The Rudest/Worst Bartenders on the East Side?

What are the things that puzzle, enrage, delight and tickle you as you go about your life in Madison?
MadMind75
Forum Addict

Postby MadMind75 » Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:24 pm

Last edited by MadMind75 on Mon May 18, 2015 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jman111
Forum God/Goddess

Re: The Rudest/Worst Bartenders on the East Side?

Postby jman111 » Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:38 pm

scratch wrote:Doctress Julia is easily the worst bartender in the world.

And she's a stinkin' hippie as well.

Didn't seem to have the right attitude for the job. Kinda bitter.
Didn't strike me as a hippie, especially with the biker leather and chain. dunno
Certainly not stinkin', though.
More blues might take off the edge.

Dipper
Forum Addict

Postby Dipper » Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:49 pm

While I won't name any names, my biggest complaint about some bartenders can be summed up in three words: Decorative, not functional. When I get poor pour service, it's more often than not from a young giggly girl wearing a top designed to get her tips. I want a bartender who knows what a muddler is, what frappe ice is, and is a proven mixologist. I don't need some flirty half-wit.

narcoleptish
Forum God/Goddess

Postby narcoleptish » Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:41 am

Doctress Julia wrote:Which bartenders are the worst

Me, around 2006 when I had completely lost my patience for bad drunks, jager bombs, debit cards and bar-time stragglers. The customers were never right, no, I'm not making any more popcorn, and my co-worker IS smiling jackass, you're just used to the fake one your wife gives you.

I quit that year realizing what I had become. I was a great bartender for many years but I knew when to get out.

Remember_Me
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Remember_Me » Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:08 am

I don't remember what bar I was at, but there was this middle-aged woman there serving drinks and she was about as rude and crass a person as you'll ever meet. She's shorter, dark curly hair, and is apparently a Red Sox fan based on the jersey she was wearing.

I wanna say someone called her Darla. Or something like that.

I don't know.

But if you cross paths with her, don't say I didn't warn you.

Endo Rockstar
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Endo Rockstar » Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:39 pm

narcoleptish wrote:
Doctress Julia wrote:Which bartenders are the worst

Me, around 2006 when I had completely lost my patience for bad drunks, jager bombs, debit cards and bar-time stragglers. The customers were never right, no, I'm not making any more popcorn, and my co-worker IS smiling jackass, you're just used to the fake one your wife gives you.

I quit that year realizing what I had become. I was a great bartender for many years but I knew when to get out.

get out of my head!

the feeling is all too familiar...

narcoleptish
Forum God/Goddess

Postby narcoleptish » Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:55 pm

The last night of my tending career, after already moving to an occasional fill-in roll, I got into a scuffle kicking a guy out which set off a chain of events that included the guy coming back in the bar with a 2x4, the theft of a car, major damage to a nearby business, and the guys eventual arrest after causing more trouble at a PDQ a mile away.

All because I kicked him out. He deserved it but all I could think of was what if he had hurt or killed someone with that car.

So I quit.

Remember_Me
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Remember_Me » Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:41 am

narcoleptish wrote:
He deserved it but all I could think of was what if he had hurt or killed someone with that car.

You didn't think that of every drunk who walked out the door and to his own vehicle?

That's what would get me I think.

I guess all a barkeep can do is hope people make the right decisions when they finally leave after pounding Jack all night.

narcoleptish
Forum God/Goddess

Postby narcoleptish » Thu Nov 25, 2010 5:39 pm

Point taken.

This was definitely an extreme case of a guy just snapping, but I'm sure I sauced up countless people who then drove when they shouldn't have. You can't keep track of where every drink is going in a busy bar. You try to do a responsible job and hope for the best.

Return to “Town Vibe”