Act 10 overturned

Please limit discussion in this area to local and state politics.
massimo
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Act 10 overturned

Postby massimo » Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:00 pm

Ahhh. A fresh new voice has arrived. Glad to see that it's already being adequately fed and watered.

Earthling
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Earthling » Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:27 am

Nice to see that our beloved county board has jumped right in:

State Representative Steve Nass (R-Whitewater) reacted to news that the Dane County Board, with little public notice, will ram through contract extensions through 2015 for some county unions. Liberals on the Dane County Board and union leaders are taking advantage of the horrible ruling issued by Dane County Judge Juan Colas blocking parts of Wisconsin Act 10.

“From some of the judges to many of the elected officials, Dane County is about as close to a Banana Republic as you can find anywhere. Eventually, the house of cards will collapse in Dane County with significant costs. In the next budget, I will fight any effort to send more state money to this county,” Nass said.

Nass noted that officials from Dane County and the City of Madison are constantly demanding more funds through various state programs. These officials constantly work to increase government costs by implementing extremely liberal local policies, and then come to the Capitol demanding that taxpayers from around Wisconsin foot the bill.

“The failure of Dane County to utilize the long term cost savings tools of Act 10 will eventually lead to a significant fiscal crisis. The consequences of that crisis should be Dane County ’s alone,” Nass said.

The Dane County Board will vote on contract extensions tonight. This action will be taken with less than 48 hours public notice.

Marvell
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Marvell » Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:46 am

Nice to see you posting insipid propoganda without citing your source.

And Steve Nass is a moron. So you're in good company.

Earthling
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Earthling » Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:52 am

Marvell wrote:Nice to see you posting insipid propoganda without citing your source.

And Steve Nass is a moron. So you're in good company.

Are you arguing that the county board is NOT going to vote on this with less than 48 hours notice?

The One
Forum Addict

Postby The One » Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:53 am

Stebben84 wrote:Sure. The republicans hijacked the Senate and allowed for no debate.

By hijack, do you mean they had the majority? When did Senate Republicans shut down the floor debate of Act 10? If anything, the Senate Democrats shut the floor debate down by not showing up to debate.

Stebben84 wrote:It wasn't until they left and starting getting the word out that people knew what was going on. I guess it spoiled the Republicans plans to ram things through the state legislature as fast as possible so no one has time to react. How delightfully democratic of them.

I completely agree that trying to ram a bill through is a shifty thing to do. Many things that the Republicans did in the Act 10 battle turned my stomach. However, with control of the Senate, Assembly, and the Governor's Office you can do that. That is what democracy looks like when the electorit gives one party complete control.

Marvell
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Marvell » Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:55 am

Are you ignoring the blatant editorializing that runs throughout your still uncited quotation?

Or are you, as I've already surmised, simply a moron?

Marvell
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Marvell » Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:56 am

The One wrote: electorit

What's that - a Republican sex organ?

Earthling
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Earthling » Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:04 pm

Marvell wrote:Are you ignoring the blatant editorializing that runs throughout your still uncited quotation?

Or are you, as I've already surmised, simply a moron?

Typical response: ignore the content/attack the source

The source is a research assistant that works for Nass. I recieved an email including a PDF file with the press release. Just copied and pasted it. Nothing online for me to link.

Regardless had it not been for this email I, along with many others I imagine, would be unaware that this was even happening.

Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:12 pm

Earthling wrote:Regardless had it not been for this email I, along with many others I imagine, would be unaware that this was even happening.

It's the top headline on the front page of today's Wisconsin State Journal. It's also the top story at madison.com.

Earthling
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Earthling » Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:15 pm

Henry Vilas wrote:
Earthling wrote:Regardless had it not been for this email I, along with many others I imagine, would be unaware that this was even happening.

It's the top headline on the front page of today's Wisconsin State Journal. It's also the top story at madison.com.

Didn't read the paper today. On vacation with my labtop, and won't pay the premium for madison.com. I suppose I could have found it somewhere if I knew I was supposed to be looking.

Pretty typical behavior for our County Board though. Better ram this through while they have the chance.

wack wack
Forum God/Goddess

Postby wack wack » Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:20 pm

Earthling wrote:Pretty typical behavior for our County Board though. Better ram this through while they have the chance.

Well, you can't say the behavior is unprecedented.

Earthling
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Earthling » Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:52 pm

wack wack wrote:
Earthling wrote:Pretty typical behavior for our County Board though. Better ram this through while they have the chance.

Well, you can't say the behavior is unprecedented.

No, but IMO it is circumventing a pretty legitimate state law that was put in place. A window has opened, and they feel justified forcing the taxpayers to fit the bill for more high priced government expendetures that we can't afford. The only justification for this is "because we can."

lukpac
Forum God/Goddess

Postby lukpac » Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:00 pm

Earthling wrote:No, but IMO it is circumventing a pretty legitimate state law that was put in place. A window has opened, and they feel justified forcing the taxpayers to fit the bill for more high priced government expendetures that we can't afford.

Who can't afford it?

fennel
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fennel » Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:07 pm

lukpac wrote:
Earthling wrote:No, but IMO it is circumventing a pretty legitimate state law that was put in place. A window has opened, and they feel justified forcing the taxpayers to fit the bill for more high priced government expendetures that we can't afford.

Who can't afford it?
Why, the billionaires, of course. Now they can't create jobs. Yeah, that's it.

Earthling
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Earthling » Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:07 pm

lukpac wrote:

Who can't afford it?

Ok I'll bite: taxpayers

Return to “Local Politics & Government”