I need a recommendation for a vet

What are the things that puzzle, enrage, delight and tickle you as you go about your life in Madison?
anaranjado

I need a recommendation for a vet

Postby anaranjado » Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:08 pm

I have been taking my dog to All Pets Vet Clinic in Middleton for years, but now that I moved to the east side, I can't justify the hassle of driving all the way over there. Anyone have a recommendation for an east side vet? Thanks.

tommyd

east side vet

Postby tommyd » Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:38 pm

I used Petinary. I had two cats, for 15 years with them. They were always awesome, even in eutanasia. They have allways been caring folks, and very fair priced. best of luck

Sugar

Postby Sugar » Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:10 pm

Trusedell on Milwaukee st is a great vet. Expensive but they are wonderful.
Petinery....good god, they are terrible, first it smell so bad of cat piss in there. second, I took my cat there to be declawed (cause it was cheaper...you get what you pay for) and now I know that there are two ways to do it, surgically, the more humane way or the way petinery does it, they just rip out the claws, I picked up my cat and the inside of the carrier was covered with blood and my cat got an infection in one of his paws. I took him elsewhere for follow up and they educated me and took care of him.

cute hat
Forum God/Goddess

Postby cute hat » Fri Mar 16, 2007 4:18 am

Doctor Fred at Sandhill Clinic on East Wash.

He's the best!

Very kind and compassionate, and his prices are reasonable.

My kitties give him two paws up.

bluethedog
Forum God/Goddess

Postby bluethedog » Fri Mar 16, 2007 5:45 am

I'm also looking for a new Vet.; my current one is good but sending me to the poor house. Any recommendations for West side? (I'd consider Oregon, Middleton, etc.).

For comparison, I would currently pay $300 minimum for teeth cleaning.

Bella

Postby Bella » Fri Mar 16, 2007 8:00 am

bluethedog wrote:I'm also looking for a new Vet.; my current one is good but sending me to the poor house. Any recommendations for West side? (I'd consider Oregon, Middleton, etc.).

I take my two cats to Cat Care Clinic. Dr. Miller is awesome, I am poor, so she always gives me different levels of tests that can be run, (my cat has thyroid disease) and doesn't guilt me if I can't do the most expensive stuff...

bluethedog
Forum God/Goddess

Postby bluethedog » Fri Mar 16, 2007 8:38 am

Bella wrote:
bluethedog wrote:I'm also looking for a new Vet.; my current one is good but sending me to the poor house. Any recommendations for West side? (I'd consider Oregon, Middleton, etc.).

I take my two cats to Cat Care Clinic...

Thanks but I should have clarified - I have dogs.

equuspower
Forum Addict

Postby equuspower » Fri Mar 16, 2007 10:42 am

I can recomment Healthy Pet Clinic on E. Washington. I don't know if she's "cheap", but she has evening hours 2 days a week which I find very helpful.

TAsunder
Forum God/Goddess

Postby TAsunder » Fri Mar 16, 2007 11:06 am

I've heard good things about sandhill, and use banfield on the far east side myself. I really like Dr. Trepel. He explains everything and keeps up with vet journals and conferences.

buckyor
Forum God/Goddess

Re: I need a recommendation for a vet

Postby buckyor » Fri Mar 16, 2007 11:31 am

anaranjado wrote:I have been taking my dog to All Pets Vet Clinic in Middleton for years, but now that I moved to the east side, I can't justify the hassle of driving all the way over there. Anyone have a recommendation for an east side vet? Thanks.

It seems to me if you were happy with the previous vet, you should stick with him/her, regardless of the "hassle" of driving across town. They are familiar with your dog and its history, and you'll have to re-create that with a new vet. It can be done, but why start from scratch if it's not necesary?

Do you go to the vet every week? A couple times a year? Madison is not so big that a cross-town trek 2-3 times a year is that big a hassle.

TheBookPolice
Forum God/Goddess

Postby TheBookPolice » Fri Mar 16, 2007 12:35 pm

Dr. Karlburg at Beltline Animal Hospital. Convenient location for lots o' people.

Kudos kudos kudos for this clinic.

Chuck_Schick
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Chuck_Schick » Fri Mar 16, 2007 2:12 pm

TheBookPolice wrote:Dr. Karlburg at Beltline Animal Hospital. Convenient location for lots o' people.

I hope his veterinary skills far surpass his voiceover abilities. His are some of the worst radio ads I've ever heard. It's like he's got a mouthful of marbles, and while I'm sure he's a true professional ... well, first impressions and all that.

Dude really needs to farm that shit out. Out of every 1,000 business owners who do their own commercials, maybe three do them well. Maybe.

juanton
Forum God/Goddess

Postby juanton » Fri Mar 16, 2007 2:16 pm

I've been going to Candlin on Wingra for years. I have never witnessed dogs getting so excited when entering the vet.

Velveeta
Forum Addict

Postby Velveeta » Fri Mar 16, 2007 2:55 pm

Chuck_Schick wrote:
TheBookPolice wrote:Dr. Karlburg at Beltline Animal Hospital. Convenient location for lots o' people.

I hope his veterinary skills far surpass his voiceover abilities. His are some of the worst radio ads I've ever heard. It's like he's got a mouthful of marbles, and while I'm sure he's a true professional ... well, first impressions and all that.

Dude really needs to farm that shit out. Out of every 1,000 business owners who do their own commercials, maybe three do them well. Maybe.

If he farmed it out he'd have to pass those costs on to you. I hate it when some businesses do their own commercials, but when it's just a small service business, like a vet practice, I would personally appreciate not paying for his $6,000 radio commercial when I took my pet in.

Chuck_Schick
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Chuck_Schick » Fri Mar 16, 2007 3:03 pm

Velveeta wrote:If he farmed it out he'd have to pass those costs on to you. I hate it when some businesses do their own commercials, but when it's just a small service business, like a vet practice, I would personally appreciate not paying for his $6,000 radio commercial when I took my pet in.

So there's no one else in his office or family or circle of friends who can get through a script without sounding like he's gagging on his own tongue?

It's vanity or some belief that doing it yourself makes you more "genuine" that drives stuff like this. I'm not saying everyone has to be a pro. I've done voice work (hint, hint) but it's not my vocation. There are plenty of people who can more than afford the production costs for a decent ad (that damn diamond shill, for one) who go the DIY route. They think it makes their ads homey and effective in a "regular Joe" sort of way. The reality is quite often the opposite.

It's not effective advertising to cheese-off your target demo. Hell, for all we know a better ad might pull in extra business and pay for itself over the short term.

Oh, and so my presence on this thread isn't a total jack, I'll second the Sandhill recommendation.

Return to “Town Vibe”