Taking photos of Gorham St sunbathers is disorderly conduct

What are the things that puzzle, enrage, delight and tickle you as you go about your life in Madison?
fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Taking photos of Gorham St sunbathers is disorderly conduct

Postby fisticuffs » Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am

I think sunbathing next to the locksmith shop on Gorham and University should be disorderly conduct. Drove by there yesterday nearly forgot I was driving. Not that I'd stop and take pictures but seriously. There's a park a few blocks away.

thebookpolice
Forum God/Goddess

Postby thebookpolice » Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:09 am

There's a dude who submits shots of this nature (though less swimsuity) to the Isthmus Flickr pool. Creepy.

But then, maybe the ladies who sunbathe along a busy car/pedestrian thoroughfare could scream a little louder to be looked at.

Social maladjustment all around.

rrnate
Forum God/Goddess

Postby rrnate » Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:38 am

TheBookPolice wrote:There's a dude who submits shots of this nature (though less swimsuity) to the Isthmus Flickr pool. Creepy.

But then, maybe the ladies who sunbathe along a busy car/pedestrian thoroughfare could scream a little louder to be looked at.

Heh - I thought of that guy as well. Agreed - his flicker list, while...er...interesting...is a little weird.

pattymcnutt
Forum Addict

Postby pattymcnutt » Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:07 pm

Walter wrote:That's discretion. I need something more than that but I also don't feel the need to hand out tickets like crazy either.

Usually the recipients of the tickets are middle and high schoolers who get into petty disagreements and one of them walks down and wakes up the officer sleeping in the squad car on the side of the road, alleges that so-and-so called them [insert petty insult here], and the officer will just write a ticket to the alleged offender. I wish I were kidding.

HeyZeus
Forum God/Goddess

Postby HeyZeus » Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:22 pm

TheBookPolice wrote:There's a dude who submits shots of this nature (though less swimsuity) to the Isthmus Flickr pool. Creepy.

YES!! I was going to mention that same guy!

If you notice, he has an equally creepy German soul mate who's always raving about the quality of his "candids".

The girls who do catch him in the act, usually have a look of disgust on their face. That should be a sign. He's lucky some woman or her bf hasn't given him a firm shot to the chops.

I'm sure he's a fine fellow, but once you're over 30, stop taking pictures of girls out in public. It's creepy.

thebookpolice
Forum God/Goddess

Postby thebookpolice » Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:22 pm

Maaan...I wish I hadn't looked into it. Dude's a librarian. Cut it out! You're giving us a heebie-jeebifying rep.

scratch
Forum God/Goddess

Postby scratch » Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:19 am

HeyZeus wrote:I'm sure he's a fine fellow, but once you're over 30, stop taking pictures of girls out in public. It's creepy.

Sounds like a youthful delusion. It can also be creepy when the picture taker is under 30. Don't sell your budding capacity for creepiness short, hot stuff.

fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fisticuffs » Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:59 am

I found it!. Wow. A lot of those chicks do look pretty pissed. I wonder how his wife(I assume) feels about it.

Crockett
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Crockett » Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:03 am

Can I press charges against Madison for taking my picture with fixed cameras? How is this any different than government taking videos/pictures of public spaces?

Disorderly conduct is such a joke.

Bwis53
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Bwis53 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:29 am

It's seems disorderly to me, to let most all of it hang out, while a million people can see. They might as well have two words tatooed on their butts. Back in the day, we used to call them CT's.

rrnate
Forum God/Goddess

Postby rrnate » Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:34 am

Bwis53 wrote:It's seems disorderly to me, to let most all of it hang out, while a million people can see. They might as well have two words tatooed on their butts. Back in the day, we used to call them CT's.

I find your comments disorderly and I'm intrigued by the mention of butt tattoos.

supaunknown
Forum God/Goddess

Postby supaunknown » Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:19 pm

Charging people wth Disorderly Conduct seems to be the Catch All these days. Broad strokes and blanket coverage. A quick band aid that saves digging into a lawbook and finding the more applicable infraction, if any. Even the term "disorderly conduct" seems purposefully wide open to interpretation.

If this beaver hunter wasn't actually being disorderly in his perviness, I don't understand what was illegal about his actions. Taking photos in a public place are within his rights. Just giving the guy a bullshit ticket to make him slither away seems like a possible misapplication of the law in my opinion. I'd be curious to read the actual police report to see if the auteur did something else to warrant the Disorderly Conduct ticket.

Shorty
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Shorty » Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:26 pm

If this guy had taken photos of the naked bike ride, would both the bikers and photographer have gotten a disorderly conduct ticket?

Henry Vilas wrote:Btw, how much was your bail?

It wasn't me, I would have only taken 50 photos not 500.

HeyZeus
Forum God/Goddess

Postby HeyZeus » Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:50 pm

scratch wrote:
HeyZeus wrote:I'm sure he's a fine fellow, but once you're over 30, stop taking pictures of girls out in public. It's creepy.

Sounds like a youthful delusion. It can also be creepy when the picture taker is under 30. Don't sell your budding capacity for creepiness short, hot stuff.

Yeah, but when you're a card-carrying AARP member with a gray neckbeard, "serial killer" glasses, a fat gut and man boobs — it's time to stop taking pics of girls 1/3 your age.

Someone in their twenties might just be horny.

Madsci
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Madsci » Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:10 pm

Bwis53 wrote:It's seems disorderly to me, to let most all of it hang out, while a million people can see. They might as well have two words tatooed on their butts. Back in the day, we used to call them CT's.

Nowadays they have tramp stamps. It helps with the CT. If I am interpreting CT correctly.

Return to “Town Vibe”