Middleton Good Neighbor festival Aug 26-28

What are the things that puzzle, enrage, delight and tickle you as you go about your life in Madison?
Beaver
Forum God/Goddess

Middleton Good Neighbor festival Aug 26-28

Postby Beaver » Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:41 pm

Mister_A_In_Madison
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Middleton Good Neighbor festival Aug 26-28

Postby Mister_A_In_Madison » Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:40 pm

Talk about an event with an ironic name...

This year's version required me to pretty much drive around the entire city since they bothered to inform their neighbors only when there was no other option but to take a detour. There was no indication of why the detour was there, where one could access side streets, etc.

I'm not sure some of their resident businesses were feeling the love either.

fennel
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fennel » Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:08 pm

Mister_A_In_Madison wrote:Talk about an event with an ironic name...
Ditto. I never imagined driving to the Willy West Coop would be such a nerve-wracking odyssey, especially on a Sunday morning.

Beaver
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Beaver » Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:58 pm

Haven't you noticed the Festival signs the last week or two? Are you new to Middleton do didn't know roads would close?

But I agree the name is ironic since there were so many dangerous drivers not being good neighbors. I almost got hit twice walking to the festival.

Lily
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Lily » Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:10 pm

I attended on Saturday and found a good parking spot not far from the fest. Lots of great craft vendors and although the food is expensive you have to remember it is a fundraiser. Went back with friends on Sunday to hear some live music and re-review the art vendors. Some nice artwork and I found prices very reasonable. Sunday had the parade so next time check the event schedule ahead of time for road closings. Yes, it is confusing.

Mister_A_In_Madison
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Mister_A_In_Madison » Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:46 pm

Actually, I was out of town the week prior (and was also headed to Willy West, btw).

Essentially, I couldn't get close enough to see any signs... just squad cars blocking off traffic and a very minimal amount of road closed signs (yes, I'm looking at you Parmenter St.).

If I'd known about it (like Ride the Drive, for example), I'd definitely have trekked to Willy East.

Return to “Town Vibe”