Gassin' up at BP

What are the things that puzzle, enrage, delight and tickle you as you go about your life in Madison?
wack wack
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 3222
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2003 5:32 pm
Contact:

Re: Gassin' up at BP

Postby wack wack » Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:55 pm

rabble wrote:I bet you'd have a pretty easy time finding plenty BP owners who didn't give a rat's ass what you or I or any environmentalists think.

Employees, yes. But they get paid whether I gas up there or not, and I don't think any stations have cut hours or gone out of business.

So yeah, I need a sign.


Why do you think this? Why so cynical? Why believe that owners are not human but employees are?

I've yet to meet, hear on the radio, read about or even her of ANYONE who doesn't think this is horrible event.

rabble
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 7875
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:50 pm

Re: Gassin' up at BP

Postby rabble » Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:28 pm

wack wack wrote:I've yet to meet, hear on the radio, read about or even her of ANYONE who doesn't think this is horrible event.

Do you and I actually live on the same planet? If BP was really interested in not polluting the gulf they would have had a real, effective, plausible containment and repair plan in place. They wouldn't have to be clubbed into doing what they should have done in the first place. And they are not an abnormal oil company. And the people who own oil companies are not an abnormal race of humans. They are the type of people think it's a horrible event when they get caught and not before. People who are just like them live everywhere.

I don't want to get into an argument about it with you so I'll stop here. You go ahead and believe anything you want.

massimo
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 1834
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2005 5:52 pm
Location: Madison

Re: Gassin' up at BP

Postby massimo » Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:46 pm

I think one of you is talking about 'corporate' owners and the other is talking about 'gas station' owners. Just sayin'.

rabble
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 7875
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:50 pm

Re: Gassin' up at BP

Postby rabble » Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:52 pm

massimo wrote:I think one of you is talking about 'corporate' owners and the other is talking about 'gas station' owners. Just sayin'.

No, I'm just sayin' that you don't have to be a corporate owner to not give a rat's ass about the environment.

massimo
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 1834
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2005 5:52 pm
Location: Madison

Re: Gassin' up at BP

Postby massimo » Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:04 pm

Ok, maybe you're NOW saying that, but I didn't read that in your post above. Whatever, not my place, carry on.

wack wack
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 3222
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2003 5:32 pm
Contact:

Re: Gassin' up at BP

Postby wack wack » Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:18 pm

rabble wrote:
wack wack wrote:I've yet to meet, hear on the radio, read about or even her of ANYONE who doesn't think this is horrible event.

Do you and I actually live on the same planet? If BP was really interested in not polluting the gulf they would have had a real, effective, plausible containment and repair plan in place. They wouldn't have to be clubbed into doing what they should have done in the first place. And they are not an abnormal oil company. And the people who own oil companies are not an abnormal race of humans. They are the type of people think it's a horrible event when they get caught and not before. People who are just like them live everywhere.

I don't want to get into an argument about it with you so I'll stop here. You go ahead and believe anything you want.


Your reading comprehension is horrible. I said it was a horrible event, a tragedy, and no one is denying that. Saying, "I don't care if it's a tragedy, I have an agenda," is completely different from truly believing this is not a tragedy. Even the CEO of BP knows this is a tragedy, whether or not he feels it's to his benefit to ignore it.

rabble
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 7875
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:50 pm

Re: Gassin' up at BP

Postby rabble » Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:29 pm

wack wack wrote:Your reading comprehension is horrible. I said it was a horrible event, a tragedy, and no one is denying that. Saying, "I don't care if it's a tragedy, I have an agenda," is completely different from truly believing this is not a tragedy. Even the CEO of BP knows this is a tragedy, whether or not he feels it's to his benefit to ignore it.

And if know it's a tragedy, that means you care about whether you caused it or not. Okay, now I'm clear. Sorry about the miscommunication.

makmadison
Forum Addict
Posts: 284
Joined: Tue Jan 28, 2003 12:07 pm
Contact:

Re: Gassin' up at BP

Postby makmadison » Sat Jun 19, 2010 8:52 pm

I buy BP gas:

1. $15 towards Brewer tickets
2. Help pay for the clean up

MK

Zombeatles_Fan
Forum Addict
Posts: 189
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:35 am
Location: right behind you
Contact:

Re: Gassed up at BP

Postby Zombeatles_Fan » Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:00 am

hmmm... BP - possible causers of a planetary extinction level event - I won't buy gas there, nope. I feel like an asshole just being on the same earth with them. fucking hell.


Return to “Town Vibe”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest