Wray wants Heimsness fired -- but not for shooting Heenan

Please limit discussion in this area to local and state politics.
Detritus
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Wray wants Heimsness fired -- but not for shooting Heena

Postby Detritus » Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:35 am

snoqueen wrote:I thought hipsters, if they were political at all, leaned libertarian.

No, hipsters do have political beliefs, but they're pretty obscure. I'm not surprised you never heard of them.

Ryanwiz

Postby Ryanwiz » Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:55 am

Detritus wrote:
snoqueen wrote:I thought hipsters, if they were political at all, leaned libertarian.

No, hipsters do have political beliefs, but they're pretty obscure. I'm not surprised you never heard of them.

Mostly foreign remixes on short-run vinyl.

penquin
Forum God/Goddess

Postby penquin » Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:02 am

Stu Levitan wrote:How many times in the past five years has PFC reduced the proposed discipline? Out of how many cases?

Don't be trying to confuse anyone with actual facts&examples. Each&every organization in Madison is obviously pro-union. And of course it is true...'cause not only did Vicki say so on the radio, but a local law professor also said so on her blog. And everyone knows ya can't put it on the radio AND the internet without it being true.

:roll:

(Seriously, the way that the extremists are trying to turn this into an example of "Unions Suck!!" is disgusting. Trying to blame organized labor for this situation is like blaming Judy for the rapes at Epic.)

bcs89
Forum Addict

Postby bcs89 » Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:54 am

Detritus wrote:

that's some serious funny right there..

:lol:

jonnygothispen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jonnygothispen » Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:07 pm

swimmingupstream wrote:
Sure, but that works both ways. All of the posts yesterday was that Noble Wray should have fired Heimsness a long time ago while completely ignoring the role his union played.
Let me guess, you're for the union of corporate interests that control Walker and is screwing Wisconsin in the ass?

If that's the case, what you meant to say is that it works "one way," yours, right?

jonnygothispen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jonnygothispen » Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:09 pm

penquin wrote:Don't be trying to confuse anyone with actual facts&examples. Each&every organization in Madison is obviously pro-union. And of course it is true...'cause not only did Vicki say so on the radio, but a local law professor also said so on her blog. And everyone knows ya can't put it on the radio AND the internet without it being true.

:roll:

(Seriously, the way that the extremists are trying to turn this into an example of "Unions Suck!!" is disgusting. Trying to blame organized labor for this situation is like blaming Judy for the rapes at Epic.)
... perhaps SUS is just subtly advocating for a "...more perfect Union" in the spirit of our founding fathers.

... and if it wasn't for that dam "leftist hipster" side of Scot-Tea who saved the police unions...

Ninja
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ninja » Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:52 pm

bdog wrote:The other thing I've always wondered...were Walter's posts here "authorized" by MPD? He went into internal police stuff from time to time. Maybe he's been a thorn in Wray's (and perhaps others) sides and this is a good time to try to jettison him.

Was this guy really the cop who posted as Walter here? That shit cray.

lukpac
Forum God/Goddess

Postby lukpac » Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:08 pm

Ninja wrote:
bdog wrote:The other thing I've always wondered...were Walter's posts here "authorized" by MPD? He went into internal police stuff from time to time. Maybe he's been a thorn in Wray's (and perhaps others) sides and this is a good time to try to jettison him.

Was this guy really the cop who posted as Walter here? That shit cray.

I don't think bdog was saying Walter was/is Heimsness, but rather was trying to compare their behavior, saying Wray was using it as an excuse to fire Heimsness.

At least, that's how I read it.

bdog
Forum God/Goddess

Postby bdog » Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:09 pm

Walter is SH is what I meant.

I think that's pretty common knowledge, especially after Adam Schabow had him on a Rants without Pants.

Ninja
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ninja » Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:00 pm

bdog wrote:Walter is SH is what I meant.

I think that's pretty common knowledge, especially after Adam Schabow had him on a Rants without Pants.

It was a dumb jump at the time but that's the first cop my mind went to after this happened. I was stunned by his "meh, I just get away with as much as I can" response to a question I asked here a long time about a relatively simple traffic situation in which cops and civilians are both acting stupid. His response followed several confrontations I've had with Madison cops and cemented my opinion of Wray's force in general, but it also really made me think that he was a cowboy. Something about the tone of it, or the overall disinterest in the actual law.

jonnygothispen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jonnygothispen » Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:09 pm

In my mind, taking on the responsibility of becoming a Police Officer is the toughest job there is... I don't think I can understand how difficult it is to be repeatedly thrust into often violent domestic situations and have to be the "man" on a weekly/daily basis. I imagine the frustration alone would drive me crazy (crazier than I already am). I don't want to pretend I can understand it well. I can only get glimpses of it.

I've also seen what bad cops do quite a bit more, I think, than most people, unfortunately for me. That was pretty obvious from the jury I was on a month ago. I know that some cops coerce others already in trouble with da law to lie under oath in unrelated cases to get convictions, not to mention multiple "embellishments" and outright lies on Police reports and in court testimony. Do you think they want to go to court and have any doubt cast on their case? nah, so they often embellish and sometimes lie. That's just the way it is. The main thing I'm left with from all that is that I won't take the officer's side just because he wears a uniform, whereas most people will.

I think it's a good system overall, but I try to keep in mind that cops are people too and subject to the same defects as everyone else.

jonnygothispen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jonnygothispen » Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:46 pm

It's also pretty interesting that the media used a short-haired, straight-laced looking picture of Steve Heimsness in the original stories, and are using a long-haired, hippie picture now...

snoqueen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby snoqueen » Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:43 pm

Best possible outcome for everyone: former officer Heimsness, the Department, and Chief Wray.

I feel grateful it's come down this way.

Lee B

Postby Lee B » Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:49 pm

Not the best outcome for the Heenan family. I hope they sue the departments pants off.

Return to “Local Politics & Government”