Add your voice to Sequoya's self-checks

What are the things that puzzle, enrage, delight and tickle you as you go about your life in Madison?

Add your voice to Sequoya's self-checks

Postby Pairodocks » Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:48 am

I know there are a decent amount of you out there who've used the different self-checkout themes at Sequoya, and I'm wondering if there are some of you out there that would like to contribute your voice to a current or future theme.

Talk Like a Pirate Day is coming up shortly, and it'd be nice to slightly update the Pirate theme for the holiday. If you're willing to talk and/or sing, do send me an e-mail. Additionally, I'm hoping for additional voices for the Robot theme, and for a Gameshow theme that is on the horizon.

If you're wondering if you have the right equipment for it, if you have a computer and a microphone of some sort, you likely have all you need. I'll happily lead you through the process (by phone, if you'd like).

Do send me a message -- I'd like the themes to have more than just my voice greeting the Sequoya (and possibly a few other library's) patrons.

Forum Addict

Re: Add your voice to Sequoya's self-checks

Postby Maeve » Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:58 pm

For people who love libraries, Sequoya is a new beauty of library branch that I wish I could airlift and drop into the Hawthorne branch on East Wash, so bareboned that one is (although I understand it's much better than it once was). Like most of our library branches, Hawthorne has great staff. (The head librarian at Hawthorne is, I feel, an annoying know-it-all -- which I guess is a professional hazard.) Anyway, if anybody out there is a Hand-Me-That-Microphone type – Pairodocks does a great job making the self-checkout voiceovers at Sequoya . Hoist the Jolly Roger!

Return to “Town Vibe”