Obamacare Ruling for Adults

Please limit discussion in this area to local and state politics.
Cornbread
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Obamacare Ruling for Adults

Postby Cornbread » Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:51 pm

Detritus wrote:I see Cornbread finally found someone his age to play with.

Please go to some fair trade coffee house and talk about Gov. Palin and her children or whatever's on tap for you new democrats.

Cornbread
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Cornbread » Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:00 pm

Bwis53 wrote:So Corny, what's your solution? Let the poor and sick be free to die? What do you think we should do instead?

If I were god/obama, what would I do?
Off the top of my noggin:

1. Put up a fence along our southern border as a 'no borders' country cannot exist with 'free health care'. Not one country in the world has that and all know it's financially impossible.

2. Do something about lawsuit reform as defensive medicine is killing the medical profession.

It's late and I'm in a hurry to get this wrapped up, so I think I'll come up with more, but that's two for a start.

Poor people aren't dying any more than poor people are starving in this country. The problem with our poor is obesity and diabetes. One only need look at the medicaid budget to know that the so called "poor" aren't being kicked to the curb, not to mention it's a law that they have to be treated.

Another thing to look into is what is your definition of "poor".
I know there's been a conjob ran with "household" income as a definition. With single parents heading households are record levels, it would make sense that "household income" would be down, but both households share the same fluking kids...and what would have prior been defined as "family income" has now been split in half, under "household income".

Many things, good discussion and it's late.

Later tater.....

Cornbread
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Cornbread » Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:06 pm

So, no "answers"?
Ya'll can't even figure out if it's a tax or not?

A continued example of why leftists must suppress other opinions and worldviews as theirs cannot stand even a hint of breeze from a world outside of theirs.....

BTT........

david cohen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby david cohen » Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:10 pm

So Stu, how about that new Feats/Hunter collaboration?

DCB
Forum God/Goddess

Postby DCB » Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:21 pm

Cornboy wrote:Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum, ya'll.

Leftist democrats Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat leftists. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit , leftist/democrats in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum. What the FLuke?

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit bumpersticker, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Michael Patrick
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Michael Patrick » Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:44 am

david cohen wrote:So Stu, how about that new Feats/Hunter collaboration?

Can't wait to check it out.

wack wack
Forum God/Goddess

Postby wack wack » Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:04 am

Cornbread wrote:So, no "answers"?

It's not important to adults, it doesn't matter. Only those suffering from the mental stunting known as "conservatism" get hung up on such piddly details.

Guess what? It's a tax, and a fee, and a fine, and a mandated purchase. It's all of it, and you're going to pay it. Don't like it? Get out.

Ever watch "Big Bang Theory," Corny? There's an episode where friend after friend tells Sheldon to "go away!" It takes him most of the episode to figure out the problem might be him.

Please remember this the next time the concept of "vacuity" pops into your leading kernel.

DCB
Forum God/Goddess

Postby DCB » Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:36 am

wack wack wrote:Guess what? It's a tax, and a fee, and a fine, and a mandated purchase. It's all of it, and you're going to pay it. Don't like it? Get out.
And to top it all off, its a penalty.

Its not, however, unconstitutional, or as bad as 9/11. But if you don't like it, by all means, move to Canada.

Cornbread
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Cornbread » Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:53 pm

wack wack wrote:
Cornbread wrote:So, no "answers"?

It's not important to adults, it doesn't matter.

No, I can't figure out if it's a tax. Zerobama and his clones repeatedly stated it's not a tax. The only way it was constitutional was by declaring it a tax.
And zerobams and ilk are stating it's not.
:arrow: :?:

But one of the many things that is lost on leftist democrats running the democrat party these days is the significance of it.
OK, they may be just lying and the non leftists that still "believe" in zerobams don't get it.
What? WTF am I saying that ya'll are either lying about or are being used as useful idiots about?

Quoting 'progressive' hero supreme court marshall:
"The power to tax is the power to destroy."

The reasoning underlying the 5 to 4 majority opinion is the court’s unprecedented pronouncement that Congress' power to tax is unlimited. The majority held that the extraction of thousands of dollars per year by the IRS from individuals who do not have health insurance is not a fine, not a punishment, not a payment for government-provided health insurance, not a shared responsibility -- all of which the statute says it is -- but rather is an inducement in the form of a tax.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2012/07/ ... z1zW28Mo6D

so it's was not a tax, but it passed constitutional muster as a tax as the way it was presented to the supreme court?

the following is important, so from the same article deserves its own emphasis:

Under the Constitution, a tax must originate in the House (which this law did not), and it must be applied for doing something (like earning income or purchasing tobacco or fuel), not for doing nothing. In all the history of the court, it never has held that a penalty imposed for violating a federal law was really a tax. And it never has converted linguistically the congressional finding of penalty into the judicial declaration of tax, absent finding subterfuge on the part of congressional draftsmanship.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2012/07/ ... z1zW2Wb4mm

Truly historic. What will those in the future think of this moment?

Only those suffering from the mental stunting known as "conservatism" get hung up on such piddly details.

Thank you, New Democrat.

Guess what? It's a tax, and a fee, and a fine, and a mandated purchase.

I guess you are OK with the government forcing an individual to purchase something just because they are breathing.
(hint; this is why it's not covered by the interstate commerce clause--it doesn't exist, so they cannot regulate it).

It's all of it, and you're going to pay it. Don't like it? Get out.

Get out? One cannot get out of this massive tax increase and federal lifestyle control.
Get out? I must not understand what you're talking about?
What do you mean?

Ever watch "Big Bang Theory," Corny?

Nope, don't watch TV other than some sports. I do have it on as background when I do this as my wife watches it though. I'm listening to Fuel now as Hells' Kitchen is on though. Multi-tasking baby. OK, sometimes I do that too much....

Cornbread
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Cornbread » Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:59 pm

DCB wrote:And to top it all off, its a penalty.

So the US Constitution and Bill of Rights now states it's OK for the federal government to impose a monetary "penalty" upon individuals in this once great nation for NOT buying something from a private party?

Fuel.....Hemorrhage....losing sensation....losing hearing.....losing sight.....drifting away......

Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:06 pm

Medicare Part D requires purchasing a prescription plan from private insurers. GOP members of Congress pushed it through because they did not want a single-payer plan.

Stu Levitan
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Stu Levitan » Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:26 pm

Cornbread wrote:Quoting 'progressive' hero supreme court marshall:

Classic. He thinks John Marshall was a Progressive hero. That's our Cornie, a real student of American history. (And a fine copy editor, too!)

BTW - Romney's chief spox says the mandate (you know, pretty identical to the one Romney imposed in Massachusetts) is NOT a tax, but merely a way to deal with freeloaders. So there's that.

And, you know, some of us (mainly the leftists) STILL believe this is a great country. So sad that you disagree. But if you want to drift away, please be our guest.

Cornbread
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Cornbread » Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:50 pm

Stu Levitan wrote:BTW - Romney's chief spox says the mandate...

I don't like him at all, btw.
I (along with a lot of conservatives) am still making up my mind about romney. But I will vote for him mainly due to obama being a pathological liar and a leftist bent on destroying this country, or as he said, to "fundamentally change this country".
Shitcan that fascist, criminal pig. I'd vote for miss piggy over zerobams. At least she fills out a suit.... :D

FWIW, if any government wants to have their own free health care system, then it should be either a city or a state, NOT the federal government. We're about state's rights. If IL wants to tax the rich, businesses and give away money, that's their business. If I live there and don't like it, I'd try to change it or move.

This way we can have a free flow of people between states, yet still maintain a confederation. State's rights.

I like that.

(you know, pretty identical to the one Romney imposed in Massachusetts) is NOT a tax, but merely a way to deal with freeloaders. So there's that.

And, you know, some of us (mainly the leftists) STILL believe this is a great country. So sad that you disagree. But if you want to drift away, please be our guest.[/quote]

Return to “Local Politics & Government”