Where in Madison can I get NEW YORK style pizza?

What are the things that puzzle, enrage, delight and tickle you as you go about your life in Madison?
holyghost

Re: Where in Madison can I get NEW YORK style pizza?

Postby holyghost » Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:23 pm

kurt_w wrote:This guy might be able to develop something approaching Sheppy's style, but he needs more practice. If you look at the six posts by TMF, there's no consistent "voice" and there's a lack of subtlety that you'd expect from someone who's still feeling his way around this "trolling" thing.

On a scale of 1 to 10 sheppys, I'd give this guy maybe 3 or 4 sheppys. The actual Sheppy gets 7 or 8. The kid running for mayor gets 10 (that thread was more sheppy than the real Sheppy).

Would someone mind explaining who Sheppy is?

I don't know if it's NYC style pizza, but I'm dying to try this place in Milton:

http://gazettextra.com/news/2010/nov/19/mom-and-pop-pizza-shop-milton-named-among-tops-sta/

It won some kind of award.

gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gargantua » Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:00 pm

I would be interested in Taco's position on taco pizzas. I suspect he would oppose such unions, as would our new Lt. Governor-elect.

MadMind75
Forum Addict

Postby MadMind75 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:34 am

Pizza Wars
I think we need a 99c pizza place. "Not the best, not the worst."

TimeMasterFlex

Postby TimeMasterFlex » Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:34 am

To the persons attacking me - no amount of attacks against me will reverse the fact that Wisconsin is now fully a Republican state.

I know your anger is misdirected and trust me, coming from New York City your meager attacks mean nothing.

Now excuse me as I copy and paste this into the other threads I have been attacked on. Why copy and paste this? Frankly, your attacks are not worth the calories I would need to expend to write a custom reply in each thread I was attacked in.

kurt_w
Forum God/Goddess

Postby kurt_w » Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:11 am

fisticuffs wrote:Is Sheppy and TMF in the same thread just a ploy to throw us off the Sheppy-scent? I'm upping my probability to 60%. So more likely than not.

Please. If this is Sheppy, it's just another sign of how the quality of everything gets worse over time. The original Sheppy wouldn't have turned in this kind of shoddy work product.

kurt_w
Forum God/Goddess

Postby kurt_w » Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:15 am

Kind of like pizza, come to think of it. Pizza also ain't just what it used to be.

Où sont les pizzas d'antan?

Taco
Forum Addict

Postby Taco » Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:40 am

gargantua wrote:I would be interested in Taco's position on taco pizzas. I suspect he would oppose such unions, as would our new Lt. Governor-elect.

I embrace taco pizza with an open heart. That poor, poor pizza didn't choose to be born like that. He or she will have to go through all of life, knowing that the best they can hope for is novelty-status at the Pizza Hut Buffet. I say equal rights for taco pizza.

See how magnanimous I am? Vote Taco! I'll keep these streets so clean, you can eat (tacos) off 'em.

c02
Forum Addict

Postby c02 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:33 am

snoqueen wrote:
c02 wrote:Fancy 'Za works perfectly!

You have seven fingers? On one hand, or both together? How did that happen?

Um, it's 8 characters, Queen.

1. F
2. A
3. N
4. C
5. Y
6. '
7. Z
8. A

c02
Forum Addict

Postby c02 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:43 am

holyghost wrote:Would someone mind explaining who Sheppy is?

I don't know if it's NYC style pizza, but I'm dying to try this place in Milton:

http://gazettextra.com/news/2010/nov/19/mom-and-pop-pizza-shop-milton-named-among-tops-sta/

It won some kind of award.

I'm with you on "Sheppy." That was before my short (active) life here on TDP.

As for the Milton pizza it is a bit ironic. Years ago there was a pizza place in downtown Milton owned by an Italian family. I ate there as a kid and the pizza was fantastic. Loved it. A few years later there is a fairly large mob related Heroin ring bust from New Jersey to Chicago and you guessed it, little Milton, WI. That pizza joint was a small player in the ring. That had to be early 80's. Never knew what came of the pizza joint after that or if any of the family stuck around.

fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fisticuffs » Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:49 am

I'm with you on "Sheppy." That was before my short (active) life here on TDP.

Sheppy is our resident performance artist. He/She will show up with a new name and a new character behind it and see how long and how dumb it can go before it's determined to be phony. Taco is Sheppy. SNOW is Sheppy. There was someone who wanted the Olympics in Madison who turned out to be Sheppy, a single mom from the near west side? that was Sheppy right? Anyways TMF has now moved to the 90% Sheppy range. The constant reminders of NYC and how TMF is from there and how it's so much better have crossed into the realm of just reminding us unnecessarily of the characters back story. Personally I love to guess who's Sheppy game. I'm sure I'm not alone but others don't seem to get quite the kick out of it as I do. This character is pretty lame but I do love Taco and SNOW.

TheBookPolice
Forum God/Goddess

Postby TheBookPolice » Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:55 am

Don't forget Earthy.

O.J.
Forum God/Goddess

Postby O.J. » Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:00 pm

fisticuffs wrote: There was... a single mom from the near west side? that was Sheppy right?

I kind of miss IAmAloneInThisWorld, with her 13-month calendar and fat bastard of a son.

gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gargantua » Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:06 pm

Taco is awesome. It doesn't hurt that I like tacos anyway. Taco is fresh and to the point, just like a good real taco should be.

c02
Forum Addict

Postby c02 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:19 pm

Got it, thanks!

Here is the back-story on what I was recalling from my youth if it's of any interest to anyone. The funny thing is, the first time we went there a friend told us he always saw 2 black stretch limos along side the building very early in the morning and he often joked about it.

Ducatista
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ducatista » Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:13 pm

kurt_w wrote:Please. If this is Sheppy...

No way.

Taco, sure. But I refuse to believe Flex=Shep.

Return to “Town Vibe”