Full-Wrap Bus Advertising

What are the things that puzzle, enrage, delight and tickle you as you go about your life in Madison?
Forum God/Goddess

Postby white_rabbit » Tue Apr 03, 2007 1:06 pm

I find it doubtful that the hometown to the Oscar Meyer Weinermobile would find moving advertisements offensive or unusual.

My guess is our new foron sells billboards.

Wrap that bus

Postby Copeland1984 » Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:36 pm

Stomach wrote:A Hooters bus would be cool.

I will gladly volunteer my photography services for this endeavor.

As for Vandermeer, please feel free to chime in anytime, in your whiney voice, on topics that relate TO SEATTLE!!

Forum God/Goddess

Postby Paco » Tue Apr 03, 2007 4:25 pm

It's a hell of a lot better than what we had before. They had advertising along the side, then an ugly dirty one along the back. Now they at least look somewhat cool, and bring in more money...So what's the problem??

It would be nice to see bus rates/rides go down since they are making more money...

Forum God/Goddess

Postby Sheppy » Tue Apr 03, 2007 4:41 pm

Today my guy Loke and I rose on one of those busses with the fiull wrap aroudn ad. It qwas a big add for Culvers butter burgers, and I passed out agains the window., when I woke up we weer on teh EAST SIDE BABY my side of town/ I tiugt I was blacking out but when we disembarked the bus I realized it was the add that sdhada made it looks all cloudy whan we roled up the EAST SIDE NEXT STOP BABY MY SIDE. YA it's been a lon ass day I aint' gonna liue byt ole Shep is hanig in there GO MALLARDS GO MNALLARDS GO MALLAREDS.

Forum God/Goddess

Postby lonesomejohnny » Tue Apr 03, 2007 7:06 pm

Since part of my occupation involves printing self-adhesive large-format graphics, I cant complain if someone wants to stick them on busses. Besides, the busses were nothing pretty to look at anyways.

How long until we get the "I thought madison was..........but I guess it isnt, since you guys cant see how bus ads are terrible for your town!" speach out of our new friend?

Forum Addict

Postby sylvie » Wed Apr 04, 2007 6:01 am

It's looks like only one poster has been on board one of these fully wrapped buses - how about the rest of you who don't think it's so bad - do you actually ride the buses?

Forum God/Goddess

Postby TAsunder » Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:11 am

Maybe they can pay for some better mufflers on the buses with this. Or whatever the thing is that makes some buses about 50 decibels louder than others.

Forum God/Goddess

Postby Bwis53 » Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:11 am

I was on that big red thing, last week. I was surprised at how hard it was to see out of the windows! I needed to get off at Baldwin, so I relied on the town crier and craned my neck to see down the aisle! I don't like this all or nothing idea.

Forum God/Goddess

Postby blunt » Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:48 am

Stomach wrote:A Hooters bus would be cool.

Check out those headlights!

Forum God/Goddess

Postby snoqueen » Wed Apr 04, 2007 1:40 pm

The drivers are not gonna like it if they have to memorize where every passenger wants to get off because nobody can see out the side windows well enough to signal for their own stop.

Looking out the windows is one of the things that makes a bus ride nice. I'll find out next week if you can see out those things or not. Stay tuned.

Forum God/Goddess

Postby Sheppy » Wed Apr 04, 2007 2:06 pm

naw man you dcan see out the winwow just fine. Well it depends. The Culvers Butter Burger Bus you can see out the yellow parst of the display, the bacjgournd. Bit you cannot see out if you happen to be istting behind the allbeef 100% USDA butteburger patty. YOu cann kindsa see out the bun part.

Forum God/Goddess

Full Wrap Bus Advertising

Postby Lily » Tue Apr 10, 2007 7:20 pm

I ride the bus to work everyday -- Thank you Madison Metro so I don't have to deal with idiot drivers every morning or try to find parking. Today was the first ride on a bus wrapped in advertisement. Maybe its a good source of revenue for the bus company when advertisers pay up front, but the "unlimited calls" advert the bus was covered with was blaring yellow with blue font and a large cell phone. Eh. I wouldn't care at all if they'd leave the windows alone. Covering the windows obscures the view. It's like trying to look out the window with dot matrix vision. Anyway, does anyone really ever make a purchase based on an advert they saw painted on the bus?

Forum God/Goddess

Postby universitylad » Tue May 01, 2007 5:42 pm

ShaneDog wrote:Maybe you have ugly bus wrap designs. The ones here are actually pretty cool looking and not at all bill-boardy.

Do the advertising designs require approval by the Urban Design Committee, which may occassionaly refer them to Ped-Bike-Motor Vehicle?

Return to “Town Vibe”