Is this [recanted story of an] attack a hate crime?

Please limit discussion in this area to local and state politics.
Detritus
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Is this [strike]alleged[/strike] attack a hate crime?

Postby Detritus » Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:12 pm

Stebben84 wrote:From Moderate Meades "moderate" link.

Media Trackers is continuing to follow developments in this story, but due to the ongoing criminal investigation we have chosen to remove the allegations raised by both sides from our website. All information has been given to law enforcement authorities. As information becomes available, we will stay abreast of the case.

Huh? Looks like someone other than Pocan chose to make a statement.

I see. They're happy to print allegations from one side, but not from both sides. That certainly sounds "non-partisan" to me.

Woofer
Forum Addict

Postby Woofer » Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:27 pm

Vicki McKenna must be absolutely losing her shit right now, as it's all she's been talking about for days.

jman111
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jman111 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:31 pm

Larry's certainly not alone in jumping on the bandwagon.
From among the comments at the Media Trackers link:
Sounds like WI Dems are just like Islam. Just another “religion of peace”.

Pocan should step out of the race

Mark Pocan is a cradle robber, pervert and drama queen. NOT what I want representing me in congress! Good grief!

And of course, the liberals will now love Mark even more! Sick people.

Meade
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Is this [recanted story of an] attack a hate crime?

Postby Meade » Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:35 pm

Meade wrote:Seems like it would be. And making false reports to the police would be a pretty serious crime, wouldn't it?

Let the chips fall where they may.

bdog
Forum God/Goddess

Postby bdog » Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:11 pm

ilikebeans wrote:
Earlier Monday afternoon, a spokesman for Rep. Mark Pocan and an attorney representing his partner, Philip Frank, said they were considering suing for libel over claims that Frank threatened Wood.

Word on the street says the Estate of Bea Arthur is "all in".

pjbogart
Forum God/Goddess

Postby pjbogart » Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:15 pm

Ned Flanders wrote:
Meade wrote:http://dailycaller.com/2012/10/25/wisconsin-gop-campaign-worker-hospitalized-after-apparent-gay-bashing-assault/

I'm sure this is leading all news broadcasts....right?

Well, maybe Ned will get his wish after all.

And so concludes the story of the gay Amish kid who came out of the closet, married and man and became a Mormon.

The End.

snoqueen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby snoqueen » Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:37 pm

Gee, I hope party affiliation didn't affect anyone's good senses.

No danger of that. There's no good sense to begin with.

pjbogart
Forum God/Goddess

Postby pjbogart » Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:32 pm

Ordinarily, I think I'd feel sorry for this obviously troubled young man, but his decision to drag others through the mud in a lame attempt to influence an election (that he had no real opportunity to influence) is pretty disgusting. Maybe Utah would be interested in his special brand of crazy.

In 2008, Wood was arrested for threatening his former boyfriend with a butcher knife. After he pleaded no contest, the charge was lowered to a non-criminal forfeiture for disorderly conduct, and Wood paid a $275 fine.

Volunteer for Chad Lee recants story of attack for being gay Republican

Strangely enough, neither The Daily Caller nor Media Trackers seem interested in keeping their readers up-to-date on this story that caused so much hyperventilating for the last three days.

Oh wait, Media Trackers removed the bogus messages from Mark Pocan's partner... and even offered an explanation!

A gay Republican volunteer beaten last week in Madison by an unidentified individual is alleging that prior to the attack he received harassment from other gays, including the husband of Democratic congressional candidate Mark Pocan. The alleged harasser, Philip Frank, denies the allegations and denies knowing the victim, Kyle Wood.

Media Trackers is continuing to follow developments in this story, but due to the ongoing criminal investigation we have chosen to remove the allegations raised by both sides from our website. All information has been given to law enforcement authorities. As information becomes available, we will stay abreast of the case.

Allegations Fly in Beating of Gay GOP Volunteer

Well, thanks for staying abreast of that as information comes available.

jjoyce
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jjoyce » Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:26 pm

From Media Trackers "about" page:

Media Trackers is dedicated to media accountability, government transparency, and quality fact-based journalism. Our site examines stories published in the mainstream media, explores claims made by some of the more partisan Wisconsin political groups, and provides the facts on the issues, people and elections that matter in the state.

Meade
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Meade » Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:34 pm

jjoyce wrote:From Media Trackers "about" page:

Media Trackers is dedicated to media accountability, government transparency, and quality fact-based journalism. Our site examines stories published in the mainstream media, explores claims made by some of the more partisan Wisconsin political groups, and provides the facts on the issues, people and elections that matter in the state.

Media Trackers has been hoaxed. I guess that now puts them right up there with the New York Times, the Washington Post, Isthmus, and... well, me.

Mad Howler
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Mad Howler » Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:56 pm

Meade wrote:
jjoyce wrote:From Media Trackers "about" page:

Media Trackers has been hoaxed. I guess that now puts them right up there with the New York Times, the Washington Post, Isthmus, and... well, me.

Dude! You jumped on to this truck just as quickly as media smackers grabbed you by the nose ring. Your hyper-edited back track is unbecoming of you. The Meade I have come to know never backs down from a flimsy position. Shame!

pjbogart
Forum God/Goddess

Postby pjbogart » Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:18 pm

Based upon the comments from right-wingers who even acknowledged the story, I'd say the conspiracy du jour is that the "gay mafia" silenced this poor victim even though he was telling the truth. In today's right-wing media, it's better to seem right than to be right. Shit, you have a captive audience. You can tell them anything you want. It's not like they're going to fact-check you.

So the gay liberals in the police department silenced this poor victim. That's how we roll in Madison. We're a town of freaks run by freaks.

Walter
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Walter » Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:50 pm

pjbogart wrote:So the gay liberals in the police department silenced this poor victim. That's how we roll in Madison. We're a town of freaks run by freaks.

As the Queen of the gay liberals in the police department, I categorically deny this!

But we are a town of freaks runned by freaks, thank God.

Walter
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Walter » Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:01 am

Walter wrote:
pjbogart wrote:So the gay liberals in the police department silenced this poor victim. That's how we roll in Madison. We're a town of freaks run by freaks.

As the Queen of the gay liberals in the police department, I categorically deny this!

But we are a town of freaks runned by freaks, thank God.

Sorry, instead of "God" I should have said "Non-denominational non-Christian deity, life spirit, higher power, or lack thereof." My bad.

HAIL SATAN!

other i
Forum Addict

Postby other i » Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:15 am

Meade has been hoaxed. It's an ongoing permanent condition. He probably got a group rate when he signed up for it.

Return to “Local Politics & Government”