Legal marijuana in Wisconsin?

Please limit discussion in this area to local and state politics.
zippery
Forum Addict

Re: Legal marijuana in Wisconsin?

Postby zippery » Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:32 am

Party at HV's house. Make sure to stock up on Doritos brah.

rabble
Forum God/Goddess

Postby rabble » Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:17 pm

Hey look! Someone talked about legalizing pot! We've got to marginalize the issue and disenfranchise the speaker.

Make a stoner joke, quick!

DCB
Forum God/Goddess

Postby DCB » Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:30 pm

rabble wrote:Hey look! Someone talked about legalizing pot! We've got to marginalize the issue and disenfranchise the speaker.

Make a stoner joke, quick!
Ha ha.

Now let's all get back to the serious work of create world's largest penal colony.

snoqueen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby snoqueen » Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:52 pm

The Monona law might essentially legalize the back yard grower who puts a few plants among the squash and tomatoes. In addition, it might legalize the exchange of seeds. That all seems sensible.

jman111
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jman111 » Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:59 pm

snoqueen wrote:The Monona law might essentially legalize the back yard grower who puts a few plants among the squash and tomatoes.

Not likely. Plants are usually considered for their potential to create finished product. I've seen charges for possession of 1lb/plant, even if the plants are only little sprouts. I suspect an overzealous prosecutor may charge similarly for individual seeds.

penquin
Forum God/Goddess

Postby penquin » Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:10 am

It'd be nice if Monona (or any city) did such a thing, but nothing will really change until we make some serious changes in the White House. As the past three Presidents have shown, it doesn't matter what the local people want: the Fed's will still raid your house, kill your pets, seize your property, and destroy your garden....regardless of what local law says.

ttt3
Forum Addict

Postby ttt3 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:28 am

Not sure if people are aware, but Madison already has an ordinance like this: http://www.madisonnorml.org/ordinance.html

I believe it's been on the books since 1977. Basically, so long as the MPD officer isn't a dick, i.e. chooses to enforce this local ordinance (and not the state law), marijuana is basically legal to posess in a private place, and is the equivalent of a traffic ticket in a non-private one.

jman111
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jman111 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:38 am

ttt3 wrote:Basically, so long as the MPD officer isn't a dick, i.e. chooses to enforce this local ordinance (and not the state law)...

Therein lies the rub.

Madsci
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Madsci » Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:09 pm

I really, really, really, really, don't want to rub the dick. Just pass the joint...
You made me go there.

Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:31 pm

Poll: Strong majority of Wisconsinites want legal marijuana

The poll asked registered voters: “When it comes to marijuana, some people think that the drug should be fully legalized and regulated like alcohol. Do you agree or disagree with that view?”

Fifty-nine percent of respondents said they agreed, while 39 percent disagreed.

Gentle Man
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Gentle Man » Thu Jul 14, 2016 1:02 pm

jonnygothispen wrote: FOX viewing leads to uncontrolled anger, bullying others, delusional thinking, and an inability to think and reason using the principles of logic putting an unnecessary burden on the rest of society.

It's hilarious that Jonny picks Fox News to be his personal scapegoat.

Gentle Man
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Gentle Man » Thu Jul 14, 2016 1:05 pm

Henry Vilas wrote:Poll: Strong majority of Wisconsinites want legal marijuana

The poll asked registered voters: “When it comes to marijuana, some people think that the drug should be fully legalized and regulated like alcohol. Do you agree or disagree with that view?”

Fifty-nine percent of respondents said they agreed, while 39 percent disagreed.

Really it needs to be legalized at the federal level too, or big problems remain.

jonnygothispen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jonnygothispen » Thu Jul 14, 2016 1:24 pm

Gentle Man wrote: It's hilarious that Jonny picks Fox News to be his personal scapegoat.
Cause and effect. When you have a popular media outlet that focuses on making people emotional and angry in a spcific way, and constantly lies to do this, obviously that has an effect on a society.

Why am I not surprised that lying doesn't offend you?

Gentle Man
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Gentle Man » Fri Jul 15, 2016 12:52 pm

jonnygothispen wrote:
Gentle Man wrote: It's hilarious that Jonny picks Fox News to be his personal scapegoat.
Cause and effect. When you have a popular media outlet that focuses on making people emotional and angry in a spcific way, and constantly lies to do this, obviously that has an effect on a society.

Why am I not surprised that lying doesn't offend you?

Why am I not surprised that you didn't understand my post? You must be a Fox News hard-core addict, given the effect you claim it has on people.

jonnygothispen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jonnygothispen » Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:46 pm

Fox is my "personal scapegoat?" Is every obeservation a "personal scapegoat" to you, or just the ones you disagree with?

I'm offended by people who lie. FOX lies... a lot. You're offended by someone who made that observation. So you're either offended by the truth, or you support the lies FOX tells.

Return to “Local Politics & Government”