Epic OT lawsuit

What are the things that puzzle, enrage, delight and tickle you as you go about your life in Madison?
Mad Howler
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 1779
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:36 pm
Location: Wisconsin

Re: Epic OT lawsuit

Postby Mad Howler » Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:35 am

GOD bless these workers at Epic Systems.
It must be a yeomen's work!
Obviously, there is very serious money at stake here.
I received ridicule a while back about relating my own at will status.
The thing is, I have believed in taking a 40 hour work week to a 70 or 80 hr cause.
I have spent many hours overboard, ya know 'equity stake'.
This has proved tricky, if not false.
The younglings should go for a 'surer' shot, while it is still an option:
http://www.salon.com/2013/12/09/nsa_see ... ung_as_15/

nutria
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 862
Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2004 9:53 am

Re: Epic OT lawsuit

Postby nutria » Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:40 am

narcoleptish wrote:Image



Ahem.

Beaver
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 2908
Joined: Fri May 04, 2001 9:57 am
Location: Building a dam in the river
Contact:

Re: Epic OT lawsuit

Postby Beaver » Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:33 pm

Stebben84 wrote:"An" epic employee. That's a dumb thing to bring up. What does that actually have to do with the company? Is every sexual offender a product of their workplace?

That's a dumb post. "An" epic employee raped or assaulted 8 women, six of whom he met at Epic. It does indeed make the company look bad. He is not a product of his workplace but it sure gives it a black eye.

Stebben84
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 6073
Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2006 12:59 pm
Contact:

Re: Epic OT lawsuit

Postby Stebben84 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:01 pm

Does every workplace that has a convicted sex offender get a black eye? Honest answer.

gargantua
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 5063
Joined: Sat Apr 13, 2002 1:30 pm
Location: Madison

Re: Epic OT lawsuit

Postby gargantua » Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:35 pm

Well, Stebben, prisons don't fare well in your survey.
I knew a middle-aged, now former, Epic employee. Based on that experience, they need to worry a lot more about an age discrimination lawsuit.
Hint: An "Epic Person" is young, and malleable. Too bad for my 40-plus year old friend. Hopefully soon to be too bad for easily demonstrable age-discriminating Epic as well. They don't even try to hide it.

Mad Howler
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 1779
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:36 pm
Location: Wisconsin

Re: Epic OT lawsuit

Postby Mad Howler » Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:20 am

I have witnessed this play out.
It seems that we are taught to accept the inevitability of ageism,
Even if it happens to family (cause it is legal).
Who do YOU think wrote these rules?

Bastards like this perhaps:
http://www.salon.com/2013/12/10/ayn_ran ... e_partner/

I found this little bit of the piece worthy of more attention:
Slowly but surely, Ayn Rand’s economic theories are being discarded because they simply don’t add up in the real world. Even Rand acolyte Paul Ryan (R-Wis) is now distancing himself, calling his well-documented enthusiasm an “urban legend.”


I grow weary of corporatists who bleed 'blue'.
It is a tough world.
Acolytes of Ms. Rand intentionally disregard OUR power and make things exponentially/needlessly more difficult.

Beaver
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 2908
Joined: Fri May 04, 2001 9:57 am
Location: Building a dam in the river
Contact:

Re: Epic OT lawsuit

Postby Beaver » Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:54 pm

Stebben84 wrote:Does every workplace that has a convicted sex offender get a black eye? Honest answer.

I'd say most places do. But the rapists I hear of seem like they are usually unemployed or working in a menial job. It's so surprising to me that a project mngr at a software company would do this. I don't recall ever hearing of a rapist who worked at other prominent Madison employers like UW, Meriter, American Family, CUNA, DOT, etc., unless they were a janitor or something.

Stebben84
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 6073
Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2006 12:59 pm
Contact:

Re: Epic OT lawsuit

Postby Stebben84 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:14 pm

Google that and include date rape and state/federal employees. It's the perpetrators not the employers. Why are employers responsible for this. I'm confused about that. It's a sick problem, but I don't see how it's a product of their work environment.

snoqueen
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 12940
Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2003 11:42 pm

Re: Epic OT lawsuit

Postby snoqueen » Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:16 pm

Beaver wrote: I don't recall ever hearing of a rapist who worked at other prominent Madison employers like UW, Meriter, American Family, CUNA, DOT, etc., unless they were a janitor or something.


Somehow I find this comment a little weird. I'm not going to spend a couple hours doing the research, but there have to be cases where somebody at, say, UW and in a professional a level position got accused of serious sexual misconduct. Perhaps it got called harassment and was handled quietly as a personnel matter. Maybe they hired better lawyers and managed to keep the whole thing off the front page. But the level of a person's employment doesn't define their character or propensity for criminality.

narcoleptish
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 3791
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2005 1:35 am

Re: Epic OT lawsuit

Postby narcoleptish » Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:59 am

So Beaver, how far back does your mental inventory of Madison rapists and their chosen occupations go? Are you keeping track of child molesters and their preferred vehicles too?

Maybe you should discuss this with a professional. An analrapist perhaps.

Stebben84
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 6073
Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2006 12:59 pm
Contact:

Re: Epic OT lawsuit

Postby Stebben84 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:39 am

Beaver wrote:unless they were a janitor or something.


I'll ask the custodians at work today why they're so likely to be a rapist. I'm sure they'll appreciate that.

gargantua
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 5063
Joined: Sat Apr 13, 2002 1:30 pm
Location: Madison

Re: Epic OT lawsuit

Postby gargantua » Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:23 pm

Stebben84 wrote:
Beaver wrote:unless they were a janitor or something.


I'll ask the custodians at work today why they're so likely to be a rapist. I'm sure they'll appreciate that.


Recently an attorney was in the news for a date rape incident in Madison. Of course, once he gets out of prison he'll have to find work as a janitor.

See how that works?

Beaver
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 2908
Joined: Fri May 04, 2001 9:57 am
Location: Building a dam in the river
Contact:

Re: Epic OT lawsuit

Postby Beaver » Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:24 pm

Stebben84 wrote:Google that and include date rape and state/federal employees. It's the perpetrators not the employers. Why are employers responsible for this. I'm confused about that. It's a sick problem, but I don't see how it's a product of their work environment.

As I said, their employers aren't responsible but it gives the employer a bad image. So you are saying state/federal employees have a high date rape problem? I find that more offensive and unlikely true than anything I said about janitors.

snoqueen wrote:But the level of a person's employment doesn't define their character or propensity for criminality.
So you think high income, middle class, and low income people all have similar rate of serious violent crime like rape? I'm not going to bother looking for data or links to support this, but I would bet good money most rapists, and criminals in general, come from low income jobs.

gargantua wrote:Recently an attorney was in the news for a date rape incident in Madison. Of course, once he gets out of prison he'll have to find work as a janitor. See how that works?
I didn't hear about the rapist attorney in the news. Can you give any details or link about it? Where does he work?

Francis Di Domizio
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 3458
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:11 pm
Location: Milwaukee, WI

Re: Epic OT lawsuit

Postby Francis Di Domizio » Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:38 pm

Beaver wrote:So you think high income, middle class, and low income people all have similar rate of serious violent crime like rape? I'm not going to bother looking for data or links to support this, but I would bet good money most rapists, and criminals in general, come from low income jobs.


Ignoring other crimes since we are talking about a specific crime, how much are you willing to bet that most rapist come from low income jobs?

Stebben84
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 6073
Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2006 12:59 pm
Contact:

Re: Epic OT lawsuit

Postby Stebben84 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 5:09 pm

Beaver wrote:I'm not going to bother looking for data or links to support this, but I would bet good money most rapists, and criminals in general, come from low income jobs.


You're not going to bother to get any facts straight and just spew a bunch of bullshit.
Beaver wrote:So you are saying state/federal employees have a high date rape problem? I find that more offensive and unlikely true than anything I said about janitors.


No dipshit, I'm saying that people of all incomes and backgrounds commit sexual assault. You have no clue what you're talking about and just keep making shit up. You're worse than most of the conservatives on here.


Return to “Town Vibe”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests