Where in Madison can I get NEW YORK style pizza?

What are the things that puzzle, enrage, delight and tickle you as you go about your life in Madison?
Taco
Forum Addict

Re: Where in Madison can I get NEW YORK style pizza?

Postby Taco » Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:36 pm

fisticuffs wrote:
Taco is Sheppy...This character is pretty lame but I do love Taco and SNOW.

You gotta let this Sheppy thing go, amigo. We can't ALL be sheppy and I'd like to think that my zesty clarity and unique flavor prove that I am my own man. Er, Taco.

Taco
Forum Addict

Postby Taco » Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:37 pm

gargantua wrote:Taco is awesome. It doesn't hurt that I like tacos anyway. Taco is fresh and to the point, just like a good real taco should be.

I am weeping cheesy tears while reading this.

wallrock
Forum God/Goddess

Postby wallrock » Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:44 pm

Taco wrote:
gargantua wrote:Taco is awesome. It doesn't hurt that I like tacos anyway. Taco is fresh and to the point, just like a good real taco should be.

I am weeping cheesy tears while reading this.

Speaking of good real tacos, I had a trio for lunch today. The chorizo was muy delicioso. No cheese though, not ever. I'm a cilantro and onion kind of guy.

WestSideYuppie
Forum God/Goddess

Postby WestSideYuppie » Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:09 pm

TimeMasterFlex wrote:I have recently been forced to move to Madison due to my employer, and I am already really missing my New York Style pizza.

Forced? You're in the army? In prison?

What's New York Style pizza?

I have the option of ordering a full pie via overnight express airmail, where the pizza is put in dry ice and delivered to my door. I do not want to do that, as it is expensive, and I would rather find a local pizzeria owned by REAL Italians that serve REAL New York Style pizza.

Supply and demand. If it's valuable to you, then pay the price.

I urgently need help

Indeed.

... because I fear my temporary move to this place might turn out to be a more long term deal, and that would be tragic due to the apparent lack of New York Style pizza available in this small college town!

Out here in the world, we learn to survive on what we can find at our disposal.

Here's what doesn't make sense about your posts. You're too delicate and precious to survive in Madison. That's understandable. It may be genetic. But you also seem to be too delicate and precious to survive in NYC, which is why it's not believable that you're from there. My mom spent part of her childhood in NYC, when she wasn't homeless, and if anything it made her more capable of adapting to the conditions of the Midwest, not less so.

cattyrood

Postby cattyrood » Sat Dec 18, 2010 2:59 pm

WSY - I've missed your humour! Have a great weekend and happy holidays - cattyr.

CoffeeJones

Postby CoffeeJones » Sat Dec 18, 2010 5:06 pm

WSY, I thought your post was spot on, except I can believe that that he is from NYC, simply because he embodies the nearly stereotypical attitudes evidenced by so many residents of NYC who are "forced" to live in this benighted, backward and "quaint" little town we call home. I have never met anyone so sheltered and parochial as New Yorkers who, for whatever circumstances, are living outside of NYC against their will. Not all New Yorkers are this way, but it seems that many are. They are welcome to leave, in my opinion.

Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Sat Dec 18, 2010 5:28 pm

He claims to be from NYC, but complained about Wisconsin's lack of a concealed carry law. I soon as he posted that, I knew he was a parody.

You can't even possess a hand gun in the Big Apple. Ask Plaxico Burress if you doubt me.

CoffeeJones

Postby CoffeeJones » Sat Dec 18, 2010 5:42 pm

Henry Vilas wrote:He claims to be from NYC, but complained about Wisconsin's lack of a concealed carry law. I soon as he posted that, I knew he was a parody.

You can't even possess a hand gun in the Big Apple. Ask Plaxico Burress if you doubt me.

Good point.

Average Joe
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Average Joe » Sat Dec 18, 2010 5:48 pm

The clown nose should have been the first tip-off.

WestSideYuppie
Forum God/Goddess

Postby WestSideYuppie » Sat Dec 18, 2010 7:09 pm

My money's on Arlington, Texas. It just seems like a good place to be from New York from.

Return to “Town Vibe”