Sue Ellingson resigns

Please limit discussion in this area to local and state politics.
gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Sue Ellingson resigns

Postby gargantua » Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:22 am

Ken Golden is certainly qualified, but didn't he quit the council due to not being able to reconcile the time commitment with other things going on in his life at the time? Or am I misremembering that? I wouldn't say that's disqualifying, but the council should certainly discuss it with him if they want to appoint him. As I recall, he was a good alder.

Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:30 am

gargantua wrote:Ken Golden is certainly qualified, but didn't he quit the council due to not being able to reconcile the time commitment with other things going on in his life at the time? Or am I misremembering that?

That's the way I remember it too. And he wasn't representing the 13th at the time. Maybe because of redistricting or a move into the district, he now lives within it's bounds. Hopefully he now has the time to put in full meetings if he is appointed.

snoqueen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby snoqueen » Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:52 am

Maybe he's retired by now and has all the time in the world.

I am amazed how many people want this relatively thankless job for a short and limited time and wonder why they want it. It's nice in one way and baffling in another.

I am Jack's PO Box

Postby I am Jack's PO Box » Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:43 pm

snoqueen wrote:Maybe he's retired by now and has all the time in the world.

I am amazed how many people want this relatively thankless job for a short and limited time and wonder why they want it. It's nice in one way and baffling in another.

+1

And yet, there is enough interest that a couple of people who applied have already dropped out.

Also, sno's speculation about Golden mentioned is correct; he mentioned in his application that he is now retired from his state job.

Resumes from all the applicants are on the city's Legister account:
https://madison.legistar.com/View.ashx?M=A&ID=305585&GUID=C8DDFF72-9879-4AEE-91B6-0CFEA8625D9F.

Gentle Man
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Gentle Man » Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:07 pm

It's a hilarious Onion-like article on so many levels. I loved the "I'm not a pro-development guy... we just need more of it" statement at the end.

Detritus
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Detritus » Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:13 pm

Gentle Man wrote:

It's a hilarious Onion-like article on so many levels. I loved the "I'm not a pro-development guy... we just need more of it" statement at the end.

I.e., "Splunge!"

MPMay
Forum Addict

Postby MPMay » Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:17 pm

Dangerousman wrote:
Stu Levitan wrote:Marco, that's pretty harsh. Could you give an example or two of her being mean and nasty and what you consider her poor grasp of public policy? Thanks.

I think my example qualifies as an example of nastiness. In terms of poor grasp of public policy she shares that in common with the entire city council and the mayor. Too bad we won't be able to see that smug self-rightious look on her face disappear after Madison Metro loses in court.

Sorry to bump this old thread, but I thought it was the best way to note that, so far, so good:

http://host.madison.com/wsj/news/local/ ... 0c5b0.html

Return to “Local Politics & Government”