Is this [recanted story of an] attack a hate crime?

Please limit discussion in this area to local and state politics.
bdog
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Is this [recanted story of an] attack a hate crime?

Postby bdog » Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:40 pm

jjoyce wrote:Can the Prosser report by Lueders be compared to the Media Trackers story on the text messages, as bdog insists?

Where did I ever say that, let alone insist it? Here is where I originally brought it up:

bdog wrote:
snoqueen wrote:And the gift keeps giving: we get to see the wingnut faction make asses of themselves once again and demonstrate none of them ever took Journalism 101 or has the slightest idea what it might be about.

I.e., the same lesson Bill Lueders learned on the Bradley / Prosser dust-up.

I never said Lueders was as bad as the Mediatrackers people. He DID fail the journalism 101 test in regards to the Prosser story.

bdog
Forum God/Goddess

Postby bdog » Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:48 pm

jjoyce wrote:
lukpac wrote:"No comment" is quite different from "didn't make any attempt to contact".

Ding!

You don't think Lueders had enough to go on? I think that puts you in the distinct minority.

I'm sure it does here.

Let's assume I'm not comparing Lueders to mediatrackers, which is the topic Jason wants, but not what I said (go ahead and quote me if you think otherwise).

I'm comparing Prosser story Lueders to Cry Rape Lueders.

You make the valid point that no comment is not the same as making no attempt to contact. Did lueders attempt to contact any of the conservative "knowledgeable sources"? I mean, cmon, he knows where all these people stand doesn't he? And hindsight is 20/20 but geez it's obvious now he missed getting a big part of the story.

It's not responsible journalism to publish a story like this without getting more facts first.

Meade
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Meade » Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:18 pm

jjoyce wrote:the Media Trackers story and Christian Schneider's interview on the Journal Sentinel website are nowhere to be found?

Cached.

Meade
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Meade » Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:30 pm

jjoyce wrote:
Meade wrote:Didn't the investigation determine that it was Bradley who rushed, with clenched fists, at Prosser?

Why don't you tell us, Meade. Did it? We're not in some kind of class you're teaching here. Nobody's obligated to submit to your game of questions. We've all clearly laid out our opinions on this matter, even bdog. What's yours?

Can the Prosser report by Lueders be compared to the Media Trackers story on the text messages, as bdog insists? Or is it idiotic to make that comparison, as I'm arguing?

Go ahead... take the leap. We'll catch you when you fall.

I posed one question. You asked three, Jason.

Is it idiotic, on an internet forum, to compare and contrast the Lueders Prosser report and the Media Trackers story? Of course not. Here's a similarity: In both cases, the reporters - probably due to confirmation bias - got played by "sources" with political agendas.

Here's a difference: Kyle Wood recanted his false story. Leuders's anonymous sources, as far as I know, never did.

lukpac
Forum God/Goddess

Postby lukpac » Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:10 pm

Meade wrote:I posed one question.

One which you are apparently not prepared to answer.

Meade wrote:Here's a difference: Kyle Wood recanted his false story. Leuders's anonymous sources, as far as I know, never did.

What "false story" did Leuders' anonymous sources fail to recant?

Meade
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Meade » Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:43 pm

That there was ever a "chokehold".

lukpac
Forum God/Goddess

Postby lukpac » Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:52 pm

Meade wrote:That there was ever a "chokehold".

Which is what Bradley believed it was. And what Bradley *said* it was. What is there to recant?

bdog
Forum God/Goddess

Postby bdog » Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:58 pm

How about adding the fact that another witness stated "You were not choked"?

lukpac
Forum God/Goddess

Postby lukpac » Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:04 pm

bdog wrote:How about adding the fact that another witness stated "You were not choked"?

What about it?

bdog
Forum God/Goddess

Postby bdog » Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:17 pm

Lucpac why do you have to make every conversation so damn difficult?

lukpac
Forum God/Goddess

Postby lukpac » Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:25 pm

bdog wrote:Lucpac why do you have to make every conversation so damn difficult?

That seems to be your job.

You seem to be assuming that Lueders simply sought out people that would help "his" story, while ignoring others. Yet both Prosser and Bradley initially declined to comment, while later making comments to the Journal-Sentinel. How do you know that was not also the case for others involved?

Meade
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Meade » Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:39 pm

jjoyce wrote:Meade: If you have an accusation to make about the Prosser story linked above, which you seem to be comparing to the made-up story about Kyle Wood that Media Trackers has removed (and now refuses to answer questions about), then make it.

Okay, Jason, I think I will:
I accuse Bill Lueders's anonymous several knowledgeable sources in his Prosser story of being liars, cowards, and crooks.

They may even be child molesters, rapists, and murderers for all I know.

Kyle Wood will probably suffer deeply, directly, and personally for the harm he has caused. He should. He owes his victims repair and restitution.

Bill Lueders's anonymous knowledgeable sources will most likely never even slightly suffer guilty consciences for the damage they tried to do (and did) to a good man's reputation.

lukpac
Forum God/Goddess

Postby lukpac » Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:45 pm

Meade wrote:I accuse Bill Lueders's anonymous several knowledgeable sources in his Prosser story of being liars, cowards, and crooks.

Why?

Do you know they were wrong?

(note that not knowing if they were right isn't the same thing as knowing they were wrong)

pjbogart
Forum God/Goddess

Postby pjbogart » Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:08 pm

Ok, so let me get this straight. Meade starts this thread based upon two separate sets of lies. The first was that a Republican campaign worker was savagely beaten for being a gay Republican, the second was that I somehow questioned whether that imaginary beating was a hate crime. I didn't. I was merely pointing out that Republicans generally don't believe in hate crimes. So the entire thread is basically a lie based upon a lie, and Meade is the liar, as usual.

Eventually we discover that the whole "savage beating" was a hoax perpetrated by what appears to be a very troubled young man who is Amish, gay, Republican and now a Mormon. Meade feels foolish for pushing a story that turns out to be a hoax and decides to rehash the Prosser-Bradley "dust up." It's a juicy worm, several forons decide to take a bite and Meade is able to claim victory (in his own mind) in what is perhaps the most ridiculously fail thread the Daily Page has ever seen.

Which is why you should never engage liars. If you manage to back them up far enough that they're forced to concede, they simply change the subject.

bdog
Forum God/Goddess

Postby bdog » Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:08 am

pjbogart wrote:Ok, so let me get this straight. Meade starts this thread based upon two separate sets of lies. The first was that a Republican campaign worker was savagely beaten for being a gay Republican, the second was that I somehow questioned whether that imaginary beating was a hate crime. I didn't.

pjbogart wrote:It's great to see you guys looking out for gay rights. Is this a hate crime, then?

Seems like you did.

Return to “Local Politics & Government”