Wilson st. project controversy

What are the things that puzzle, enrage, delight and tickle you as you go about your life in Madison?
Ninja
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Wilson st. project controversy

Postby Ninja » Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:29 pm

rabble wrote:Oh, drat. I was remotely critical of Ninja and he's punishing me for it. When will I learn it's not allowed?

Yes, Madison is certainly having some definite trouble with race issues. Therefore Ninja should be able to criticize everything about Madison and not be criticized himself.

I don't see where you were critical of me and I'm not trying to punish you by challenging your delusions. I'm always receptive to legitimate criticism (protip: calling me names like Perry Mason and Ninjy, or making up silly stories about me do not qualify as legitimate criticism).

Institutional bigotry and bad government tend to go together, and they tend to require a community thats supportive of bigotry and bad government, or a community that's indifferent at the very least. That's what you have here, and that's why these glaring problems continue to get worse and worse.

It's stunning that even something as innocuous as a comment about Madison not being particularly urban can evoke that knee-jerk defensive response. It's like the parents who, when their precious little snowflakes get dragged to the principal's office or the police station, immediately go balistic and blame the entire situaiton on bias, or conspiracy, or unfair expectations, or whatever they can as long as they don't have to admit that their kid is a fuck up. That's a horrible, selfish, cowardly way to take care of a child or a community.

Threadjack over.

Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Wilson st. project controversy

Postby Henry Vilas » Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:34 pm

Ninja wrote:Threadjack over.

Promise?

Return to “Town Vibe”