New in town, need a Dentist

What are the things that puzzle, enrage, delight and tickle you as you go about your life in Madison?
paudi

New in town, need a Dentist

Postby paudi » Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:18 pm

Hi,

I just moved to Madison and I need a Dentist. Unfortunately the names suggested in older posts are not in my insurance's network (Delta Dental of Colorado). Does anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks in advance,

Paula

Archipants
Forum Addict

Re: New in town, need a Dentist

Postby Archipants » Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:50 pm

I go to Midwest Dental on University Avenue... no complaints yet. I believe Delta Dental has them in their network - or at least they used to.

http://www.midwest-dental.com/locations/dental-centers/madison-university-wi/

paudi

Postby paudi » Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:36 pm

Thank you!

Yes, they are listed in Delta Dental's network but when I went to locate them in Google maps I saw that the last three reviews were not exactly nice. I'm glad to hear you had a good experience with them, maybe I'll try them.

clyde

Postby clyde » Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:57 pm

I recommend Lakeview:
http://www.madisonlakeview.com/home

I believe they take Delta Dental.

Twofer4
Forum Addict

Postby Twofer4 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:03 pm

First Choice Dental is worth considering. They take Delta Dental and have several locations in the area.

okiebp

Postby okiebp » Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:33 pm

Twofer4 wrote:First Choice Dental is worth considering. They take Delta Dental and have several locations in the area.

First Choice Dental is EXPENSIVE though.

mayact4
Forum Addict

Postby mayact4 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:23 pm

I don't know where you live, but Dentistry by Design (Dr. Leland Judd) in McFarland is great, and accepts Delta Dental.

Jeribelle
Forum Addict

Postby Jeribelle » Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:48 pm

I like First Choice, especially Dr. Haag and Dr. Cotey.

They are more expensive, but that's because their dentistry has advanced past 1967.

cloudy
Forum Addict

Postby cloudy » Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:02 pm

First Choice Dental is expensive because they're in the business of selling unneeded procedures and trying to impress you with their equipment. Do you really need to watch on the intraoral camera? Do you really need a filling before you even have a cavity? Their hucksterism is ridiculous.

Twofer4
Forum Addict

Postby Twofer4 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:00 am

cloudy wrote:First Choice Dental is expensive because they're in the business of selling unneeded procedures and trying to impress you with their equipment. Do you really need to watch on the intraoral camera? Do you really need a filling before you even have a cavity? Their hucksterism is ridiculous.

Newsflash: ALL service oriented professions do this, especially any involving health care. What rock have you been living under?

Delta Dental claims that First Choice's rates are "in line" with the Dane County area. In any case, my mouth is worth it.

paudi

Postby paudi » Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:31 pm

Thank you for all the suggestions.
First Choice is not in my network, unfortunately they are only on the Delta Dental Premier plan and I have the PPO plan. Thanks anyway!

Athena
Forum Addict

Postby Athena » Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:37 pm

I go to Affiliated Dentists on Odana. They've got a really nice setup with TVs in all the rooms and big windows that let lots of light in. And yeah, the dentistry is good there too. They've fixed a couple of cavities for me and always kept me well informed about what they're doing and why.

cloudy
Forum Addict

Postby cloudy » Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:14 pm

Twofer4 wrote:Newsflash: ALL service oriented professions do this, especially any involving health care. What rock have you been living under?

bulllshit. good healthcare professionals don't resort to salesmanship in the office.

fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fisticuffs » Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:31 pm

I go to Dr. Kellogg in Oregon. His gear is straight outta 1978. He's awesome and cheap and doesn't try to sell you unneeded procedures. Some of these guys in Madison absolutely will take you for a ride. Whatever ethics are involved in regular medicine (or least are supposed to be) certainly aren't required of dentists.

greeneyedlady

Postby greeneyedlady » Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:52 pm

I go to Andler Dental on the far west side. Dr. Andler is awesome--a very nice guy and very skilled.

Return to “Town Vibe”