RwP: Obama (Fail), Obama (Win) and Ann Althouse's Concerns

Please limit discussion in this area to local and state politics.
Meade
Forum God/Goddess

Re: RwP: Obama (Fail), Obama (Win) and Ann Althouse's Concer

Postby Meade » Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:39 pm

TheBookPolice, I am in favor of an increase in effective well-conceived and well-implemented regulations in campaign financing.

TheBookPolice
Forum God/Goddess

Postby TheBookPolice » Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:58 pm

And how long have you been concerned about campaign finance regulation? What worries you the most about the areas in which you see regulation falling short?

Meade
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Meade » Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:07 pm

15 years or so. Transparency and the influence from foreign governments and non-American entities.

How would you answer those same questions, TheBookPolice?

TheBookPolice
Forum God/Goddess

Postby TheBookPolice » Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:15 pm

Yes; yes, insofar as the overturning of Citizens United is an increase in regulation; probably about as long as you have; the high financial bar of entry into the realm of national elected service, and the unfettered ability of non-human entities to manipulate facts and voters.

Funny -- the ability of average Americans to spend $30 supporting their candidate of choice doesn't concern me that much.

bdog
Forum God/Goddess

Postby bdog » Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:38 pm

Adam....best civics lesson? Hardly. Let those kids follow a no-name candidate going door to door...or let them sit through a common council meeting...that would be a good civics lesson.

Going to a Presidential speech...it's a high, nothing more.

You and Althouse have a lot in common. You are the "missing links" that may someday unite the great divide.

People...if you have not watched Adam's last post (the musical), you are missing something very special.

Schabow
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Schabow » Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:45 am

bdog wrote: People...if you have not watched Adam's last post (the musical), you are missing something very special.

Thanks bdog. Because I am shameless, I am going to repost the link the musical right here: http://shabhead.blogspot.com/2012/10/rw ... itics.html

Schabow
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Schabow » Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:55 am

OK, any conservatives want to be on a panel for Rants Without Pants (Don't Worry, you can wear pants...and I'll be wearing pants), where we discuss the election?

It would take place in Milwaukee, but I would consider Skyping in if need be. You will be respected. I'm looking a couple of people who veer right and a couple of people that veer left.

Meade, I'm looking in your direction. If you are up for it, you could Skype in. I already have a libertarianish guy.

Return to “Local Politics & Government”