CDA worker, homeless man save woman's life

Please limit discussion in this area to local and state politics.
Stu Levitan
Forum God/Goddess

CDA worker, homeless man save woman's life

Postby Stu Levitan » Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:21 pm

Stunning police reportabout a CDA worker and a homeless guy stopping a woman from committing suicide the other day. Yep, a bureaucrat and a homeless guy saved a woman's life (at serious risk to their own).

Stu Levitan
Forum God/Goddess

Re: CDA worker, homeless man save woman's life

Postby Stu Levitan » Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:48 pm

Actually, this the second time this week a city worker saved somebody's life. Earlier, a woman in Planning gave CPR to building inspector, brought him back from his heart attack.

Yep, we've got quite a City workforce.

Francis Di Domizio
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Francis Di Domizio » Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:32 pm

Stu Levitan wrote:Stunning police reportabout a CDA worker and a homeless guy stopping a woman from committing suicide the other day. Yep, a bureaucrat and a homeless guy saved a woman's life (at serious risk to their own).

Stu, I don't think it's intentional, but it kind of coming across that you think (or at least assume others would think) that a "bureaucrat and a homeless guy" saving someone's life is very unlikely or out of character.

In any event, great reaction by James and one hell of a heads up series of actions by the city of Madison employee in realizing the woman was about to make a horrible choice, and acting to prevent it.

rabble
Forum God/Goddess

Postby rabble » Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:47 pm

Francis Di Domizio wrote:Stu, I don't think it's intentional, but it kind of coming across that you think (or at least assume others would think) that a "bureaucrat and a homeless guy" saving someone's life is very unlikely or out of character.

Seems like I've been hearing a lot about lazy thieving homeless bums and union thugs around here.

Francis Di Domizio
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Francis Di Domizio » Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:58 pm

rabble wrote:
Francis Di Domizio wrote:Stu, I don't think it's intentional, but it kind of coming across that you think (or at least assume others would think) that a "bureaucrat and a homeless guy" saving someone's life is very unlikely or out of character.

Seems like I've been hearing a lot about lazy thieving homeless bums and union thugs around here.

from anyone who's opinion you respect?

rabble
Forum God/Goddess

Postby rabble » Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:04 pm

Francis Di Domizio wrote:
rabble wrote:

from anyone who's opinion you respect?

Well... no. But it's still fun to throw this in their faces.

Meade
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Meade » Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:04 pm

only his own.

snoqueen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby snoqueen » Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:45 pm

Some human drama ended well. We needed that and it speaks well of all involved.

As an aside, a nicely written incident report. Not sure if DeSpain writes them or the Officer in Charge of the shift.

Return to “Local Politics & Government”