Highway M expansion

What are the things that puzzle, enrage, delight and tickle you as you go about your life in Madison?
green union terrace chair
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Highway M expansion

Postby green union terrace chair » Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:37 pm

fisticuffs wrote:
Is that the Epic campus?

Not sure I get this. Go ahead and google Epic Systems campus. It's the greenest thing in Wisconsin.

In my opinion, it looks like a hodge-podge shantytown, albeit on a larger scale (and with more parking). It was a comment on the architecture, not the greenity.

Average Joe
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Average Joe » Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:02 pm

Not quite sure how this...

...looks like this...

...but it's obvious someone has issues with Epic's success. As far as a corporate campus goes, it's pretty sweet.

Stebben84
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Stebben84 » Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:58 pm

Keep in mind that anyone who lives on that stretch of land has to pay a special assessment. Even if the city purchased the land, those farm owners are still out over $500,000.

http://legistar.cityofmadison.com/meeti ... inutes.pdf

Go to item number 7 and click on:

53W0390_PleasantView revised.xls

to see how much everyone paid. I don't know how this is included in the budget, but it makes my special assessment seem like nothing compared to some of those land owners.

I was at the public hearing because my road was part of the agenda. When you own that much land you have to hire an attorney to hash out the details when it comes to road construction. I think the negotiations have been going on for a while.

By the way, Crockett, just go away.

Crockett
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Crockett » Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:07 am

fisticuffs wrote:
Is that the Epic campus?

Not sure I get this. Go ahead and google Epic Systems campus. It's the greenest thing in Wisconsin.

If by green you mean there's grass there then I guess you're right. If by green you mean 99% of the people drive their SUVs there every day then your definition of green is a ruse to justify your selfish lifestyle.

O.J.
Forum God/Goddess

Postby O.J. » Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:26 am

Crockett wrote:The top 50% of taxpayers pay 97.11% of all federal income taxes.

Fixed, to make you look like less of an idiot. You're welcome.

Crockett
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Crockett » Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:35 am

O.J. wrote:
Crockett wrote:The top 50% of taxpayers pay 97.11% of all federal income taxes.

Fixed, to make you look like less of an idiot. You're welcome.

Does it make it better?

fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fisticuffs » Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:44 am

If by green you mean there's grass there then I guess you're right. If by green you mean 99% of the people drive their SUVs there every day then your definition of green is a ruse to justify your selfish lifestyle.

Do some research you fucking dullard. Besides not knowing a damn thing about the place don't you think 99% is a but high? Couldn't some of these people drive sedans? Hybrids? Could some of them carpool? If you had any valid point (which thus far you don't) it would help to keep your bullshit at least to minor distortions instead of outlandish ones.

wallrock
Forum God/Goddess

Postby wallrock » Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:01 am

My contribution to the thread-jack: the Madison buses run out to Epic on a special schedule. I've got a friend that takes the bus to work there.

AaronTheSnob
Forum God/Goddess

Postby AaronTheSnob » Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:09 am

wallrock wrote:My contribution to the thread-jack: the Madison buses run out to Epic on a special schedule. I've got a friend that takes the bus to work there.

"...a friend WHO takes the bus to work there."

You're welcome.

Forum God/Goddess

Postby green union terrace chair » Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:37 pm

Average Joe wrote:Not quite sure how this...

...looks like this...

...but it's obvious someone has issues with Epic's success. As far as a corporate campus goes, it's pretty sweet.

Not quite sure how you take an aesthetic criticism and turn it into a corporate criticism. I have friends who are former and current Epic employees and I wish the company continued success. I just don't like the look of the architecture nor the "campus" layout.

I also wish we could have kept Epic in Madison, but that ship has long sailed.

Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:42 pm

green union terrace chair wrote:I also wish we could have kept Epic in Madison, but that ship has long sailed.

Look at the size of Epic's Verona campus. Where in Madison could they have built something comparable?

Crockett
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Crockett » Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:06 pm

Henry Vilas wrote:
green union terrace chair wrote:I also wish we could have kept Epic in Madison, but that ship has long sailed.

Look at the size of Epic's Verona campus. Where in Madison could they have built something comparable?

Do they need that campus? There are a LOT of companies much larger than Epic that work in one city block.

What if every company took up that much farmland? Exxon or GE would take up most of Dane County.

Its their prerogative but lets stop calling Epic 'green'.

fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fisticuffs » Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:13 pm

Forum God/Goddess

Postby green union terrace chair » Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:18 pm

Henry Vilas wrote:

The DOT / Hill Farms plot with a concession to more verticality. Or the acres of underutilized West Towne parking lot and converting the rest to ramps. Or (again with some greater density) the vacant lots / car dealerships / Mautz paint factory down East Wash.

Did Verona give Epic some sick tax breaks? Even if they insisted on being in some broad open space, it is a mystery to me why Judy would choose Verona instead of Sun Prairie or DeForest based solely on the amount (and duration) of cab rides between Epic and Truax. Maybe there is future development planned for Verona International Airport.

Archipants
Forum Addict

Postby Archipants » Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:43 pm

Crockett wrote:Look at the size of Epic's Verona campus. Where in Madison could they have built something comparable?

Do they need that campus? There are a LOT of companies much larger than Epic that work in one city block.

What if every company took up that much farmland? Exxon or GE would take up most of Dane County.

Its their prerogative but lets stop calling Epic 'green'.

You are truly grasping at straws, in over yer head, and have absolutely no grasp of the concepts behind what your saying. It's been fun lurking and watching you make a fool out of yourself with your uninformed and under-researched positions. It is almost like you're intentionally trying to bullshit us... kind of like a troll? Just saying...

Keep it up!

Return to “Town Vibe”