Federal court to GOP: Make the computers available

Please limit discussion in this area to local and state politics.
david cohen
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 1610
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2006 12:48 pm

Re: Federal court to GOP: Make the computers available

Postby david cohen » Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:21 am

Ya know Sno, that's one way to shut down their fetid operation that masks as a "law firm"- take all the computers:)

Madsci
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 1126
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2007 7:47 pm

Re: Federal court to GOP: Make the computers available

Postby Madsci » Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:03 am

david cohen wrote:I guess Michael Best & Friedrich are above the law. Time for the citizens of this state to mete out our own brand of justice?


I would vote for honey and feathering. Tar is not green enough for me. We could have Meade fling his feces at them.
And at least disbar those MFers who call themselves lawyers but are truly the scum of the earth.

Stu Levitan
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 3479
Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2003 8:40 pm
Location: Studio B of the historic Abernathy Building
Contact:

Re: Federal court to GOP: Make the computers available

Postby Stu Levitan » Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:01 am

The most successful land use lawyer in Madison is MBF partner Bill White.

david cohen
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 1610
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2006 12:48 pm

Re: Federal court to GOP: Make the computers available

Postby david cohen » Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:32 am

Stu, as a lawyer, what do you think is the "best" way to fuck these guys? Press for sanctions to their law licenses for abuse of process? Complain to the bar? Contempt of federal court? It would seem to me that all of these remedies must be brought by a party to one of the cases.

Stu Levitan
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 3479
Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2003 8:40 pm
Location: Studio B of the historic Abernathy Building
Contact:

Re: Federal court to GOP: Make the computers available

Postby Stu Levitan » Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:10 pm

Dave, I don't know the process for citizen complaints. But I suspect that between Dems, Dem-friendly law firms, good government types, and the federal court itself, there will be plenty of complaints. I fully expect several attorneys to be suspended at the least, possibly disbarred. Would doubt any criminal prosecution, but I wouldn't rule it out.

Meade
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 3341
Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:26 pm
Contact:

Re: Federal court to GOP: Make the computers available

Postby Meade » Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:34 pm

david cohen wrote:Ya know Sno, that's one way to shut down their fetid operation that masks as a "law firm"- take all the computers:)
Madsci wrote:
david cohen wrote:I guess Michael Best & Friedrich are above the law. Time for the citizens of this state to mete out our own brand of justice?
I would vote for honey and feathering. Tar is not green enough for me. We could have Meade fling his feces at them.
And at least disbar those MFers who call themselves lawyers but are truly the scum of the earth.
david cohen wrote:Stu, as a lawyer, what do you think is the "best" way to fuck these guys?
Stu Levitan wrote:Dave, I don't know the process for citizen complaints. But I suspect that between Dems, Dem-friendly law firms, good government types, and the federal court itself, there will be plenty of complaints. I fully expect several attorneys to be suspended at the least, possibly disbarred. Would doubt any criminal prosecution, but I wouldn't rule it out.

You guys must make real Fascists proud.

david cohen
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 1610
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2006 12:48 pm

Re: Federal court to GOP: Make the computers available

Postby david cohen » Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:01 pm

Meade, you toss the salad for real fascists baby;)

Stu Levitan
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 3479
Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2003 8:40 pm
Location: Studio B of the historic Abernathy Building
Contact:

Re: Federal court to GOP: Make the computers available

Postby Stu Levitan » Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:46 am

Meade wrote:You guys must make real Fascists proud.


You really are some kind of asshole. You know that, right?

Meade
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 3341
Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:26 pm
Contact:

Re: Federal court to GOP: Make the computers available

Postby Meade » Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:26 am

Not really, Stu. A real asshole would find you and dave charming.

penquin
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 1056
Joined: Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:19 pm
Contact:

Re: Federal court to GOP: Make the computers available

Postby penquin » Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:07 am

So Meade would've been a Tory back in the day, eh?

Stu Levitan
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 3479
Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2003 8:40 pm
Location: Studio B of the historic Abernathy Building
Contact:

Re: Federal court to GOP: Make the computers available

Postby Stu Levitan » Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:14 am

Meade wrote:Not really, Stu. A real asshole would find you and dave charming.


Oh, snap!

david cohen
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 1610
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2006 12:48 pm

Re: Federal court to GOP: Make the computers available

Postby david cohen » Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:33 pm

I'd give Stu a big hug but facial hair does NOTHING for me;) However, I know it really arouses Larry!

DCB
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 3253
Joined: Fri Jun 20, 2008 5:08 pm

Re: Federal court to GOP: Make the computers available

Postby DCB » Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:23 pm

Stu Levitan wrote: I fully expect several attorneys to be suspended at the least, possibly disbarred. Would doubt any criminal prosecution, but I wouldn't rule it out.

So, best case scenario, some scapegoats (MBF employees) take the fall for FitzWalker's efforts to steal elections.

And nothing to hang on Walker. Again.

minicat
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 4537
Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2002 2:22 pm
Contact:

Re: Federal court to GOP: Make the computers available

Postby minicat » Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:43 pm

Gee, you'd think our wonderful, law-abiding attorney general would want to go after scofflaws like MBF.

Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 21604
Joined: Wed Sep 04, 2002 8:57 pm
Location: Name sez it all
Contact:

Re: Federal court to GOP: Make the computers available

Postby Henry Vilas » Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:47 pm

If not, federal prosecutors certainly should. Defiance of a federal court order is a serious crime.


Return to “Local Politics & Government”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests