Segway Jeremy Ryan ill?

Please limit discussion in this area to local and state politics.
Maggie
Forum Addict

Re: Segway Jeremy Ryan ill?

Postby Maggie » Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:11 am

I may not have always agreed with your tactics Jeremy, but your heart was always in the right place.

I am preying for you Jeremy. You're a beautiful man. Keep on fighting Jeremy. You ain't dead until you're dead.

other i
Forum Addict

Postby other i » Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:12 am

Are you working at this just about full time now, Meade?

rabble
Forum God/Goddess

Postby rabble » Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:21 am

bdog wrote:LMAO.

Okay I just have to make sure here. You do know that Leaver's ranting about about Ryan's begging for legal fees but you and Meade are talking about Ryan begging for medical, right?

Uncle_Leaver
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Uncle_Leaver » Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:22 am

bdog wrote:
Uncle_Leaver wrote:...my objection to Jeremy's turn of phrase is not the same as Meade's characterizing him as a con artist.

Uncle_Leaver wrote:Anyone who gives this punk a dime should also be sure to forward their bank account number to some nice man in Nigeria. Wait ... scratch that. They're not equivalent enterprises. You'll likely get more for your money from the Nigeria deal.

LMAO.

This is one of those "Do I really have to explain this?" moments. I know you're dumber than a real dog, B, but see if you can keep up with this:

I suggested nobody should give this guy money for his legal defense fund. That's not the same as suggesting he's a con man lying about his health as Meade is suggesting. That's shitty on Meade's part when, as usual, he knows nothing. If I were saying, "Don't send this guy money for his medical bills" you might have a point. But you don't. Not terribly surprising.

But whatever, dog. Pick your allies. You think Meade's a great guy because the two of you like to engage in the occasional pseudo-libertarian circle jerk. And I'm a dick because you're easily ruffled and hold grudges. You're entitled to your opinion. It's not like I'm feeling sorry for myself that you're not inviting me over for the big game on Sunday. Being labeled an asshole by guys like you and Meade is pretty much one of life's great compliments.

So to clarify: Yes, I think Jeremy has acted like an asshole. And yes, I'm sorry that he's in poor health. I wouldn't expect a simple-minded conservative to understand such emotional complexity and I'm done "defending" myself, so if you want to keep quoting me out of context, knock yourself out.

scratch
Forum God/Goddess

Postby scratch » Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:32 am

Careful, DogBoy, your mask of being a kinder, gentler, less assinine version of Larry is slipping.

Doright_Dudley

Postby Doright_Dudley » Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:57 am

Interesting blog post about Defending Wisconsin PAC and Jeremy's trip to the Occupy DC K Street protests.

http://bloggingblue.com/2012/04/30/what ... -money-on/

Can anyone explain how spending $2,289.94 on one trip to DC in October, 2011 for the Occupy protests is defending Wisconsin?

Supposedly Jeremy attended a Labor Day rally in Madison on Monday (9/3/12). How can this be based on his reported dire condition?

Meade
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Meade » Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:14 am

Considering Jeremy Ryan has announced he’s a candidate for the State Assembly, the public deserves some transparency about how the PAC he runs spent the contributions it received and the citizens he aspires to represent deserve to know that he’s trustworthy and deserving of their votes, not just an individual looking for yet another helping of publicity to fuel his ego.

HawkHead
Forum God/Goddess

Postby HawkHead » Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:16 am

Doright_Dudley wrote:Interesting blog post about Defending Wisconsin PAC and Jeremy's trip to the Occupy DC K Street protests.

http://bloggingblue.com/2012/04/30/what ... -money-on/

Can anyone explain how spending $2,289.94 on one trip to DC in October, 2011 for the Occupy protests is defending Wisconsin?

Supposedly Jeremy attended a Labor Day rally in Madison on Monday (9/3/12). How can this be based on his reported dire condition?

So every sick person who is going to die should be shut in some hospital wing and left to die? A real good personal friend just passed away from cancer. She learned she had 12 months at the most to live. She didn't go into her house and shutter herself away. She was cooking for friends and family 3 days before her death! She was entertaining when she had the strength and out and about!

Meade
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Meade » Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:38 am

HawkHead wrote:So every sick person who is going to die should be shut in some hospital wing and left to die?

I have to say, HawkHead has a good point here. Just because on Sunday Jeremy's right lung was out and he had only 60% of his failing left lung, doesn't mean, that on Monday, he should be hospitalized.

"My right lung is out left is at 60% and failing... Doctors said there is nothing they could do... Don't be sad though it was going to come one way or another and fairly soon... I'm going to go out at at home... No more suffering or pain... Hospice or hospital is no way to go... Thank you all for the time we had..."

Mean Scenester
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Mean Scenester » Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:55 am

Pay heed, Forons! Meade got his MD in cardiopulmonary medicine from Bullshit U.

Stebben84
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Stebben84 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:12 am

New Media Moderate Meade the Medic. I'd roll with this one Larry. It's got some stellar alliteration.

Meade
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Meade » Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:24 am

I don't mind the personal attacks, but eventually, you guys will have to either answer the question or continue avoiding the question.

It's your choice and, for any thoughtful person reading this thread, how you choose tells more about you than whether or not you get the answer right.

Here is the question:

Are you letting yourselves be duped by someone who is not in fact at death's doorstep?

Time will tell.

other i
Forum Addict

Postby other i » Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:37 am

So do you like - punch a time clock? Do you walk around the house thinking "ok, NOW what should I say back to them?" Do you take a break once in awhile and say "I'm not going to think about this for a few minutes..." Do you have to figure out how to get the kids off to school before sitting down at the computer?

What's it like being on the front line of whatever it is you think you are on the front line of?

Dangerousman
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Dangerousman » Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:47 am

swimmingupstream wrote: Jeremy who just turned 24 has shown more bravery in the face of evil than any U.S. military soldier in some far off land.

lolololololol I guess you and I have different definitions of "bravery."

Let's compare.

http://americanhistory.si.edu/militaryh ... asp?ID=421

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEic7T5a0BY

Dangerousman
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Dangerousman » Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:53 am

david cohen wrote:You are making fun of someone's life and, possibly, death. Classy of Isthmus to allow this.

Oh please. Do you know how many "assumes room temperature" threads are on here?

Where was the opposition to this thread?

viewtopic.php?f=37&t=54299

Return to “Local Politics & Government”