Blood on Their Hands= Wausau Shootings

Please limit discussion in this area to local and state politics.
jonnygothispen
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Blood on Their Hands= Wausau Shootings

Postby jonnygothispen » Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:44 pm

"Every gun that is sold, every regulation that is rescinded, every headcase who is easily armed, in the final sense, is a theft from those who wish to walk to the store or go to school and not be shot, those who simply wish to ride the bus without the fear of an accidental discharge killing them, those who wish to feel safe and secure in their neighborhoods without the threat of being robbed at gun point.. a theft from police officers who would normally be able to defuse a tough situation without becoming trigger-happy due to their fear of being shot, and the innocent people who are killed because of it.

$13.5 billion* in arms sales every year is not enough! Easy access to guns means more gun tragedies, more mass shootings, more gun and ammo sales, and more profits! This is not a way of life at all, in any true sense. Under the cloud of massive loss of innocent lives, it is humanity hanging from a cross of iron!"

* http://www.cnbc.com/2015/10/02/americas ... mbers.html
-$13.5 billion ~ Annual revenue of gun and ammunition manufacturing industry, with a $1.5 billion profit. (IBIS World)
-$3.1 billion ~ Annual revenue of gun and ammunition stores, with a $478.4 million profit. (IBIS World)
-10,847,792 ~ The number of pistols, revolvers, rifles, shotguns and miscellaneous firearms manufactured in the U.S. in 2013, the latest full year available. That's 4,441,726 pistols, 725,282 revolvers, 3,979,570 rifles, 1,203,072 shotguns, and 495,142 miscellaneous firearms.
Ok, ok... I quit now.

Mad Howler
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Blood on Their Hands= Wausau Shootings

Postby Mad Howler » Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:03 pm

So much sickens me at this moment,
This event is personal to me.
Weasel trolls will weasel troll - the piece below explored the toxic politic of of where we're going:
https://pando.com/2014/05/07/the-zucker ... nra-first/

Return to “Local Politics & Government”