Weapons on Metro buses

Please limit discussion in this area to local and state politics.
jonnygothispen
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Weapons on Metro buses

Postby jonnygothispen » Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:21 pm

The most interesting thing about G-man is that when it comes to choosing between safety and security, or his love of guns, the guns always "win."

In his mind, the Constitution wasn't written with the people as a priority, but rather the people are here to serve his lust for a material object.

jonnygothispen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jonnygothispen » Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:38 pm

If you'd like to ignore original intent, and use 'self-defense' as the definition, although there's 0 evidence that's what the 2nd amendment was written for, then you'll have to explain why you prefer having a greater chance of being shot because of more guns on buses than you'd have if they were banned. And why you get to impose a more dangerous policy on others.

gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gargantua » Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:36 pm

Jonny. Please just stop. Each combatant's position has been made abundantly clear. I'm tired of the personal insult-fest, both ways.

It's childish.

jonnygothispen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jonnygothispen » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:53 pm

Ok, so why do we have to accept Dman's unconstitutional stance on it? He loves annoying "liberals" over this, so he comes here, and that's essence of trolling. No problem, hey?

If I wanted to troll Dman, I'd grab the evidence and attend one of his concealed IQ classes, and annoy the fuck out of his attendees.

But anyway, here's another dumbass...

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/201 ... el-waldman

In his new book, The Second Amendment: A Biography, Michael Waldman, president of the Brennan Center for Justice at New York University, digs into this discrepancy. What does the Second Amendment mean today, and what has it meant over time? He traces the history of the contentious clause and the legal reasoning behind it, from the Constitutional Convention to modern courtrooms.

"... when you actually go back and look at the debate that went into drafting of the amendment, you can squint and look really hard, but there's simply no evidence of it being about individual gun ownership for self-protection or for hunting. Emphatically, the focus was on the militias."
This guy's obviously an idiot, right?

Here's another one: http://www.thomhartmann.com/bigpicture/ ... ct-slavery

"Second amendment was Passed to Protect Slavery"

There's no evidence anywhere that the 2nd was written and passed for self-defense. But there's a wealth of evidence that it was passed to protect slavery. But you want to let the guy troll.

So the next step for me is reading "The Second Amendment: A Biography" by Michael Waldman...

gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gargantua » Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:34 pm

Out.

jonnygothispen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jonnygothispen » Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:54 pm

Yeah, I'm out if here, or on any gun thread. Peace out.

Return to “Local Politics & Government”