fuck a duck

Please limit discussion in this area to local and state politics.
gozer
Forum God/Goddess

fuck a duck

Postby gozer » Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:13 pm

are one of the reasons that feeding ducks in madison is apparently verboten that they are allegedly filthy diseased critters? i remember the case of the high-carbohydrate-food-habituated geese knocking a kid off a tricycle in one of the parks on lake mendota in the early 1990s and thought that is what it was. . .
a few weeks ago in an ostensibly legal (the mayor and a couple of cops were there feeding them too) in another nearby commiunity i was weaving across a nearby car park leading about a dozen folks with bird seed and bread and stale hamburgers and animal vitamins stuffed in cupcakes and someone said

"u know, u should not really be feeding those ducks because they get lazy and they have the flu"
-- oh yeah? what kind of flu?
"h2n2, h3n11, h3n8, sars . . ."
--at least one of those is the 1889 asiatic horse flu, no?
"i suppose that makes my point . . ."
--i already had it. leave me alone . . . some of this is for the raccoons anyways . . .

then one of the crew was questioned about a 35-cm camera
"taking pictures of the filthy animals?"
--no, i'm here to take pictures of the riot . . .

today's trivia question is about the argentine lake duck (oxyura vittata philippi 1860) -- it has a corkscrew shaped wang 43 cm long, essentially the ef-5 of duck dicks . . .

it is not heresy . . .

Roy
Forum God/Goddess

Re: fuck a duck

Postby Roy » Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:15 am

Don't know about ducks, but there are often ordinances against feeding wild geese in parks. The reason is that feeding them encourages them to stay in the parks, and even winter over. The geese are not wanted in the parks, because the numbers have increased a lot (probably due to feeding). It is impossible to walk in some parks (I.E. Janesville) without walking in goose droppings. Yuck!

Huge geese populations create unsanitary conditions with huge amounts of goose poop. While feeding the ducks stale bread etc, is fun, it also adds to a growing problem with poop. Plus giving wild animals people food is not natural, and nor good for them.

gozer
Forum God/Goddess

Re: fuck a duck

Postby gozer » Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:21 am

they try hard to get the people food, especially various mammals . . . people have always wondered how to prevent animals from rummaging through dustbins whilst i have noticed that separating out what little discarded food there is and putting it out for them is quite effective . . . though any critter who comes to the window with babies gets a ration of cat food and a couple of room temperature frankfurters at our house . . .

there are now apprently is a definite split betwixt groups of canada geese (branta canadensis linnaeus 1758) which do and do not migrate any longer; when i have seen them i have not noticed anything obviously different about the ones who hang around, apparently as far north as eau claire at the very least, and have not heard much speculation about whether this would point to some kind of incipient subspeciation . . . i am not certain if waterfowl or birds in general have molecular clocks as fast as some mammals, carnivorans in particular; for example all the different forms of domestic and feral dogs and cats (canis and felis spp) as well as lagomorphs which have developed and how raccoons (procyon lotor linnaeus 1753) seem to be rapidly evolving towards a higher form with opposable thumbs and some recognisable form of language being possible developments in the long term . .. when they can organise and hold firearms hopefully they will remember who was nice to them -- i'm sure they will . . .

the piles of dung can and should be swept into piles and incinerated after it dries, with that probably being a better idea than putting it into the sanitation system multiplying the human exposure -- and if it is piled up somewhere it isn't somewhere else like in people's yards or on city streets, maybe the water too depending on the species . . . i recall that one of the big complaints about passenger pigeons (ectopistes migratorius linnaeus 1766) was how they would roost so densely that the metre-deep piles of shit would lead to remarkable explosive intensification cycles in forest fires; guano is another term for some types of bird shit and supposedly timothy mc veigh could even have misused it in his evil deed, mixed with molasses no less . . . i am also inclined to think that people are just as much a reservoir of h2n2, h1n1, and all the rest as are animals, given that small numbers of people apparently still get things like the 1918 spanish flu, 1889 asiatic horse flu, von economo encephalitis, bubonic plague and so on . . . vanishingly small numbers but they are still floating around . . .

i believe one of the 2003 california wild fires was recorded with a flame front travelling at a rate in chains per hour that came out to close to 200 km/h or over 120 miles per hour -- that was satan, not bird shit b t w . . .

Return to “Local Politics & Government”