Why does Rickert even bother?

What are the things that puzzle, enrage, delight and tickle you as you go about your life in Madison?
Stu Levitan
Forum God/Goddess

Why does Rickert even bother?

Postby Stu Levitan » Thu May 16, 2013 10:27 am

Read today's mushy column on Ald. Rummel's proposal to let neighbors paint designs on low-traffic streets, then see if you can figure out whether he agrees or disagrees with the ban on political designs. Really, Chris, you're a columnist -- if you don't know what you think about a topic, maybe you shouldn't write about it, eh? (I do love, though, the reference to "my 'hood." That Chris Rickert, keepin' it real!)

Kyle Motor
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Why does Rickert even bother?

Postby Kyle Motor » Thu May 16, 2013 10:37 am

Nobody cares what you think.

david cohen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby david cohen » Thu May 16, 2013 12:51 pm

I have pity on Chris Rickert. I do wonder, though, why the State Journal bothers with a poor general assignment reporter-turned even poorer columnist. Cut his ass loose and bring back some of the better comic strips!

scratch
Forum God/Goddess

Postby scratch » Thu May 16, 2013 3:05 pm

david cohen wrote:Cut his ass loose and bring back some of the better comic strips!

Chris Rickert vs. Zippy the Pinhead. I know which side I'm on.

gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gargantua » Thu May 16, 2013 9:17 pm

Kyle Motor wrote:Nobody cares what you think.

You know, it's just possible that you might not be speaking for everybody. Are you sticking up for Rickert or is this just a problem you have with Mr. Levitan?

I feel that way about some Forons, but I deal with it by not engaging them as opposed to nasty rudeness. At least your comment was succinct.

Kyle Motor
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Kyle Motor » Fri May 17, 2013 9:38 am

gargantua wrote:
Kyle Motor wrote:Nobody cares what you think.

You know, it's just possible that you might not be speaking for everybody. Are you sticking up for Rickert or is this just a problem you have with Mr. Levitan?

I feel that way about some Forons, but I deal with it by not engaging them as opposed to nasty rudeness. At least your comment was succinct.

I've seen Stu prattle on about this guy before. I haven't read Rickert. I usually find Stu's prose pedantic, so it's funny to me when he rips on another writer. Basically, I felt like trolling, and I stand by my claim.

gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gargantua » Fri May 17, 2013 9:48 am

Fair enough.

As for not reading Rickert....I can't say you're missing anything much. I read with kind of a "now what?" attitude. He's such an easy target that complaining about him isn't even fun anymore.

I'd prefer to see reruns of the old Cul-de-Sac comic strip. Oh, to see those wacky kids and the Uh-oh Baby again!

Return to “Town Vibe”