Walker: forget the kids, donate their X-mas $s to him!

Please limit discussion in this area to local and state politics.
Steve Vokers
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Walker: forget the kids, donate their X-mas $s to him!

Postby Steve Vokers » Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:58 pm

Rich Schultz wrote:Walker fires his mistakes, meanwhile Kathleen Sebelius still has a job.

Because of the excessive use of filibusters, Obama didn't dare fire her (or any of his cabinet members) because he'd never get anyone confirmed by the Senate to replace her.

Now that they've changed the filibuster rules, I fully expect that she'll be gone early next year.

Shorty
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Shorty » Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:38 pm

“Instead of electronics or toys that will undoubtedly be outdated, broken, or lost by the next Holiday Season, help give your children the gift of a Wisconsin that we can all be proud of,” the email read.

Wow Walker sounds anti-business. I thought he wanted people to buy stuff to help big business? Best Buy and Toys R Us won't be happy with this.

But I have to admit I agree with him. it is sickening how much people spend on gadgets and toys that will undoubtedly be outdated, broken, or lost by the next Holiday Season.

jonnygothispen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jonnygothispen » Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:47 pm

While perusing the "Free" stuff on Craigslist during the protest, I saw a "Walker with Mickey Mouse handles" listed from a small Wi town, so I replied, "Why are you giving him away?" and she replied, "I tried to give him away in Madison, but nobody wanted him..."

Oh well...

Return to “Local Politics & Government”