Sundance tix available online

What are the things that puzzle, enrage, delight and tickle you as you go about your life in Madison?
admin
Forum Addict

Sundance tix available online

Postby admin » Wed May 09, 2007 4:14 pm

universitylad
Forum God/Goddess

Postby universitylad » Wed May 09, 2007 7:27 pm

Do you have to pay the additional handling fee if you purchase the tickets on site?

Pogoagogo
Forum Addict

Postby Pogoagogo » Thu May 10, 2007 11:24 am

Not so fast:

For two days, I've been trying to get tickets and there is a glitch that is preventing you from buying them.

When you enter a credit card number it gives you a "magnetic card error" and changed your expiration date automaticaly to "2020". Sundance confirmed the problem today and is trying to fix it.

DedeTate
Forum Addict

Postby DedeTate » Thu May 10, 2007 12:13 pm

At last! Confirmation of ticket prices - they're charging $6.25 for matinees, and $8.75 for evening shows, with $1.50 surcharge tacked on for online ticket ordering. Also, there was a mention in the State Journal this morning of a $3 surcharge per ticket on particular screenings - anybody know what this refers to?

Mister_A_In_Madison
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Mister_A_In_Madison » Thu May 10, 2007 12:27 pm

DedeTate wrote:At last! Confirmation of ticket prices - they're charging $6.25 for matinees, and $8.75 for evening shows, with $1.50 surcharge tacked on for online ticket ordering. Also, there was a mention in the State Journal this morning of a $3 surcharge per ticket on particular screenings - anybody know what this refers to?

There was also mention of reserved seating. Is that included in the $8.75 price?

DedeTate
Forum Addict

Postby DedeTate » Thu May 10, 2007 2:40 pm

Mister_A_In_Madison wrote:There was also mention of reserved seating. Is that included in the $8.75 price?

From everything I've read, all seating is reserved seating (whether you buy online or at the theater, you pick your seat before you go in), so it is included in the price.

jjoyce
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jjoyce » Thu May 10, 2007 2:59 pm

I never understood online surcharges. Companies WANT people to order that way, right? It's more convenient for everyone. I'm not ashamed to say I'll gladly show up ten minutes early to save the $3+ per show and just stand in line.

Do airlines charge you extra for online ticketing? Of course not, and that's a lot more complicated than a movie ticket.

cdhopper

Postby cdhopper » Thu May 10, 2007 3:20 pm

The Brewers charge more for online ticket ordering.

mrak
Forum God/Goddess

Postby mrak » Thu May 10, 2007 3:31 pm

jjoyce wrote:Do airlines charge you extra for online ticketing? Of course not, and that's a lot more complicated than a movie ticket.

Hmmm, maybe if the cinemas had a "no-fly"-type list for people who talk during movies, it would help justify the charge.

TAsunder
Forum God/Goddess

Postby TAsunder » Fri May 11, 2007 12:00 pm

I believe the surcharge is because they outsourced the online ticketting stuff to some company called titan? Whatever the case, the online seat picking process is pretty cool.

DedeTate
Forum Addict

Postby DedeTate » Fri May 11, 2007 12:30 pm

All of their seating is reserved, so you should get to pick your seat whether you buy online or not. I still don't get the surcharge thing - if you're trying to buy an online ticket for a Monday show, there are no surcharges. But all tickets for the weeked have the $1.50 charge. I'm going to investigate further when I catch a matinee this afternoon.

TAsunder
Forum God/Goddess

Postby TAsunder » Fri May 11, 2007 2:23 pm

Actually it's even weirder than that. There is a fee for monday as well, depending on the show. The fee changes depending on the actual showtime! It ranges between $0 and $2. It may be a theater imposed fee after all and not related to their website vendor.

DedeTate
Forum Addict

Postby DedeTate » Fri May 11, 2007 5:08 pm

You are totally right - the fees apply whether you buy online or at the theater. I paid $7.75 to see a matinee today. The only time when there aren't additional fees (which can be up to $3 per ticket) are the noon shows, Monday-Thursday.
As for the whole experience? The theater was nice, they seem to have a ton of staff people. In general, the ticket pricing and seat choosing seem to create confusion among ticketbuyers. We walked up to the rooftop bar, and didn't really find it impressive. It's not going to be worth it to me to pay those kinds of ticket prices (or prices for food, or drinks) - it's nice that it's here, but I won't be making it a regular habit.

Return to “Town Vibe”