The Brett Hulsey Story...

Please limit discussion in this area to local and state politics.
bdog
Forum God/Goddess

Re: The Brett Hulsey Story...

Postby bdog » Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:04 pm

Ack. Sno has made good posts here.

Not everything is political I think.

Gordon Sussman was the canoe guy if I recall correctly.

Jeff Smith comes to mind too. He was a former weatherman on television who was accused of henious acts by his spouse.

I don't know how that ended up, besides Jeff Smith no longer being on television. In Madison at least.

snoqueen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby snoqueen » Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:12 pm

Here's another report on the incident, this from the AP:

http://host.madison.com/news/state_and_ ... 1b89b.html

the Meadster wrote:Then why did you add that information to your anecdote? You could have easily left it out but you chose not to. There is a reason you put it in.

The point, my dear, was:
... how long-lasting can be the effects of anything regarding questionable behavior with children in today's wildly oversensitive environment, even when the evidence is ambiguous.

The anecdote about the other possible offender, his fate, and his divorce shows how long-lasting can be the effects of anything regarding questionable behavior with children. The divorce was possibly one of the effects to which I was referring. We don't know.

As I told you earlier.

"Not knowing" is part of the story, in a way. Same with Jeff Smith. All loose ends do not get tied up in messy cases like these, sometimes not for generations.

We do know this is one of your favorite topics, but if you have more questions you'll have to ask someone else. I'm done with you, you creep.

pjbogart
Forum God/Goddess

Postby pjbogart » Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:32 pm

Sorry, very long day at work so I was unable to witness Meade's inanity until just now.

I guess I'm not sure where Meade's having troubles with my timeline and honestly, I don't care. Perhaps Meade doesn't have a cell phone so he can't simultaneously go outside and call the police.

The point of the story, only loosely related to the Hulsey story, is that adult men look suspicious when they are seen with children who are not their own. Do not take the child into your house. Do not put the child into your car. Call the police immediately and go somewhere where you are conspicuous. Encourage others to assist you because they are witnesses to your behavior. And whatever you do, don't call Laurence Meade for advice.

acereraser
Forum God/Goddess

Postby acereraser » Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:26 pm

I was just at the Great Dane with fellow ultimate players. One couple brought their 2 1/2 year old boy to the game, and then to the Dane. Early on, all the people around the table were giving high-fives/fistbumps to the boy, and I was seated diametrically opposed to him, so we couldn't reach. He was reaching for me, so I got up and walked around to him. The boy suddenly got shy, and buried himself in his mom. His parents knew I wasn't threatening him, and mildly chided him for leaving me hanging, and then I gave the fistbump to mom.

The point is that kids are prone to this kind of behavior, pjbogart did the best he could in that situation, and Meade should continue to rail on about this for my entertainment. Brett Hulsey may prove to be a creep, but it is not obvious to me from the story provided.

other i
Forum Addict

Postby other i » Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:09 am

Worthless thread. We're talking about the potential for misperception of child abuse when we should be talking about the need for anger management.

Neade
Forum Addict

Postby Neade » Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:28 am

Meade wrote:Ha ha. Funny thing is, a few hours ago, I said the very same thing to someone who suggested I run for office. No one would vote for me. I wouldn't even vote for myself.

The best Meade statement ever.

Is there any doubt over who this someone is?

As I was just saying the other day after someone told me I should run for office.....

Phil
Forum Addict

Postby Phil » Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:16 am

So what I learned from this thread is that Meade is creepy and you should keep him away from your kids.

Meade
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Meade » Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:37 am

I want nothing to do with your kids. Please stop abusing and neglecting your kids. Thank you.

Phil
Forum Addict

Postby Phil » Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:05 am

Has anyone else noted that Hulsey and Meade have similar personalities? They are both aggressively weird.

bdog
Forum God/Goddess

Postby bdog » Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:09 am

What are the chances that Hulsey is a foron? Pretty good I think.

Who might he be?

Disclaimer: I am not Brett Hulsey

swimmingupstream
Forum God/Goddess

Postby swimmingupstream » Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:26 am

Yeah, both Meade and Hulsey are repulsively needy.

I can understand why Meade is. By all appearances he has not done much with his life except marry Ann Althouse who is a back water right wing blogger. As if that is not a dime a dozen.

Hulsey, on the other hand, has somehow gotten himself elected to the Assembly. With that you would think he could rein in his ego problem.

Meade
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Meade » Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:43 am

bdog wrote:Disclaimer: I am not Brett Hulsey

I am not Brett Hulsey.

bdog
Forum God/Goddess

Postby bdog » Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:52 am

Ok now we're making some progress.

Funny that Swimming jumps in as there has been speculation that she is a local politico....So who are Hulsey's political enemies?

Meade
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Meade » Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:54 am

Brett Hulsey swims. Or so it's been reported.

bdog
Forum God/Goddess

Postby bdog » Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:45 am

Hmmmm...from a 2010 Isthmus story:

On several issues, he specifically criticized opponent Dianne Hesselbein.To illustrate her shifting positions on transportation, he brandished a piece of election literature from her campaign two years ago, in which she stated support for a county-wide vote on establishing a Regional Transit Authority. Hulsey says he was disappointed when Hesselbein ultimately voted against the RTA. "I think it's important to keep our promises," he says. He also says Hesselbein's recent support for the county's purchase of the Ice Age Trail is a flip-flop from her position against the buy last year.

Return to “Local Politics & Government”