Legal marijuana in Wisconsin?

Please limit discussion in this area to local and state politics.
gozer
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Legal marijuana in Wisconsin?

Postby gozer » Tue Jul 19, 2016 3:29 pm

most of the republicans, and other fuckkunckles like joe manchin? they know that people take drugs because drugs make people feel better, even really rippin great and that's the issue for them -- it's the same thing as "illicit" sex and even "corrupting" music. again: why do the losers get to make the rules for people? they haven't tolerated that in other spheres. some folks seem to like others to be in pain just coz they're fucken sadists, apparently.

the unscientific division into "hard" and "soft" drugs has created so many problems, and with the pot folks even throwing drinkers under the bus in some cases it is almost enough for me to wish some potholes in the road for them to knock some sense into ithem, for example some moderately close plebiscite losses . . . almost.

bolivian marching powder is either safe as caffeine or closer to arsenic for various folks apparently based on some dose and frequency point-of-no-return and/or threshold factor and perhaps other things like inherited, determined, or acquired endocrine or immunological factors -- science would be closer to finding out what they were, were it not for the federal government looking over their shoulder like they do. and centrally acting analgesics? says who? says corrupt or dumb people. now firms in europe and east asia are examining morphine and hydromorphone and oxymorphone and a score of their cousins as treatments for refractory depression, o c d and other related matters . . . of course, this was a treatment used in the form of op and miss emma and codeine and friends by doctors from the neolithic up until the 1960s in most areas . . . mainly because it apparently worked . . .

penquin
Forum God/Goddess

Postby penquin » Tue Jul 19, 2016 3:53 pm

gargantua wrote:It's not too much to ask if you're a one-issue voter.

There are issues that are important enough to draw a line in the sand. For some, it's abortion. For others, its taxes. For many, the only issue that matters is if there is a "D" or an "R" after the name.

Don't get me wrong - it ain't a rubber-stamp for me, rather it's a deal-breaker. Trump could say he'd re-legalize it and that wouldn't be enough to just jump on his bandwagon. But I surely would take a look at him far more seriously than a candidate that thinks marijuana is more dangerous than cocaine. (Seriously, how can anyone who knows anything about those two substances even respect, let alone vote for, someone who beleives as such? That's either just plain ignorance or flat-out evil...and I don't want either in any elected official, let alone President.)

Anywhos....do you not have any deal-breakers when it comes to casting a vote? Not even things that could personally affect you?

It's especially galling seeing folks who toke-up themselves actively supporting a candidate who wants to see 'em punished...no wonder Obama literally laughed at the idea of re-legalizing cannabis. He (and the rest of the leadership) knows most of ya are gonna carry water for the party regardless of what they do...so why should they upset their deep-pocketed donors by making any changes in that regard?

gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gargantua » Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:18 pm

Yup. I'm 63 so I'm pretty damn interested in Social Security and Medicare. This election, my primary concern is the composition of the Supreme Court.
I think the cannabis issue is gradually being addressed, and when a critical mass of states legalize,the Feds could come around quite quickly.

Bwis53
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Bwis53 » Sat Aug 06, 2016 11:41 am

Bump...

puppy training...

penquin
Forum God/Goddess

Postby penquin » Sat Aug 06, 2016 11:52 am

The difference between Bwis53 and Henry Vilas (sic) is....?

Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:13 pm

Democrats in the Wisconsin Legislature are circulating a bill to legalize medical marijuana.

The proposal by state Sen. Jon Erpenbach and Rep. Chris Taylor comes after Republican Assembly Speaker Robin Vos said he would be open to the idea. Republicans have typically been against any attempts to legalize marijuana.

Republican Senate Majority Leader Scott Fitzgerald says he is against medical marijuana. And Gov. Scott Walker also says he opposes it.

Since Walker has the veto power, I doubt if this becomes law.

PaleoLiberal
Forum God/Goddess

Postby PaleoLiberal » Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:15 pm

Henry Vilas wrote:
Democrats in the Wisconsin Legislature are circulating a bill to legalize medical marijuana.

The proposal by state Sen. Jon Erpenbach and Rep. Chris Taylor comes after Republican Assembly Speaker Robin Vos said he would be open to the idea. Republicans have typically been against any attempts to legalize marijuana.

Republican Senate Majority Leader Scott Fitzgerald says he is against medical marijuana. And Gov. Scott Walker also says he opposes it.

Since Walker has the veto power, I doubt if this becomes law.

Sad, but true.

Appearing tough on drugs is far more important than a sane drug policy.

Cadfael
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Cadfael » Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:22 pm

PaleoLiberal wrote:Appearing tough on drugs is far more important than a sane drug policy.

Personally I think the most important factor is the law enforcement/prison supply companies and the drug "rehab" organizations who run overwhelming numbers of patients through underpaid staff on a bare bones budget for huge profits, but definitely appearances is another important factor.

Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:05 pm

The state Senate has overwhelmingly approved a bill that would make it legal to use a marijuana extract to treat seizures.

The measure legalizes possession of cannabidiol oil with a doctor's certification. The chamber adopted the bill on a 31-1 vote Wednesday. Republican Sen. Duey Stroebel was the only senator to vote against it.

Parents of children who suffer from seizures say cannabidiol oil, which doesn't produce a high, can ease symptoms.

Democratic Sen. Chris Larson argued the bill doesn't go far enough, pointing out that importing the oil into Wisconsin would remain illegal. He tried to amend the bill to allow production of the oil in the state but Republicans refused to revise the measure.

So let me get this straight. The bill would allow use, but access would still be illegal.

Not even a baby step.

gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gargantua » Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:09 pm

They've really turned our state into a backwater, in almost all respects. It's really very sad.

jonnygothispen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jonnygothispen » Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:28 pm

If 50 states correlate, profits go down $18.5 B on Junior's pharma...

https://ushealthnote.com/2017/09/18/sho ... marijuana/

Return to “Local Politics & Government”