Do You Remember How To Drive in Snow (and Ice)?

What are the things that puzzle, enrage, delight and tickle you as you go about your life in Madison?

Do You Remember How To Drive in Snow?

Yup.
47%
Nope.
2%
Yeah, I do, but everyone else seems to have forgotten!
44%
Never done it before, but how hard can it be?
2%
Aaiiiieeeeee!
4%

Total votes: 45

mrak
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Russell's Rules of House Buying

Postby mrak » Thu Jan 06, 2005 4:55 pm

auntgoodness wrote:
Richard S. Russell wrote:� � � � (E) When you get a car crash on your corner, they'll track bloody footprints on your carpeting on the way to use your phone.

Whoa bro. You're kinda freaking me out. Still, some good points there.

Don't worry. Cell phones have reduced this concern significantly!

lonesomejohnny
Forum God/Goddess

Postby lonesomejohnny » Fri Jan 07, 2005 8:32 pm

Doughnuts.

That is all :D

Dulouz
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Dulouz » Sun Feb 19, 2006 1:08 am

bump for the new snow and cold.

lonesomejohnny
Forum God/Goddess

Postby lonesomejohnny » Sun Feb 19, 2006 4:35 pm

WestSideYuppie
Forum God/Goddess

Postby WestSideYuppie » Sun Feb 19, 2006 5:40 pm

roadkill bill wrote:People with 4WD seem to miss the obvious:
4WD helps you get the vehicle moving.
It doesn't help you stop.
Or steer.

Or know how to drive.

mystery47
Forum Addict

Postby mystery47 » Sun Feb 19, 2006 8:29 pm

My last good snow vehicle:Image How I miss you, Archie!

snoqueen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby snoqueen » Mon Feb 20, 2006 1:48 pm

Awww... made in Kenosha, yet. I never saw one of those old birds that wasn't brown or Harvest Gold.

I'd post a photo of my old Honda if I could. That little guy wasn't bad in the snow either.

We could turn this into a My Favorite Old Car thread.

mystery47
Forum Addict

Postby mystery47 » Mon Feb 20, 2006 5:31 pm

snoqueen wrote:Awww... made in Kenosha, yet. I never saw one of those old birds that wasn't brown or Harvest Gold.

I'd post a photo of my old Honda if I could. That little guy wasn't bad in the snow either.

We could turn this into a My Favorite Old Car thread.

Archie the Eagle, definately my favorite old car. Bought him for $1,000 and he drove me for 2 years. He smelled like worn leather and had awesome bench seats that I never see ever now. Some kid ran into the back of him going about 15 miles per hour or so. Not a scratch on me, but the kid's parents car was trashed. I have seen him in blue, but mine was brown. Bit the dust after flooding. I donated him in case any handier-person-than-me could fix him up or use him to keep another Eagle going.

jjoyce
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jjoyce » Wed Feb 22, 2006 11:04 am

snoqueen wrote:We could turn this into a My Favorite Old Car thread.

The last time I drove my old Honda Civic hatchback (3-door) was just after a blizzard in early 1999. That little car was able to traverse all kinds of chunky downtown snow-ice during the years I lived on streets that don't get plowed curb-to-curb. I was fearless about parking that thing, mainly because it fit anywhere and I could pretty much push it out of trouble myself. I could also slippy-slide it on the side streets, making it feel like the General Lee in winter months.

It was the kind that had a flat back end on it and I had a HUGE Bucky Badger sticker on the window so that every time I looked in the rearview mirror, Bucky would wink back at me. Duct tape held the trim on and it had dual exhaust pipes, for some reason. At one point, the radio and heater were both busted, so I would offer my date a blanket and the boombox to make her ride more comfortable.

lonesomejohnny
Forum God/Goddess

Postby lonesomejohnny » Wed Feb 22, 2006 3:46 pm

jjoyce wrote:At one point, the radio and heater were both busted, so I would offer my date a blanket and the boombox to make her ride more comfortable.

And they say chivalry is dead around here!

My old S-10 had more rust than sheetmetal later on. The exhaust that remained merely dragged on the road, and every time I used the engine to brake (always) it emitted a pleasant chain of soft pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop backfires that mildly frightened pedestrians in crosswalks. Every winter one of the rear tires would go flat and I'd have to put on the completely bald spare and spin my way around town.

The UFOs had a show during a snowstorm and I had to drive from butler st down gorham, and I spun all the way up the hill, only to realize that Regnad's bass amp had fallen out the open tailgate halfway up.

teddymanny

Civic Wagon AWD

Postby teddymanny » Fri Feb 24, 2006 10:29 am

1989 model year. Bought it well used and had it until December.
When the new clutch is worth more than the car and the rear wheel wells are beginning to flap in the wind, you rethink your attachment. But it was a great snow car.
That thing never got stuck, and it was fun to drive.

Return to “Town Vibe”