Tony Robinson Died; Killer Cop Matt Kenny Lied; Madison's Munificent Residents Paid!

Please limit discussion in this area to local and state politics.
IU2Bmanoletters
Forum Addict

Tony Robinson Died; Killer Cop Matt Kenny Lied; Madison's Munificent Residents Paid!

Postby IU2Bmanoletters » Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:41 pm

Truth is revealed in a matter of the highest importance and greatest controversy, at long last! And money, a great sum of money paid, thanks to the involuntary largess of Madison's taxpaying citizen chumps. All the lengthy stonewalling in cases such as this - we've seen it time and again - are strictly due to our "good city's" major mayoral malfunction; our cretinous county's prosecutorial prevarication; multiple institutions' bureaucratic bone-headedness - rising up, up, up... to the level of state government obfuscation; the many insidious inspectors' institutional insincerity; that long-simmering, systemic malfeasance by dissembling detectives; and the fetid, foul fealty of certain crude, crustacean-like cops.... who slavishly serve with distinctive dishonor.... the Madison Police Department!
"Madison settles Tony Robinson lawsuit for record $3.35 million;
Plaintiffs say evidence shows Officer Matt Kenny's account was false:"

http://isthmus.com/news/news/madison-se ... n-lawsuit/

The One
Forum Addict

Re: Tony Robinson Died; Killer Cop Matt Kenny Lied; Madison's Munificent Residents Paid!

Postby The One » Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:12 pm

What new evidence has been revealed by this settlement?

Shorty
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Tony Robinson Died; Killer Cop Matt Kenny Lied; Madison's Munificent Residents Paid!

Postby Shorty » Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:44 pm

Better title than mine: viewtopic.php?f=36&t=65332

IU2Bmanoletters
Forum Addict

Postby IU2Bmanoletters » Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:12 pm

The One wrote:What new evidence has been revealed by this settlement?

Read the article re: the $3.5 million settlement - even though the plaintiffs' claims will doubtless NOT rise to an acceptable level of evidence for YOU, "The One." So I'll just lapse into some deep historical background instead....

1. You may not have lived here at the time, but ALREADY, in 1988, Dane Country Sheriff's Department personnel (almost certainly) attacked and asphyxiated Rene Campos in the Dane County Jail. Maybe, however, you DID reside here; and due to the unconditional support you maintain toward your local sheriff's office, you actually believed the FICTION that Mr. Campos committed suicide... by swallowing his own shirt!

2. In 1994, Madison Police Officer Paul Smith chased down a marginalized Marielito named Alipio Pena Avila to the railroad crossing in the middle of Lake Monona, and shot the Cuban Refugee to death, claiming later that Pena Avila attempted to choke him and hit him with a large rock. This although the arrested man was handcuffed behind his back at the time of his execution.
But perhaps you didn't object - maybe you didn't live here back then. Or maybe you did live in the Lake City, but because you UNCONDITIONALLY support the very "Progressive" MPD - you remained silent. Silent, since MPD can do no wrong in your mind - no matter WHO they beat or kill, for offenses real or imagined, major or piddling. Just an hypothesis, nothing more on my part....

3. Who among us - myself for instance, who is proudly and loudly obsessed with the fascinating matter of local police violence - will ever forget THIS strategic payoff, intended to shield Madison Officer Steven Heimsness, yes, THAT one, of whom we were to hear much, much more six short years later.... but again, you may not have made the "Mad City" your home in 2006, or even in 2010, when this article was published.
"City of Madison paid off man injured by cops
Witness called 911 to report that Madison police stomped, beat and 'almost killed' suspect in bar assault
by BILL LUEDERS AUGUST 19, 2010:"
http://isthmus.com/news/news/city-of-ma ... d-by-cops/

4. I'm kind of counting on you, "The One," to remember the following rather contentious matter, which resulted in what at the time was a SIGNIFICANT amount of money being awarded to Paul Heenan's survivors. Although, as you may recall, the murderous officer Heimsness was exonerated. No wrong-doing, no wrong-doing at all; but perhaps just the teenyist, the "eeny-meany-mineyist" hint of CONTRADICTION and COVER-UP....!?!!?!?
"Madison agrees to pay $2.3 million to settle Paul Heenan lawsuit
BRYNA GODAR | The Capital Times | bgodar@madison.com Aug 11, 2015:"
http://host.madison.com/ct/news/local/g ... 146e2.html

Finally, don't worry, I will NOT bring up the Genele Laird incident that occurred at East Towne Mall in 2016. I PROMISE! Y'all have suffered enough already, fer chrissakes!

fflambeau
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fflambeau » Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:31 pm

Thank the clueless lawyer who is the appointed head of city's attorneys for this settlement.

They should have fought it, they would have won.

Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:46 pm

The settlement was made by the city's insurance carrier. Now try again.

gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gargantua » Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:35 pm

What the fuck does all the past crap that Mano dredged up have to do with this. specific.case?
Attorney May was correct. The anonymous poster who has a grudge against him is wrong. As usual.

you must be joking
Forum God/Goddess

Postby you must be joking » Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:34 am

IU2Bmanoletters,

Here's the question I have in all of this. As it turns out there is evidence including the testimony of Tony Robinson's uncle, that Tony had purchased and ate a substantial amount of mushrooms from a friend on the day he died.

His uncle says that he does not believe that the injestion of mushrooms were in any way related to Tony's death.

I say bullshit!

I say that the person who sold Tony the mushrooms is responsible for Tony's death.

Period, end of story!

On that night, Tony could have met his death in any number of ways. He could have just as easily been hit and killed by a car on Willy street.

If Tony had ran out into traffic and had been hit and killed by a car on Willy street would anyone charge the driver of the car with Tony's death considering that Tony was tripping his brains out at the time, the answer would be NO!

In that case, if we knew who sold Tony the mushrooms before he got hit and killed by a car, would we charge the person who sold him the mushrooms with his death? Hell yes.

So the real question here is, who sold Tony the mushrooms?

A number of people in Wisconsin have been charged with the death of others who died as a result of using the drugs they were sold.

As a portion of an article in the Alternet points out:
"......In Wisconsin, prosecutors indicted 71 people for first-degree "drug delivery reckless homicide" charges in 2013, up from 47 in 2012. At the time of the mid-2014 report from the Wisconsin Media Investigate Team, another 36 people had been indicted that year....."

http://www.alternet.org/drugs/overdose-murder-new-war-drug-dealers

To the person who sold Tony the mushrooms, you sir or mam are the person who murdered Tony.

I'm guessing the only reason you haven't been charged is that the cops don't know who you are, or as a result political maelstrom caused by Tony's death at the hands of the Madison Police, you won't be charged.

But ultimately the drugs you sold Tony put him in the place where he was that night. The drugs you sold him.

This is something, not that you probably give a shit, that you will have to live with for the rest of your life.

gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gargantua » Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:45 am

I seem to recall reading quite awhile ago that police do know who it was. It was pretty vague, intentionally so I suspect.

jonnygothispen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jonnygothispen » Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:12 am

You can also blame the gun culture, developed by the NRA and their lackeys in Congress, that has created a situation where the police are justifiably paranoid that literally anyone could be carrying.

In the end, hell of a tragedy.

Roy
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Roy » Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:14 am

jonnygothispen wrote:You can also blame the gun culture, developed by the NRA and their lackeys in Congress, that has created a situation where the police are justifiably paranoid that literally anyone could be carrying.

Heck yes. Lets blame anyone but the perpetrator.

jonnygothispen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jonnygothispen » Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:51 am

I would say there's a partial responsibility for all who were directly involved: The Shroom dealer; Officer Kenny's to quick judgement that led to the use of excessive force, & the gun culture that no doubt prompted Kenny's reaction; Tony's friends. But you're right, Roy. Ultimately, it's Tony's fault for taking the shrooms then reacting violently. The idea is in asking "How do we stop it from happening again?" There will always be kids/young adults who make bad decisions, but what's our responsibility here, and how do we change it?

david cohen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby david cohen » Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:50 pm

The above discussion is why this was a tragedy and not a murder. It would seem to me that had this gone to trial, the varying degrees of contributory negligence parceled out (Tony, the drug dealer, his friends, his family, Officer Kenny) would have made things very complex. Just another reminder that the world isn't black and white, it's grey, and life is a precious commodity.

HawkHead
Forum God/Goddess

Postby HawkHead » Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:54 pm

Roy wrote:
jonnygothispen wrote:You can also blame the gun culture, developed by the NRA and their lackeys in Congress, that has created a situation where the police are justifiably paranoid that literally anyone could be carrying.

Heck yes. Lets blame anyone but the perpetrator.

Once again it goes right over your head.

Bwis53
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Bwis53 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:30 pm

david cohen wrote:The above discussion is why this was a tragedy and not a murder. It would seem to me that had this gone to trial, the varying degrees of contributory negligence parceled out (Tony, the drug dealer, his friends, his family, Officer Kenny) would have made things very complex. Just another reminder that the world isn't black and white, it's grey, and life is a precious commodity.
And Tony's family did not want to sit on the witness stand.

Return to “Local Politics & Government”