The Rudest/Worst Bartenders on the East Side?

What are the things that puzzle, enrage, delight and tickle you as you go about your life in Madison?
MadMind75
Forum Addict

Re: The Rudest/Worst Bartenders on the East Side?

Postby MadMind75 » Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:11 am

I think that being friendly to your customers is an extremely important trait in a bartender. If you can't manage to crack a smile while slinging drinks you should probably find another line of work. It is afterall a "people person" type of gig.

In my experience there are a lot of cold and emotionless bartenders working in Madison, sometimes more often found in established spots. Mickey's may have a friendly vibe, but I've rarely seen the bartenders even crack a smile unless you're some sort of regular.

Bland
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Bland » Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:50 am

MadMind75 wrote:I think that being friendly to your customers is an extremely important trait in a bartender.
Honestly, I don't care if they're friendly or smiley. All I care about is that they're good at serving drinks. I'll take a sour-looking but attentive bartender over a friendly but inept one any day. Bartenders should never stop looking around the bar for potential customers, and when shit gets busy, they need to make a point of seeing who's waiting and for how long. Nothing is more frustrating that standing at a bar with your money out for ten minutes and never even being able to catch the bartender's eye because they're staring at their feet while tapping a beer or only working the end of the bar opposite from you.

Walter
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Walter » Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:24 am

If anyone is looking for service about which they can complain, call me. The number is 9-1-1. You damn hippies.

signed,

Officer Surly C. Rude

P.S. If I'm not available, my partner Officer Ty Rannical will accommodate your request for "service".
Last edited by Walter on Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thebookpolice
Forum God/Goddess

Postby thebookpolice » Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:50 am

Ah, the pillory thread. Happens every once in a while. Someone gets a bug up his or her ass about someone or something and feels the need to put 'em in the stockades in the town square.

I wish I'd seen what the good Doctress felt was too inflammatory to let stand in her original post, given how little she holds back in subsequent posts.

...ya hippies.

Endo Rockstar
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Endo Rockstar » Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:17 am

TheBookPolice wrote:Ah, the pillory thread. Happens every once in a while. Someone gets a bug up his or her ass about someone or something and feels the need to put 'em in the stockades in the town square.

I wish I'd seen what the good Doctress felt was too inflammatory to let stand in her original post, given how little she holds back in subsequent posts.

...ya hippies.

Yeah, I'm curious too.

Bartenders have a shelf-life. We all become disenchanted with surly needy regulars, and self important youngsters eventually...

tomr

Postby tomr » Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:36 am

That dead bartender from The Shining. He was bad. I like living bartenders, who won't assist in having you killed.

Madsci
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Madsci » Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:25 pm

Two questions, what is the symbol that looks like the top of a parking meter supposed to represent? And doesn't this tread belong in the drinking section?

Petro
Forum Addict

Postby Petro » Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:49 pm

TheBookPolice wrote:Ah, the pillory thread. Happens every once in a while. Someone gets a bug up his or her ass about someone or something and feels the need to put 'em in the stockades in the town square.

...ya hippies.

It's weirder than that because the OP tends bar at a place on the east side. I can't help but think that she was hoping someone would mention her by name.

Bland
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Bland » Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:40 pm

Petro wrote:It's weirder than that because the OP tends bar at a place on the east side.
Oh? Do tell.

Stepbrother
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Stepbrother » Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:43 pm

Julia, does he work at the place I met you where you turned around and yelled "I HATE PEOPLE" at 5:30 at the restaurant during dinner (kids and all) while you were spending your other free time complaining about all of us that worked there being 'hipsters' online?

MadMind75
Forum Addict

Postby MadMind75 » Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:27 pm

Of course I'd like it if all bartenders are attractive women who flaunt their sex appeal, display cleavage, are single or at least play the part, and pretend to like me/flirt while I'm at the bar.
Lack of that in Madison as well.

O.J.
Forum God/Goddess

Postby O.J. » Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:14 am

MadMind75 wrote:Of course I'd like it if all bartenders... pretend to like me/flirt while I'm at the bar.

You'd have to move to Hollywood to find actresses that talented.

scratch
Forum God/Goddess

Postby scratch » Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:48 am

Doctress Julia is easily the worst bartender in the world.

And she's a stinkin' hippie as well.

brettspiel

Postby brettspiel » Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:39 pm

Jaquie and Becky at The Malt House are two of the nicest bartenders in Madison.

rrnate
Forum God/Goddess

Postby rrnate » Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:13 pm

tomr wrote:That dead bartender from The Shining. He was bad. I like living bartenders, who won't assist in having you killed.

Say what you will about Lloyd - Madmind would like him because he manages to crack a smile. Also, he seems pretty easy with a tab. Plus, he dresses like a class act.

Return to “Town Vibe”