Walker incompetent, irresponsible

Please limit discussion in this area to local and state politics.
Cadfael
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 2330
Joined: Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:46 am

Re: Walker incompetent, irresponsible

Postby Cadfael » Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:20 pm

Roy wrote:

Right. And of course it is because he has so ill-served the state that they keep re-electing him.

Yeah that part had me puzzled too. Then Trump happened and I understood a little better.

Roy
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 7042
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2005 11:31 pm

Re: Walker incompetent, irresponsible

Postby Roy » Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:24 pm

Cadfael wrote:
Roy wrote:

Right. And of course it is because he has so ill-served the state that they keep re-electing him.

Yeah that part had me puzzled too. Then Trump happened and I understood a little better.

Well, if you really understand better, you realize that the reason is because you are of the minority opinion. :mrgreen:

Cadfael
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 2330
Joined: Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:46 am

Re: Walker incompetent, irresponsible

Postby Cadfael » Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:29 pm

Roy wrote:
Cadfael wrote:
Roy wrote:Right. And of course it is because he has so ill-served the state that they keep re-electing him.

Yeah that part had me puzzled too. Then Trump happened and I understood a little better.

Well, if you really understand better, you realize that the reason is because you are of the minority opinion. :mrgreen:

That was true about Walker, I'm not at all certain that's the way it is now. If you're talking about Trump, you are incorrect. He got the most electors but I'm in the majority who wanted Clinton.

(I am curious about how you think you and your fellow Trumpies would react if the electoral college went faithless, but not curious enough to start a thread about it.)

gozer
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 4595
Joined: Sat Oct 26, 2002 1:35 pm
Location: everywhere
Contact:

Re: Walker incompetent, irresponsible

Postby gozer » Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:44 pm

what is it with walker and poor people? he seems to have a hard-on for picking on them and especially those rendered poor by sickness and/or senior citizen status, the former definitely so . . . . most assuredly not the group of folks who are most able to fight back effectively . . .

it looks like he is a little bit incompetent at being dangerous, but nowhere near enough, given his 0 per cent early in the republican primaries for president of the united states . . .

Cadfael
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 2330
Joined: Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:46 am

Re: Walker incompetent, irresponsible

Postby Cadfael » Sun Dec 11, 2016 12:07 am

gozer wrote:what is it with walker and poor people? he seems to have a hard-on for picking on them and especially those rendered poor by sickness and/or senior citizen status, the former definitely so . . . . most assuredly not the group of folks who are most able to fight back effectively . . .

But apparently quite a few of them wanted him to do these things because part of his vote had to have come from that group.

jonnygothispen
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 7312
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:53 pm
Location: location, location

Re: Walker incompetent, irresponsible

Postby jonnygothispen » Sun Dec 11, 2016 6:12 am

... it's obvious that people like having someone to blame. They seem to think that poor people make policy, & that taking $9 billion from food stamps etal will make up for the $5 trillion wasted on unnecessary wars, or the trillions redistributed to-the-top via the tax code/low wage system created by the rich.

Watching folks like Roy debate reminds me of sheep jumping off a cliff while so drunk on their talking pints that even after they crash land, they still blame the same straw men for it. And hence, are headed for another cliff to jump off of.

Cadfael
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 2330
Joined: Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:46 am

Re: Walker incompetent, irresponsible

Postby Cadfael » Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:45 am

jonnygothispen wrote: talking pints

Hah. I know that's a typo but it calls up images of guzzling kool aid and jumping off cliffs while simultaneously ranting at everyone who isn't jumping that they're swilling Cool Aid.

Roy
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 7042
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2005 11:31 pm

Re: Walker incompetent, irresponsible

Postby Roy » Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:22 am

Cadfael wrote:That was true about Walker, I'm not at all certain that's the way it is now. If you're talking about Trump, you are incorrect. He got the most electors but I'm in the majority who wanted Clinton.

If the Constitution is changed to elect by popular vote I will concede to you on that point. However, we use the electoral college, so you are wrong. :)

DCB
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 4932
Joined: Fri Jun 20, 2008 5:08 pm

Re: Walker incompetent, irresponsible

Postby DCB » Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:06 pm


They make some good points, but I can't agree with their conclusion. Brownbackistan (the state formerly known as Kanas) is even more of a basket case than Wississippi.

Cadfael
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 2330
Joined: Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:46 am

Re: Walker incompetent, irresponsible

Postby Cadfael » Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:16 pm

Roy wrote:
Cadfael wrote:That was true about Walker, I'm not at all certain that's the way it is now. If you're talking about Trump, you are incorrect. He got the most electors but I'm in the majority who wanted Clinton.

If the Constitution is changed to elect by popular vote I will concede to you on that point. However, we use the electoral college, so you are wrong. :)

The electoral college means you win anyway, despite being in the minority. It makes you the winner but I'm not in the minority opinion as you claim. You are. You used the electoral college (plus vote suppression, plus a theft by a foreign power) to steal an election that you lost by millions of votes.

Roy
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 7042
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2005 11:31 pm

Re: Walker incompetent, irresponsible

Postby Roy » Sun Dec 11, 2016 2:38 pm

Cadfael wrote:
Roy wrote:
Cadfael wrote:That was true about Walker, I'm not at all certain that's the way it is now. If you're talking about Trump, you are incorrect. He got the most electors but I'm in the majority who wanted Clinton.

If the Constitution is changed to elect by popular vote I will concede to you on that point. However, we use the electoral college, so you are wrong. :)

The electoral college means you win anyway, despite being in the minority. It makes you the winner but I'm not in the minority opinion as you claim. You are. You used the electoral college (plus vote suppression, plus a theft by a foreign power) to steal an election that you lost by millions of votes.

Can you not read? I did not say you were in the minority, I said you were wrong. You still are wrong, and are almost always wrong. Sheesh!

Cadfael
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 2330
Joined: Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:46 am

Re: Walker incompetent, irresponsible

Postby Cadfael » Sun Dec 11, 2016 2:51 pm

Roy, you don't have to respond of course but you should know I'm going to keep this one around so I can quote it every time you start getting a little too big for your britches. I realize you've got a lot going on and are apparently having a difficult time, occasionally, keeping things straight but you should at least realize you're capable of being absolutely and completely wrong sometimes. So be prepared to see this in other threads now and then.
Sun Dec 11, 2016 3:38 pm:
Roy wrote:Can you not read? I did not say you were in the minority, I said you were wrong. You still are wrong, and are almost always wrong. Sheesh!

This is from Sun Dec 11, 2016 12:24 am:
Roy wrote:Well, if you really understand better, you realize that the reason is because you are of the minority opinion. :mrgreen:
Last edited by Cadfael on Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

jonnygothispen
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 7312
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:53 pm
Location: location, location

Re: Walker incompetent, irresponsible

Postby jonnygothispen » Sun Dec 11, 2016 3:05 pm

It's just another F-Roy-dian slip...

HawkHead
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 2134
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:29 pm

Re: Walker incompetent, irresponsible

Postby HawkHead » Sun Dec 11, 2016 3:09 pm

Cadfael wrote:
Roy wrote:Can you not read? I did not say you were in the minority, I said you were wrong. You still are wrong, and are almost always wrong. Sheesh!

This is from Sun Dec 11, 2016 12:24 am:
Roy wrote:Well, if you really understand better, you realize that the reason is because you are of the minority opinion. :mrgreen:


Gesh, Sandi/Roy it is even on the same page.

Stop being an asshole an apologize.

jonnygothispen
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 7312
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:53 pm
Location: location, location

Re: Walker incompetent, irresponsible

Postby jonnygothispen » Sun Dec 11, 2016 3:12 pm

Cadfael wrote:
jonnygothispen wrote: talking pints

Hah. I know that's a typo but it calls up images of guzzling kool aid and jumping off cliffs while simultaneously ranting at everyone who isn't jumping that they're swilling Cool Aid.
Exactly, :)


Return to “Local Politics & Government”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 8 guests