Madison drivers are getting even worse...

What are the things that puzzle, enrage, delight and tickle you as you go about your life in Madison?
buckyor
Forum God/Goddess

Postby buckyor » Wed Apr 18, 2007 4:17 pm

Scooterboy wrote:Well, since I am usually going 65-70 mph on the beltline, then all those cars passing me must be what, going slower? I don't go anywhere near the beltline during rush hours, but at the times that I drive it, the fast drivers outnumber the slow drivers.

I drive to the Twin Cities monthly. I drive at 75 mph. I may pass a few cars on the way, but I'm often overtaken by cars traveling much faster.

It's worse when I'm riding my scooter. No matter how fast I go, nearly everyone has to overtake me.

What happened on 51 is true, and it happened on Monday, with my mom in the car with me. If we weren't already late to an appointment, I would have 911'd those assholes.

Well, I haven't driven it in about 9 months. But unless everyone has sped up 30% in the past year, they aren't going 80.

I'm beginning to think you're the guy in the 1970s Buick clogging things up at 45 mph.

wolfsbane

Postby wolfsbane » Wed Apr 18, 2007 4:18 pm

You might want to check the accuracy of your spedometer, Scooterboy. What you are saying sounds absolutely kooky to me. On the beltline, I can usually stay in the fast lane and pass everyone at 65, with only an occasional menace from behind that requires me to move over, even in the middle of the night.

I have noticed a tendency of much faster driving going to or through Minnesota. I haven't tried to make sense of it, though. Anyone who lives in a state colder than this one can't be sane.

dstol62
Forum God/Goddess

Postby dstol62 » Wed Apr 18, 2007 4:56 pm

For me, Stoughton Rd. still takes top honors for most speeders per capita. Thankfully, it is not one of my regular routes.

Return to “Town Vibe”