#Resist Meetups

Please limit discussion in this area to local and state politics.
Shorty
Forum God/Goddess

Re: #Resist Meetups

Postby Shorty » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:19 am

Networking Site Meetup Has Offered to Coordinate the Trump Resistance
http://time.com/4706278/meetup-trump-re ... -movement/

"The New York-based networking site will unveil plans in the coming days to partner with a labor group — under the guidance of a former Hillary Clinton aide — to coordinate protests among more than 120,000 activists already involved with anti-Trump Meetup groups."

Shorty
Forum God/Goddess

Re: #Resist Meetups

Postby Shorty » Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:22 pm

Now meetup is promoting Unity Circles.

"This one is perfect to bring the kids! #WeBelongTogether Unity Circle templates just went LIVE. Here's a guide for hosting a Circle in your community.

Here's a message from Leah, an 11 year old in Miami,FL, USA: "I love painting, dancing, pizza, spaghetti, and my sister. I’m going to Washington to fight for my mom because she has a deportation order. I want to tell the President to please keep families together because families matter. I really love my family, they always make me feel better and they take really good care of me. I hope the deportation stops so I don’t have to be worried anymore."

In February, Leah and her friends urged local elected officials in Miami, Florida to protect immigrant families like hers from raids, deportations, and hate. But they gave in to the Trump Administration and turned their backs on Leah and thousands of families like hers.

Since local grown-ups wouldn’t stand up for them, Leah and her friends decided to take their message straight to Trump. Last week, Leah and dozens of other children from South Florida boarded a bus to bring their message of hope and courage to the White House, ending a week-long caravan in a beautiful circle, standing up together against hate.

Now, it's our turn. Schedule a Unity Circle in your #Resist group right now to join Leah and her friends to show kids in our communities aren’t afraid to stand up for what’s right too. Call upon local leaders to stand strong against Trump’s bullying and say no to policies that threaten our kids, our communities, and our democracy. Click here for the full guide to host a Circle."

https://docs.google.com/document/d/15Hy ... XrDpg/edit

Return to “Local Politics & Government”