Bus drivers = fashion police

What are the things that puzzle, enrage, delight and tickle you as you go about your life in Madison?
jjoyce
Forum God/Goddess

Bus drivers = fashion police

Postby jjoyce » Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:52 am

Blaska's army in action:
http://host.madison.com/ct/news/local/c ... 002e0.html

I wonder how many people on the bus were further delayed in getting to their destinations, possibly including work or school, by this incident.

Hank_Venison
Forum Addict

Re: Bus drivers = fashion police

Postby Hank_Venison » Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:28 am

lookin' like a fool with your pants on the ground!

Crockett
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Crockett » Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:55 pm

I think homie's actions with his posse during the arrest speak louder than any words on this board.

TheBookPolice
Forum God/Goddess

Postby TheBookPolice » Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:10 pm

I dunno, I think yours speak pretty loud and clear too.

chance
Forum Addict

Postby chance » Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:33 pm

jjoyce wrote:Blaska's army in action:

I wonder how many people on the bus were further delayed in getting to their destinations, possibly including work or school, by this incident.

You seem to have been able to figure out pretty quickly who was at fault here. Wanna share the inside information that allowed you to do that?

Walter
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Walter » Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:13 pm

If the kids want to walk around with their underwear out, whatever. No visible skidmarks, please.

But keep your cheeks to yourself. If I want to see butt, I got the internet for that, not on the route of the 19 bus.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsZUBpNLGAU

ilikebeans
Forum God/Goddess

Postby ilikebeans » Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:26 pm

Let's compare a little casual bus-riding partial ass-crack to fully-bared bike-riding ass-crack, shall we?

Hm, what might the differences be?

Madsci
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Madsci » Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:59 pm

One ass is round and firm, and the other is flat and saggy...

Bwis53
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Bwis53 » Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:24 pm

See that's the problem. Hardly any of them make me want to look. Most of them just make me want to laugh out loud. Maybe more loud laughs would change the "low rider" pants to something less silly looking.

Average Joe
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Average Joe » Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:43 pm

I don't have a problem with bus drivers enforcing a minimal level of appropriate dress/behavior on the bus. It is public transportation and I know plenty of people who would be uncomfortable if someone boarded a bus (or airplane or train, for that matter) and that person had more than 20% of their ass crack exposed. Becoming a belligerent dumb-ass by thinking you have a right to expose your ass crack in public is just stupid.

Bwis53
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Bwis53 » Sat Jun 19, 2010 8:11 am

Could you call it indecent exposure?

Bwis53
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Bwis53 » Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:20 pm

Today I saw a young man on the bus with this outfit: 2 long athletic t-shirts real long (past his ass), short, very baggy pants, waist hanging at crotch level, cuff hems nearly down to his ankles! I felt like saying: Hey girly man, you look like you're wearing a dress! But I didn't want to risk getting my lights punched out. I swear to God, it looked like a dress!

gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gargantua » Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:19 am

There was an old adage where I used to work called, "Work now, grieve later" when ordered to do something that a worker felt the employer had no right to ask.

The appropriate response here would have been to question the driver....a little feedback is OK. Then comply, and file a complaint with Metro after the fact. NOT to misbehave to such an extent that you get into a fight with a police officer (duh!).

This really has very little to do with clothing, and a lot to do with disrespect for authority and some youthful testosterone overcoming the capacity for critical thinking.

I bet he's a hero to his buddies.

Slick Willy
Forum Addict

Postby Slick Willy » Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:58 pm

jjoyce wrote:Blaska's army in action:

Are you saying that the driver shouldn't have done anything about it, and that this whole thing is his fault?

I work for Metro, and the driver talked to me about this incident before it made the news. The driver told me that he might not have said anything to the thug if it were just him and his buddies riding the bus, but there were senior citizens sitting in the front seats, and he felt that someone's butt crack showing as a fashion statement was totally inappropriate in that situation. Like gargantua touched on, the thug couldn't let a bus driver tell him what to do in front of his buddies, so he began cussing the driver out and threatening him. The driver did the right thing by having Metro dispatch call the police. This thug and his crew got so out of control that the police had to call for backup.

Passengers get mad when drivers don't do anything to stop problem behavior on the bus when they should, and people like you, jjoce, criticize the drivers when they do get involved.

Remember_Me
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Remember_Me » Sat Oct 02, 2010 2:42 pm

Usually they have their pants low, but have their boxers up plenty high. I don't think I've ever seen the low-pants-wearing-thugs with their actual butt cracks just hanging out intentionally. Not saying this one wasn't, but the "fashion" is low pants with their boxers showing:

Now plumbers on the other hand...

Return to “Town Vibe”