic way. It's occured to me since that I shouldn't have written to a child with such anger.

I'm speaking seriously here - GLY's syntax, spelling and style strike me as that of a pre-pubescent or adolescent. I also have no problem with kids and teens under 18 posting to this forum, as long as their folks are ok with it.

eratik
Forum Addict
Location: Like kinda by the East Side, but not really on the East Side

Postby eratik » Wed Dec 17, 2003 8:57 pm

Sorry to disagree (and to bring this back) but YouAreDumb adds absolutely no content. I think anyone who participates in this board legitimately expressing opinions is disserved by his clearly bad faith postings.

m_venk
Forum Addict

Postby m_venk » Wed Dec 17, 2003 9:34 pm

snoqueen wrote:Without a few of these guys, the board would be dull and we'd all be more or less talking to ourselves.

I agree with you completely. However, please remember that I'm still not disagreeing in the least when I say that talking to GLY actually IS a lot like talking to ourselves, or the wall, half the time.

He's persistant, as proven by his frequent posts. But he's got no balls, as proven by his lack of follow through. Schauvenist that he is, he refused to enter into a good faith marksmanship contest with a few female posters, maybe because the price of failure had something to do with a cucumber, lol.

I don't know, I've actually been looking for online places with MORE assholes like him to scrap it out with, maybe some who actually believe in starting, continuing and FINISHING an argument. Haven't had any luck, though. I've seen a lot of forums with similar formats but checking the pages I see that the most recent posts are from a month ago half the time.

So, I don't vote that he should leave, but I do vote that he should have to be a little more accountable if possible.

admin
Forum Addict

Postby admin » Wed Dec 17, 2003 10:34 pm

We 86'd him, but it ultimately had nothing to do with his views, but more about how he tried to make them. Everybody should know by now that it's not okay to reprint material without attribution and the guy only did it a few dozen times. I also warned him a long time ago about baiting and he came around for a short while. Lately, however, it's been worse than ever and he's really not here to engage anyone in conversation. Finally, when he just posted lies accompanied by this "your kind" rhetoric, I just got sick of it and did the deed.

That said, so many people here were playing directly into the guy's hand that I still half suspect he was just having some odd fun with the board. It was pretty comical how, regardless of how idiotic his posts and how moronically presented, he still managed to get angry responses. Every single time. The misspellings in his posts often seemed clearly planned (not your typical typos) and his points were lifted directly from the neo-con message boards and websites. But the discussions he engaged were often as misguided as his thread starter.

Steve Vokers
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Steve Vokers » Thu Dec 18, 2003 6:56 am

Are you gonna deep six his YourBuddy handle as well? It's gotta be the same person behind both logons...

swifty

Postby swifty » Thu Dec 18, 2003 10:22 am

Come on people, this is America. I can't even believe this is up for debate. GLY is pretty tame compared to some of the stuff I've seen on other boards.

But this is Madison, land of thought crime and speech codes...

Ya gotta let the freaks talk. 'Course, this may be a tad self-interested... :wink:

shoeless
Forum God/Goddess

Postby shoeless » Thu Dec 18, 2003 10:25 am

GLY misquotes me and then uses the misquote to call me a liar. However, if dishonesty were a criterion for removing the wingnuts from this forum, they would all have to go. Even dishonorable, unethical people should be allowed to express themselves.

swifty

Postby swifty » Thu Dec 18, 2003 10:33 am

m_venk wrote:

I don't know, I've actually been looking for online places with MORE assholes like him to scrap it out with, maybe some who actually believe in starting, continuing and FINISHING an argument. Haven't had any luck, though.

I am on another board with a pretty active politics forum. The right wingers (the vast majority of posters, lots of ex-military, cops, and the like) there can't follow through either.

"Debate" is not for the most part in their lexicon it seems. They can't for the life of them maintain the thread of an argument, and absolutely refuse to directly respond to questions. It's all party line claptrap, and it always degenerates into name-calling and trash talk when non-sheep show up. But good luck to you.

BTW, it's "chauvinist".... be careful around here, the spelling police are watching...
Last edited by swifty on Thu Dec 18, 2003 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Headlines”