How baldwin wants your energy bill to "necessarily skyrocket

Please limit discussion in this area to local and state politics.
Forum God/Goddess

How baldwin wants your energy bill to "necessarily skyrocket

Postby Cornbread » Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:38 pm

Love the internet. No more leftist filters of information.

Obama: Energy Prices Will Skyrocket Under My Cap and Trade Plan

When I was asked earlier about the issue of coal…under my plan of a cap and trade system, electricity rates would necessarily skyrocket…even regardless of what I say about whether coal is good or bad, because I’m capping greenhouse gasses, coal power plants, natural gas…you name it…whatever the plants were, whatever the industry was, they would have to retro-fit their operations.

That will cost money…they will pass that money on to the consumers. ... -skyrocket

So, what are the source of electrical power in WI again? And most of the US?
Natural Gas

Thank chicago leftist democrat obama and madison leftist baldwin for any increase in your electricity/heating and food/transportation costs.

Go tammy go! You too can be barack!
Hose us, hose us hose us!

In 2009, Baldwin voted For a Cap-And-Trade System, stating, “This is the kind of change President Obama promised and Congress has delivered.”
(H.R. 2454, CQ Vote #477: Passed 219-212: R 8-168; D 211-44, 6/26/09, Baldwin Voted Yea; Rep. Tammy Baldwin, “Landmark Clean Energy Bill Bears Baldwin’s Stamp,” Press Release, 6/26/09)

The Wisconsin State Journal credited Baldwin with a major role in passing the legislation stating, “She helped muscle through a climate change bill.” (Mark Pitsch, “Baldwin’s Long Fight For Health Care Reform,” Wisconsin State Journal, 8/30/09)

Doesn't anyone do reporting/journalism anymore?

The non-partisan Congressional Budget Office reported that the bill Baldwin supported would have lead to higher energy prices for consumers and employers stating, “Under a cap-and-trade program, firms would not ultimately bear most of the costs of the allowances but instead would pass them along to their customers in the form of higher prices.” (CBO Senior Advisor Terry Dinan, “The Distributional Consequences Of A Cap-And-Trade Program For CO2 Emissions,” Testimony Before The Subcommittee On Income Security And Family Support House Committee On Ways And Means, 3/12/09)

Somebody call me a doc-tor!
Funny stuff.

Return to “Local Politics & Government”