Sheppy's 1000th Post!

What are the things that puzzle, enrage, delight and tickle you as you go about your life in Madison?
Sheppy
Forum God/Goddess

Sheppy's 1000th Post!

Postby Sheppy » Mon May 14, 2007 4:33 pm

Forumers:

As you've probably heard by now I'm only 70 posts away from my 1000th post! I know, I can't believe it either, it seems just like yesterday I was one of these scrappy little ten-posts fucks coming on here trying to ramble with the likes of a Schick, Robin or Nickeled & Dimed. I got it together real quick and by the 200 post mark I was running this place. I know I've been sporadic the last few months with all this crazy shit going on, but at some point in the next few weeks I should hit the big 1,000 post milestone!

When and where will I hit the 1,000 post mark? Will it be in Town Vibe pontificating on real estate or sparring with that little fuck uwstudent? Or will it be in International Affairs holding court on African politics or trade policy? It might just be in Jock Wrap talkin' Pack. Or in Headlines bemoaning the latest statistic coming out of Milwaukee making the whole state look like a hellhole. Maybe, just maybe, it will be right here, on this thread!

Whenever I hit this milestone, I can guarantee you it will be HUGE. This is a major event in the history of The Daily Page Forum. How will the Forum, and Isthmus Publishing, Inc. mark this milestone? Stay tuned, because the answer might SURPRISE you!

Anyway, I'm real excited to be hitting this milestone! It feels good to be graduating to the ranks of Buckyor, Henry Vilas or White Rabbit. Basically I'm trying to create some advance buzz for this Historical Event. So thank you for your support and STAY TUNED!!

Sheppy

Sheppy
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Sheppy » Tue May 15, 2007 3:29 pm

WHAT'S UP MADISON, JUST WANTED TO EXPRESS MY MAD LOVE FOR ALL OF YOUR SUPPORT THESE LAST FEW YEARS. 1000 POSTS, BABY, HERE I COME!!!

ONLY 66 MORE POSTS LEFT TO GO!!!

white_rabbit
Forum God/Goddess

Postby white_rabbit » Tue May 15, 2007 5:52 pm

Did you get the balloon drop set up over your computer yet for when the momentous milestone arrives?

Sheppy
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Sheppy » Tue May 15, 2007 7:03 pm

white_rabbit wrote:Did you get the balloon drop set up over your computer yet for when the momentous milestone arrives?

All the details are being kept secret, but I can promise you this. When I reach the 1,000th post it's GONNA BE HUGE.

ONLY 65 POSTS LEFT, MADISON!!! YEAH, BABY, WE'RE CLOSING IN FAST. KEEP IT RIGHT HERE BABY CUZ WHEN OLE SHEP HITS THE 1000 MARK IT'S GONNA BE HUGE!!!!!!

massimo
Forum God/Goddess

Postby massimo » Tue May 15, 2007 8:20 pm

If all the details are secret, how the hell are we supposed to know where to go to buy you shots? I mean, of course you'll be back in Madison -- there's no way in HELL that you'd hit submit on the big 1 thou way out in Iowa, would you...

would you?

Sheppy
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Sheppy » Tue May 15, 2007 8:59 pm

Man I don't know where I'm going to be when the big 1K drops, man. I could be still out here in Oskaloosa, hopefully back in Madison, but I do know that WHEN I HIT THE BIG ONE ZERO ZERO ZERO, BABY, YOU'D BETTER HOLD ONTO YOUR SEAT BECAUSE YOU AIN'T SEEN NOTHIN' YET!

YEAH, BABY! ONLY 63 POSTS LEFT TO GO!!! CAN YOU FEEL IT, MADISON? CAN YOU FEEL IT?? SHEPPY'S 1,000TH POST IS RIGHT AROUND THE CORNER!!!!

white_rabbit
Forum God/Goddess

Postby white_rabbit » Tue May 15, 2007 9:22 pm

As we creep closer to this historic occasion, I just want to take a moment to thank Sheppy for the memories. When ol' Shep arrived on the scene, I wasn't impressed. I thought for sure the new "know-it-all" would quickly fade into the foronic sunset along with the likes of FREEUSA, MakeBushKing and soon to be banned Tolerator. But no. I was wrong and you proved to be all you boasted to be. And I am humbled by my error. You've done good, Shep. And when you hit the big "one kay", be assured, I will lift a glass of some sort of boozy beverage and toast in your honor.

narcoleptish
Forum God/Goddess

Postby narcoleptish » Tue May 15, 2007 9:49 pm

...and I would like to add that in these days of 10 post careers and nonsense threads that just won't die, that it is comforting to have our pillars, the ones that we can click on and be sure of entertainment AND pertinence. Sure, some people disapprove of the language, but I've come to appreciate it. It doesn't matter who's time his posts are on, it doesn't matter if we don't always agree. And I just love that caddyshack movie, and.... and.....um.. who's this about again?

Sheppy
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Sheppy » Wed May 16, 2007 10:01 am

YEAH BABY, MAD LOVE, MAD LOVE. IT'S BEEN A LONG STRANGE TRIP BUT HERE WE ARE, 62 POSTS LEFT TO GO 'TILL THE ONE THOUSAND POST MILESTONE. I CAN'T BELEIVE IT EITHER, THIS IS OFF THE HOOK, MADISON. JUST YOU WAIT AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS WHEN OLE' SHEP HITS THE 1,000 POST MARK. IT'S GONNA BE CUH-RAAAAAZY!!!! YEAH, BABY!!! THANKS FOR THE LOVE, I'M OUT.

62 POSTS LEFT TO GO, BABY!!! 62 POSTS!!!

gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gargantua » Wed May 16, 2007 11:23 am

Best wishes in advance Sheppy, and thanks for it not being about Crime in Madison, which we know doesn't exist anyway.

The excitement is palpable. You can feel it on the streets. Everybody knows something special is about to happen. Even the clueless seem to sense that something is going on.

Sheppy
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Sheppy » Wed May 16, 2007 11:42 am

THAT'S RIGHT BABY, THE EXCITEMENT IS BUILDING. UPTOWN, DOWNTOWN, EVEN OUT IN THE HINTERLANDS, SAUK COUNTY, JANESVILLE, PEOPLE ARE TALKING ABOUT SHEP'S 1000TH POST!!!! ONLY 59 MORE POSTS!!!! 59 MORE POSTS!!!!! HERE WE GO, WE'RE ENTERING THE HOME STRETCH!!!! YEAH BABY!!!!!!

Kyle Motor
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Kyle Motor » Wed May 16, 2007 12:16 pm

Sheppy. For. Mayor. Period.

Sheppy
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Sheppy » Thu May 17, 2007 1:51 pm

Will I anounce my intentions to run for public office when I hit the 1,000 post mark? Maybe I will, or maybe I won't. YOU'LL JUST HAVE TO STICK AROUND AND FIND OUT!!! THIS IS GONNA BE OFF THE HOOK, MADISON. YEAH BABY!!!! OFF THE HEEZY!!!!! WHEN OLE' SHEP HITS THE BIG ONE K WHO KNOWS WHAT'S GONNA HAPPEN. IT'S GONNA BE HUGE.

ONLY 57 MORE POSTS LEFT TO GO, MADISON. 57 MORE POSTS!!!!!

Frank Booth
Forum Addict

Postby Frank Booth » Thu May 17, 2007 2:01 pm

I was going to hold off until closer to the actual event, but fuck it, I'm starting the pre-party.

5 pm. Jello shots @ Buck's, and we'll take it from there. Who's in?

Sheppy
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Sheppy » Thu May 17, 2007 3:39 pm

Frank Booth wrote:I was going to hold off until closer to the actual event, but fuck it, I'm starting the pre-party.

5 pm. Jello shots @ Buck's, and we'll take it from there. Who's in?

Normally I'd say "fuck yeah" because really what have I got to lose at this point? But unfortunately I am currently on a pig farm outside of Oskaloosa, Iowa. Should this gathering transpire, Shep will have to be there in spirit only. So when you raise a jello shot to SHEP ONLY HAVING 56 POSTS LEFT TO GO BABY YEAH, YEAH BABY, YEAH BABY, YEAH BABY!!! SHEPPY IS CLOSING IN FAST ON THE 1000TH POST!!!! I SIMPLY CANNOT BELIEVE IT, MADISON. BELIEVE IT.

Return to “Town Vibe”