Ralph Reed & the Recall

Please limit discussion in this area to local and state politics.
Forum God/Goddess

Ralph Reed & the Recall

Postby jjoyce » Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:46 pm

Media Trackers goes after Reed's "Faith and Freedom Coalition" for its failure to disclose involvement in the recall.

To hear Reed’s account of his organization’s activity, the outcome of the election hinged on his group’s work to make 600,000 voter contacts prior to election day. But a check of the GAB database and a recent report by the Wisconsin Democracy Campaign both failed to mention any election activity by the Faith and Freedom Coalition and its state-based affiliate, the Wisconsin Faith and Freedom Coalition.

The majority of voter contact work done by the Coalition comprised of robo-calls, text messages, and e-mails made through a for-profit firm in which Reed has a financial interest, according to AlterNet, an alternative digital newsmagazine. Personal distribution of voter guides was only a minority of the touted 600,000 voter contacts.

david cohen
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Ralph Reed & the Recall

Postby david cohen » Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:52 pm

Reed has been a tool since the 80s. Now he's a Power Tool. Too bad he isn't in the same grave as his buddy Jerry Falwell.

Forum God/Goddess

Re: Ralph Reed & the Recall

Postby Cornbread » Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:41 pm

Ya know, I've never liked reed, and pat robertson even less.
But compared to the GAB, I think between the two, I'd trust the alley cat. OK, cats don't vote other than those without an ID, so by default, I'd have to trust reed's group.

Return to “Local Politics & Government”