The Brett Hulsey Story...

Please limit discussion in this area to local and state politics.
jman111
Forum God/Goddess

Re: The Brett Hulsey Story...

Postby jman111 » Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:15 pm

Meade wrote:My attack was on his actions and inactions.

Your attack was baseless and idiotic. Not surprising, considering the source.
Seriously, what the hell is wrong with you?

rrnate
Forum God/Goddess

Postby rrnate » Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:46 pm

I would also like to know what is wrong with Meade.

Fess up Larry!

Meade
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Meade » Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:49 pm

The part of Brett Hulsey's story that is most suspicious is where he says that he is "flabbergasted" that he was charged with disorderly conduct. Surprising astonishing memo to Brett: you should be flabbergasted that anyone at all believes your story.

The part of pjbogart's story that is most suspicious is where pj asks "Now, can you imagine if that child had been abused in some way before I found her?"

A two year-old who had fallen down steps, with scrapes on both hands, "not quite" bleeding but "pretty close", frightened and crying, and pj bogart leaves her at the top of his back steps where she could fall once again while he phones the police? And he says "Now, can you imagine if that child had been abused in some way"?

PJ - the child was abused. That's what you don't seem to understand. Abused and neglected.

And putting your fear of being wrongly maligned because you are not an innocent gray-haired old raging granny like snoqueen, ahead of doing the right thing at that moment, the right thing being to bring the toddler into a space of safety and protection, you - albeit only for the length of time it took you to get off the phone - chose to leave the baby alone and in danger. The inaction you chose constituted an additional neglect of the child.

You were afraid for your own safety. Boo hoo, big boy. Next time, muster up a little courage, take appropriate action, and protect the child -- your shining reputation be damned.

Stebben84
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Stebben84 » Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:03 pm

Once again, read what Meade says and do the complete opposite.

ilikebeans
Forum God/Goddess

Postby ilikebeans » Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:04 pm

Meade, just shut the fuck up for once. You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

pj, what you did was exactly the right course of action under the circumstances.

DCB
Forum God/Goddess

Postby DCB » Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:39 pm

ilikebeans wrote:Meade, just shut the fuck up for once. You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

I didn't even read the article, but just from the reading this thread its obvious that Meade is a much bigger jerk than Hulsey.

Meade
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Meade » Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:59 pm

Wait a minute, now this just doesn't add up. PJ, in his second comment said, defensively, "As soon as I found the girl, I went to the front of the house and sat on the curb in plain view for all the world to see."

But in his original story he said "I looked out my back door and saw a little girl bawling her head off, she had climbed the steps and presumably fallen down a few because she had bright red scrapes on both her hands, not quite bleeding, but pretty close. She was probably only two years old or so, obviously very frightened and couldn't tell me where she lived so I called the police. But as Endo points out, there was no way I was bringing that girl into my house."

As soon as he found the child, he went to the front of the house and sat on the curb. And yet, he first saw her when he looked out his back door, there was no way he was bringing her into his house, so he called the police.

PJ, can you explain the sequence of those events a little clearer?

Comrade
Forum Addict

Postby Comrade » Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:38 pm

I was a school bus driver for 11 years.

Believe me first of all that there is a double standard for any single man in dealing with almost any child. It is not fair, but absolutely true.

PJ did the right thing in the situation he described, and he is also correct about the risk he took in doing so.

Yes, many many parents are absolutely bonkers about their kids and go off on anyone for the stupidist of reasons.

Some kids realize the power they have over adults because some men will not take any action against them. They take it one step further and actually threaten and blackmail the adult....." I am going to tell that you hit me unless....." Saw it many many times. It is why they now have attendants and cameras on the buses.

All this being the case, there is something really wrong with this story about Hulsey. Nothing mentioned would rise to the level of a disorderly charge. There is a great deal missing here that we are not being told. This just doesn't make sense. If he really stopped kids from picking on others, why would there be any charges against him? That is not disorderly. What do the pictures have to do with anything? Scaring a kid by yelling "Boo!???? Come on.

It is really creepy, but I think judgement should be witheld barring disclosure of the real facts here. My guess here is that Hulsey is not at all an innocent victim, but that is not sufficient reason to condemn him. Still, I would not allow him to be around my kids unsupervised.

Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:45 pm

Comrade wrote:It is really creepy, but I think judgement should be witheld barring disclosure of the real facts here.

I doubt if any more facts will come out since Hulsey pled "no contest" to the disorderly conduct charge... unless there is a civil suit.

SlayerDave
Forum Addict

Postby SlayerDave » Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:47 pm

Not alleging anything, but it is sort of interesting it took until after the primary for this to come out.

I know Hulsey handily beat his opponent, but still, I wonder what would have happened otherwise.

Endo Rockstar
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Endo Rockstar » Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:02 pm

Meade wrote:Wait a minute, now this just doesn't add up. PJ, in his second comment said, defensively, "As soon as I found the girl, I went to the front of the house and sat on the curb in plain view for all the world to see."

But in his original story he said "I looked out my back door and saw a little girl bawling her head off, she had climbed the steps and presumably fallen down a few because she had bright red scrapes on both her hands, not quite bleeding, but pretty close. She was probably only two years old or so, obviously very frightened and couldn't tell me where she lived so I called the police. But as Endo points out, there was no way I was bringing that girl into my house."

As soon as he found the child, he went to the front of the house and sat on the curb. And yet, he first saw her when he looked out his back door, there was no way he was bringing her into his house, so he called the police.

PJ, can you explain the sequence of those events a little clearer?

Meade, dude. Stop...this is just getting sad.

-Dan Motor

Comrade
Forum Addict

Postby Comrade » Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:19 pm

Henry Vilas wrote:
Comrade wrote:It is really creepy, but I think judgement should be witheld barring disclosure of the real facts here.

I doubt if any more facts will come out since Hulsey pled "no contest" to the disorderly conduct charge... unless there is a civil suit.

You are probably right. We will likely never know what really happened. I won't condemn him based on what we know. I will however, remember this (as will others) and keep him away from our kids.

Meade
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Meade » Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:23 pm

SlayerDave wrote:Not alleging anything, but it is sort of interesting it took until after the primary for this to come out.

I know Hulsey handily beat his opponent, but still, I wonder what would have happened otherwise.

Who is Hulsey's opponent in the general?

Meade
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Meade » Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:34 pm

Comrade wrote:You are probably right. We will likely never know what really happened. I won't condemn him based on what we know. I will however, remember this (as will others) and keep him away from our kids.

Why, if you are withholding your judgement, are you also going to "remember this and keep [Brett Hulsey] away from our kids"? Sounds like you have already made a condemnatory judgment.

It's pj bogart who needs to be kept away and particularly kept away from injured frightened lost children at the top of his back door stairs where they can fall and be further injured while pj protects himself from feverishly imagined false charges that could "royally screw" him.

Stebben84
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Stebben84 » Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:39 pm

Endo Rockstar wrote:

Meade, dude. Stop...this is just getting sad.

-Dan Motor

That was complete awesomeness.

Return to “Local Politics & Government”